Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Only Soucek ? ( wouldn't call him efficient either especially in the passing department ) , what about Masuaku , I know Cresswell made a goal line clearance but thought he was poor , Benrahma as inconsistent as ever , Fabianski doesn't help the team with his poor decision making and poor distribution .
In my eyes we lacked pace , creativity and belief in getting forward . I don't want to get on Moye's back because of how much he has helped us progress , but once again up against a top side he lacked ambition .
Surely this shows how far we have come? We are disappointed to lose to Citeh, the best team in Europe at keeping the ball, pressing and controlling games.

I agree with you about Moyes cautious approach against the so called big 6, but even that is improving.

Our squad is not good enough to be top 4, but we are good enough to finish top half.
I have said similar in a post the other day..

We are well over achieving., so I can't understand the knockers at all.

Moyes has created a togetherness and it's our attitude that has got us where we are in the last 18 months,not because we have the best players.Let's be honest,we have one player who would get into any of the TOP 3 Teams and that would be it.

It's about time some of our fans on social media got realistic,instead of spouting crap(you know who you are).

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:28 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:42 pm

Who said that Castiron mate?
Klopp 😆
:lol: :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:47 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:27 pm

Gave them too much respect playing 5 at the back....or 4.5 if you include Arthur.....and totally agree 100%.....,.,...Diop out

And my four penneth worth ..... Ogbonna Out
Recent history tells us that Moyes always plays 3 at the back against this lot .
But whenever he plays , Masuaku is always worth a goal start to the opposition as he always , with out fail , gets caught out of position .

Glaring error by the Scottish one imo , brought about by his lack of trust in Diop .

Diop plays left CB in a 4 with Fornals protecting Cresswell up and down that left flank and linking up with Bowen and Antonio on the break ? Well it’s easy to be wise after the event but would Masuaku have played if Oggy was fit ?

Oh and Benrahma was a waste of space . Again .

Bowen or even Vlasic would have been a better option imo
You can't make a silk-purse out of a scrotum said the Gonz in the match review - quite,but I bet someone has tried...like one of those special-forces type guys in indo-china in the 70s...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All I can say is our support were fucking magnificent up there today.

Onwards and upwards.

whu

Post by whu »

decent account. soucek needs a rest. antonio needs a rocket. we need lingard (and im not his biggest fan tbh) but sheer amount of game coming. as stated, support was fantastic up there. irons.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Can't believe the criticism Moyes is getting here and in some other quarters tbh. We have just been beaten 2-1 by the team many people regard as the best in Europe, never mind England. We were still in the game until their second went in, yes I know the knockers will say "but we didn't create any chances" but one goal down you're always in the game. Imo some people have to realise that going toe to toe with that lot will normally result in shipping 3 or 4. Whether we like it or not our first choice starting 11 has only got 1 player (2 at a stretch) who would have a shot at getting into City's squad.

Yes SQUAD, not starting line up. Imo we are over achieving with the squad we have and that is down in no small part to the coaching staff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Reading this thread and others on social media, I do wonder about some of our fanbase sometimes. Some of our fans have become very entitled.

I was up at the game yesterday, I drove up, parked opposite the south stand in a school and I sat in the upper tier for the first time yesterday rather than the lower tier as normal and from what I could see, we filled the stand completely although some of the guys behind me turned up at half time because they got stuck on the motorway.
I had to take a long detour on the way home via single lane roads through Alderley Edge and Congleton and only finally got on a motorway at Stoke on Trent thanks to the Sat nav but it only took 4 hours in the end via the M40 so not too bad considering the atrocious conditions.

I thought we played pretty well. The difference that was fair to see was that, in my mind, they had the best CB pairing in the premier league playing yesterday and it showed.
Ruben Dias and Aymeric Laporte are everything I would want in a CB pairing and they contained us superbly. It was not for the lack of trying and we had some chances (especially the Benrahma one) but were not quite clinical enough. We started very well but City seemed to find a rhythm especially as the snow came down and they dealt with the conditions better than us. Rice especially, gave the ball away a few times uncharacteristically but it will not be snowing too often during games so it is what it is.

At the end of the day, they are a world class team who I still think will win the PL this season but while we lost the game late on and they were the better team as you would expect, we were always in it and had some chances and their crowd was very quiet while it was 1-0. I've seen us slaughtered there many times (although I have seen us win too) and so I dont think we should be too despondent. We were far better than against Wolves. That said, I don't think Arthur did enough for a regular start and would like to see Bowen back on Wed.

On the way back to the car after, I was chatting to a Man City group and they were saying that we were a lot better than PSG as they looked lazy whereas our workrate was commendable and our performance had them concerned until the second goal went in.

Not our best day but far from our worst so cant understand the melt down on social media and in some parts here. We will lose games, we are not invincible FFS

Just my view.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:29 am Reading this thread and others on social media, I do wonder about some of our fanbase sometimes. Some of our fans have become very entitled.

I was up at the game yesterday, I drove up, parked opposite the south stand in a school and I sat in the upper tier for the first time yesterday rather than the lower tier as normal and from what I could see, we filled the stand completely although some of the guys behind me turned up at half time because they got stuck on the motorway.
I had to take a long detour on the way home via single lane roads through Alderley Edge and Congleton and only finally got on a motorway at Stoke on Trent thanks to the Sat nav but it only took 4 hours in the end via the M40 so not too bad considering the atrocious conditions.

I thought we played pretty well. The difference that was fair to see was that, in my mind, they had the best CB pairing in the premier league playing yesterday and it showed.
Ruben Dias and Aymeric Laporte are everything I would want in a CB pairing and they contained us superbly. It was not for the lack of trying and we had some chances (especially the Benrahma one) but were not quite clinical enough. We started very well but City seemed to find a rhythm especially as the snow came down and they dealt with the conditions better than us. Rice especially, gave the ball away a few times uncharacteristically but it will not be snowing too often during games so it is what it is.

At the end of the day, they are a world class team who I still think will win the PL this season but while we lost the game late on and they were the better team as you would expect, we were always in it and had some chances and their crowd was very quiet while it was 1-0. I've seen us slaughtered there many times (although I have seen us win too) and so I dont think we should be too despondent. We were far better than against Wolves. That said, I don't think Arthur did enough for a regular start and would like to see Bowen back on Wed.

On the way back to the car after, I was chatting to a Man City group and they were saying that we were a lot better than PSG as they looked lazy whereas our workrate was commendable and our performance had them concerned until the second goal went in.

Not our best day but far from our worst so cant understand the melt down on social media and in some parts here. We will lose games, we are not invincible FFS

Just my view.
Moyes out.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:30 am
h69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:29 am Reading this thread and others on social media, I do wonder about some of our fanbase sometimes. Some of our fans have become very entitled.

Just my view.
Moyes out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Haven't they ever...