My favorite

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

My favorite

Post by Ironworksfc »

person in premier league football is Bielsas interpreter

It's pure comedy that he supposedly can't speak English, while managing an English club
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Re: My favorite

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:36 pm person in premier league football is Bielsas interpreter

It's pure comedy that he supposedly can't speak English, while managing an English club
And how do we know the translation is an accurate one, and not toned down to suit the media.

Interviewer: Marcelo, how do you feel your team played today ?

Bielsa: Jugaron como un montón de coños, son una mierda de mierda y estoy jodidamente cabreado con eso semana tras semana.. Malditos conos.

Interpreter: I thought we played a good game and were a little unlucky. Particularly as the fifth goal was clearly offside.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:26 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:36 pm person in premier league football is Bielsas interpreter

And how do we know the translation is an accurate one, and not toned down to suit the media.

Bielsa: Jugaron como un montón de coños, son una mierda de mierda y estoy jodidamente cabreado con eso semana tras semana.. Malditos conos.

Interpreter: I thought we played a good game and were a little unlucky. Particularly as the fifth goal was clearly offside.
Coños not Conos unless you really meant cones and not cunts

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:26 am

I did not. But I couldn't be arsed to find out how to put the virgulilla over the n. ;)

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:33 am
h69 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:11 am

I did not. But I couldn't be arsed to find out how to put the virgulilla over the n. ;)
hold the n down until you get a selection

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Thought Bielsa should know lots of English by now as he been in UK for 3 to 4 years now.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 am Thought Bielsa should know lots of English by now as he been in UK for 3 to 4 years now.
That is a good point. But then again there are those who have lived here all their lives and still haven't mastered it correctly. Just in case you don't believe me here's living proof.. He's mastered "yeah" and "right" but the rest's a bit of a struggle ;)

https://www.hammerschat.com/forum/posti ... 1&p=294047

BlackDiamond

Re: My favorite <favourite>

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 am Thought Bielsa should know lots of English by now as he been in UK for 3 to 4 years now.
He does Ibbs. But he chooses to continue with an interpreter as part of his 'interesting ways'.
Consider it as a piece of performance art, a two-hander that suggests something more serious is about to be revealed.

I particularly like the solemn face staring at the ground pose. launched a million T-shirts and mugs - surprised Gonzo doesn't go that route himself...

and why don't the BBC just run subtitles over a bit of mood music - like the jaunty Captain Pugwash theme,which they own copyright on anyway

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:23 pm
That is a good point. But then again there are those who have lived here all their lives and still haven't mastered it correctly. Just in case you don't believe me here's living proof.. He's mastered "yeah" and "right" but the rest's a bit of a struggle ;)

https://www.hammerschat.com/forum/posti ... 1&p=294047
True and he will never learn.

Ibbyham

Re: My favorite <favourite>

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm
He does Ibbs. But he chooses to continue with an interpreter as part of his 'interesting ways'.
Consider it as a piece of performance art, a two-hander that suggests something more serious is about to be revealed.

I particularly like the solemn face staring at the ground pose. launched a million T-shirts and mugs - surprised Gonzo doesn't go that route himself...

and why don't the BBC just run subtitles over a bit of mood music - like the jaunty Captain Pugwash theme,which they own copyright on anyway
Strange person is Bielsa whom we were very close to et him in 2015 but Bielsa didn't like our dwarfs tightness plus paying for interpreter.