Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by 9898 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:26 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm 2-1 looks like we pushed them but we never did.

Soucek was fucking pants and what a ridiculous foul for the first.

Antonio ran about a bit. But summed it up when he should have taken on the City defence, dithered, lost the ball and Cressie got injured when they broke.

Moyes out
It's time to give Kral a run in the team over Soucek and let Lanzini/Vlasic take Benrahma's place for a couple of games.

Misplaced loyalty isn't an admirable trait, it actually confirms an absence of big thoughts
So you want and are asking for Soucek to be dropped? Hmmm. Didn't someone say this would happen.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:50 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Yes you're right. I'm sure I heard them say he was dropped. Not watching it.

But you get my point. Nobody can play on reputation alone. Soucek has been a shadow of last season's player.
I'm still not seeing negatives in Soucek yet.... except the lack of goals from last year....He gets on with his game quietly and efficiently and is a good team player.
I cannot think of very many occasions that his so called form has led to the opposition's creating goal scoring chances.
But I can remember that he has broken up many.

Although not spectacular this season he has done a decent job beside Rice.
Only Soucek ? ( wouldn't call him efficient either especially in the passing department ) , what about Masuaku , I know Cresswell made a goal line clearance but thought he was poor , Benrahma as inconsistent as ever , Fabianski doesn't help the team with his poor decision making and poor distribution .
In my eyes we lacked pace , creativity and belief in getting forward . I don't want to get on Moye's back because of how much he has helped us progress , but once again up against a top side he lacked ambition .

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

So we should have gone at City today 😆how far have we come under Moyies that we believe attacking city is the way to go

If we went at them they would have torn us a new one the score line would have been embarrassing and the confidence would have been knocked

2.1 defeat and still top 4 is a good place to be providing we beat Brighton , let’s pick our fights

City are a different level maybe a few more seasons with investment and careful building and we can go there and get a draw 😉

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:52 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:22 pm Didnt expect to win, outside chance i thought maybe a draw...so just a defeat by one goal i'll take..
I really think we have the players to beat any side if selected in the right formation with the right tactics , problem is I think I know something about football and Moyes know's fuck all .
I suspect your comment is tongue in cheek but if not can I suggest a little more water with your chosen beverage. ;)

We have some good players of course, and a good team ethic. But the Citys, Chelsea’s and Liverpool’s have better ones in key positions. For us to get a result against the reallly top boys we need to be at 100% and hope the opposition is little off the pace.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:03 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:50 pm

I'm still not seeing negatives in Soucek yet.... except the lack of goals from last year....He gets on with his game quietly and efficiently and is a good team player.
I cannot think of very many occasions that his so called form has led to the opposition's creating goal scoring chances.
But I can remember that he has broken up many.

Although not spectacular this season he has done a decent job beside Rice.
Only Soucek ? ( wouldn't call him efficient either especially in the passing department ) , what about Masuaku , I know Cresswell made a goal line clearance but thought he was poor , Benrahma as inconsistent as ever , Fabianski doesn't help the team with his poor decision making and poor distribution .
In my eyes we lacked pace , creativity and belief in getting forward . I don't want to get on Moye's back because of how much he has helped us progress , but once again up against a top side he lacked ambition .
Surely this shows how far we have come? We are disappointed to lose to Citeh, the best team in Europe at keeping the ball, pressing and controlling games.

I agree with you about Moyes cautious approach against the so called big 6, but even that is improving.

Our squad is not good enough to be top 4, but we are good enough to finish top half.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Surely this shows how far we have come? We are disappointed to lose to Citeh, the best team in Europe at keeping the ball, pressing and controlling games.

I agree with you about Moyes cautious approach against the so called big 6, but even that is improving.

Our squad is not good enough to be top 4, but we are good enough to finish top half.
Precisely. We are over achieving with the squad we have. We should take our C & B specs off and ask ourselves this.

How many of our squad would be in the starting line up of any of the top 3.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Apparently we lacked ambition against the Scouse too. Fucking hell 🙄

Towie

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm Apparently we lacked ambition against the Scouse too. Fucking hell 🙄
Who said that Castiron mate?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:27 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Even allowing for City’s obvious superiority in every department I still thought it was a complete shitshow on our part .

Issa Diop’s fault without a doubt .

No surrender
Gave them too much respect playing 5 at the back....or 4.5 if you include Arthur.....and totally agree 100%.....,.,...Diop out

And my four penneth worth ..... Ogbonna Out
Recent history tells us that Moyes always plays 3 at the back against this lot .
But whenever he plays , Masuaku is always worth a goal start to the opposition as he always , with out fail , gets caught out of position .

Glaring error by the Scottish one imo , brought about by his lack of trust in Diop .

Diop plays left CB in a 4 with Fornals protecting Cresswell up and down that left flank and linking up with Bowen and Antonio on the break ? Well it’s easy to be wise after the event but would Masuaku have played if Oggy was fit ?

Oh and Benrahma was a waste of space . Again .

Bowen or even Vlasic would have been a better option imo
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:42 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm Apparently we lacked ambition against the Scouse too. Fucking hell 🙄
Who said that Castiron mate?
Klopp 😆