Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Rick_Deckard

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Didnt expect to win, outside chance i thought maybe a draw...so just a defeat by one goal i'll take..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm 2-1 looks like we pushed them but we never did.

Soucek was fucking pants and what a ridiculous foul for the first.

Antonio ran about a bit. But summed it up when he should have taken on the City defence, dithered, lost the ball and Cressie got injured when they broke.

Moyes out
It's time to give Kral a run in the team over Soucek and let Lanzini/Vlasic take Benrahma's place for a couple of games.

Misplaced loyalty isn't an admirable trait, it actually confirms an absence of big thoughts

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:21 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:14 pm To be honest it wasn't that bad a performance from us today, against a good side like city you have to make good on any chances that are created.

We were put into some great position's and the main instigator being Fornals passing.

But unfortunately and it hasn't just been this game it all goes very wrong in or around the penalty area.

I felt confident before the match we would snatch a draw, even when we were a goal down I thought a point was still achievable.

Three points on Wednesday will make up for it onwards and upwards
Even allowing for City’s obvious superiority in every department I still thought it was a complete shitshow on our part .

Issa Diop’s fault without a doubt .

No surrender
Gave them too much respect playing 5 at the back....or 4.5 if you include Arthur.....and totally agree 100%.....,.,...Diop out

And my four penneth worth ..... Ogbonna Out

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:26 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm 2-1 looks like we pushed them but we never did.

Soucek was fucking pants and what a ridiculous foul for the first.

Antonio ran about a bit. But summed it up when he should have taken on the City defence, dithered, lost the ball and Cressie got injured when they broke.

Moyes out
It's time to give Kral a run in the team over Soucek and let Lanzini/Vlasic take Benrahma's place for a couple of games.

Misplaced loyalty isn't an admirable trait, it actually confirms an absence of big thoughts
Soucek could go into Moyes' office, drop his shorts and shit on the desk and still wouldn't be dropped.

You're as good as your last game. Bruno Fernandes couldn't do a thing wrong last season. On the bench today.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:32 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:26 pm

Soucek could go into Moyes' office, drop his shorts and shit on the desk and still wouldn't be dropped.

You're as good as your last game. Bruno Fernandes couldn't do a thing wrong last season. On the bench today.
No he isn't..... he's captain today....the other Portandcheese geezer is not even on the bench

Whoops... Renaldo is on the bench....my mistake
Last edited by andyginbrasil on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:38 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:32 pm

No he isn't..... he's captain today....the other Portandcheese geezer is not even on the bench
Yes you're right. I'm sure I heard them say he was dropped. Not watching it.

But you get my point. Nobody can play on reputation alone. Soucek has been a shadow of last season's player.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm
Dagger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm Came in late on as sub
Wouldn't of said the 59th minute was coming on late , even for Moyes .
Agree
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm [quote=Dagger post_id=294404 time=<a href="tel:1638115502">1638115502</a> user_id=258]
Came in late on as sub
Wouldn't of said the 59th minute was coming on late , even for Moyes .
[/quote]
Agree but I was answering the didn’t know he was playing ? I listened to the whole game and didn’t sound as bad as some who had watched on a stream , is Ben had put his chance away they would probably beaten us 5 : 1 😆they are the best in Europe at the moment and getting results without grealish and Foden ffs

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:41 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:38 pm

But you get my point. Nobody can play on reputation alone. Soucek has been a shadow of last season's player.
I'm still not seeing negatives in Soucek yet.... except the lack of goals from last year....He gets on with his game quietly and efficiently and is a good team player.
I cannot think of very many occasions that his so called form has led to the opposition's creating goal scoring chances.
But I can remember that he has broken up many.

Although not spectacular this season he has done a decent job beside Rice.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:22 pm Didnt expect to win, outside chance i thought maybe a draw...so just a defeat by one goal i'll take..
I really think we have the players to beat any side if selected in the right formation with the right tactics , problem is I think I know something about football and Moyes know's fuck all .

Towie

Post by Towie »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:50 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm still not seeing negatives in Soucek yet.... except the lack of goals from last year....He gets on with his game quietly and efficiently and is a good team player.
I cannot think of very many occasions that his so called form has led to the opposition's creating goal scoring chances.
But I can remember that he has broken up many.

Although not spectacular this season he has done a decent job beside Rice.
Exactly this, his work rate for the team is phenomenal.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.