Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Glad our Europa journey now passed to Round of 16 in March so that will give us a leeway with only Dinamo Zagreb left which I hope some couple of youngster, mainly like Chester and Perkins to give some match times.

Away to Man City, is never a confidence place to get 3 points or even a point. Need to do very well and keep them at bay for as long as we can. Hope Antonio, Fornals and Benrahma to do better and manned up. Reason why we lost to Wolves as we have 2 central defenders in right footed so need a left footer for the left side attack. Formation need to chance as 4-2-3-1 won't get anything but a heavy loss. Hopefully Moyes will put 5-4-1 with 3 central defenders in with Cresswell joining Zouma and Dawson or even Diop. Johnson and Coufal could do the wing-back situation. In this situation Benrahma will be drop and could come to replace Bowen in 2nd half to give Bowen a little rest for the Brighton game.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal - RWB
Dawson/Diop
Zouma
Cresswell
Johnson - LWB

Bowen
Spicy Ricey.
Soucek
Fornals

Antonio

I hope this formation will give us something but hope not to get a tonking as Man City started another ruthless winning runs. We need to keep sharp and 100% focus EVERY MINUTES.

COYIssssssss whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if that was the line up Ibbs
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 pm Wouldn’t be at all surprised if that was the line up Ibbs
Playing 3 at the back against bigger team is the only option to keep the score down or at least to get something from the game as we did last season at Man City

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 pm Wouldn’t be at all surprised if that was the line up Ibbs
Playing 3 at the back against bigger team is the only option to keep the score down or at least to get something from the game as we did last season at Man City
Bigger team ? surely not .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Think we should go out and play and not hold back , think we should also change it up a bit . Especially as Coufal is back to his best , we could at least play Johnson at LB which would make us defensively better . So my starting eleven would be as follows ;

Areola
Coufal - Zouma - Diop - Johnson
Rice - Kral
Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
Antonio

Fabianski - Dawson - Alese - Cresswell - Soucek - Masuku - Vlasic - Lanzini - Perkins .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:41 am
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Bigger team ? surely not .
Hope we can bridge the gap between West Ham and Man City.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

After our first two Europa League games we lost the following Sunday. After the next two we won. So I guess we a due a draw after the last one. Which I would bite anyone's hand off for. The next two Sundays against, imo, the best two teams in the league will give us a very good idea how close or otherwise we are to them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:03 pm After our first two Europa League games we lost the following Sunday. After the next two we won. So I guess we a due a draw after the last one. Which I would bite anyone's hand off for. The next two Sundays against, imo, the best two teams in the league will give us a very good idea how close or otherwise we are to them.

I do agree with you whiskyman.

With Liverpool,they are in a different class to the rest.If we get more than one point,we'd have done really well.These are the cream of the PL & Europe.

PS,We play Chelsea next Saturday at 12 30.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:03 pm After our first two Europa League games we lost the following Sunday. After the next two we won. So I guess we a due a draw after the last one. Which I would bite anyone's hand off for. The next two Sundays against, imo, the best two teams in the league will give us a very good idea how close or otherwise we are to them.

I do agree with you whiskyman.

With Liverpool,they are in a different class to the rest.If we get more than one point,we'd have done really well.These are the cream of the PL & Europe.

PS,We play Chelsea next Saturday at 12 30.
Imo Liverpool are a very good team. But for me Chelsea and City are even better and I expect those two to slug it out for the title this season as well as being two of the likely destinations of the CL trophy.

There are encouraging signs from our academy after many years in the doldrums so let's hope we can start producing the sort of talent coming out of Cobham at the moment. Don't know what the Chelsea academy costs them to run but it's sure as hell paid for itself over the past 2 or 3 seasons with the talent that's coming through from it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

City are one of the best in Europe and the world,not just the PL.Tbh,I don't expect anything,but this team,especally this season,has an element to surprise.You never know?City and Liverpool are capable of giving anybody a good hiding,but we beat the latter..I'd be over the moon with a draw.