West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope Moyes will sort out defensive issues as seen against Man City and need to improve. I am expecting Moyes to rest some players as we got the Plastics on Saturday and Bright is the team that I hated most - reason that they are bogey team to us that we never won a PL games in 8 games with 5 draws and 3 losses. Don't know how long Cressie will be out for but hopefully not long. Soucek may need a rest but depend on Moyes in this training this week. Lanzini could start in place of ineffective Benrahma.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Diop
Johnson

Soucek/Kral/Noble
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

I am seriously hope to end this Brighton nightmare and we need to be more sharper and PLEASE NO SLOW START!!. Tough games but we need badly to get 3 points as other teams below us are creeping up now and no time to drop

COYI

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Although we sit 4th in the table this really is a must win game, and is achievable.

Arthur cannot start if we want to win this. Although Dawson did little wrong today I would like to see Diop start this one.

Bowen will be back as we will probably resort to our original formation with 4 at the back, and as you say Ibby, Lanzini replacing Benny.

The only really big change I can see happening, is, I have a feeling Rice will be dropped for Noble........as we have Chelsea next Rice is on 4 yellows at the moment 1 away from a 1 match ban, why play him and risk him picking up another yellow when we should be able to win this without him. This will guarantee he is available against Chelsea.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:27 pm Although we sit 4th in the table this really is a must win game, and is achievable.

Arthur cannot start if we want to win this. Although Dawson did little wrong today I would like to see Diop start this one.

Bowen will be back as we will probably resort to our original formation with 4 at the back, and as you say Ibby, Lanzini replacing Benny.

The only really big change I can see happening, is, I have a feeling Rice will be dropped for Noble........as we have Chelsea next Rice is on 4 yellows at the moment 1 away from a 1 match ban, why play him and risk him picking up another yellow when we should be able to win this without him. This will guarantee he is available against Chelsea.
Fornals to go back to left winger than Masuaku as Fornals are good in that area with Bowen on the right alongside Coufal helping hands and Johnson on left side to help Fornals. Hope Perkins come in mid 2nd half to give Antonio some leeway for Chelsea
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:27 pm Although we sit 4th in the table this really is a must win game, and is achievable.

That's interesting - I would be inclined to give Soucek a rest for a couple of games as he's lost his razor sharpness. Which would naturally allow Master Kral to partner Declan in a highly functional and extremley motivated new midfield pairing. Two whirling pivots at the centre no less.

That might be too imaginative for a home-game in November but push the boat out is what I say. And if you are casting off, as bold as you like,make sure you include your in-form shipmates - we all know the ones.

So applying a bit of whats what,some horse sense and a couple of shots-in-the-dark to murky proceedings,might steer us through into calm waters...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bogey team . O-1
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Disagree mate, we need Rice in this game, Brighton are no mugs and a very good passing team.

Noble will easily get by passed.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

We need to beat Brighton as let’s be honest Chelsea will finish above us, we must get full points or at least a point if poss from teams outside the top three of cityliverpool and Chelsea if we get top four it will be a massive achievement as the prem is harder than last season this season forsure

whu

Post by whu »

hope cresswell plays, brighton played well against leeds. their right winger lamptey, best player on the park. hence my cresswell comment. will be a very open game. could be a desmond.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

whu

Post by whu »

rice must play. far higher chance of 3 points midweek than saturday but will be a tough game. potter is a manager i like a lot. next england manager.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays the cup team
COYI!!!