The troll

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: The troll

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:17 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm

I do like Poch,but his not won anything of significance.

If he was to take over this week,Yeah,but wait till the end of the season?They can walk into nearly any club and take their manager,but the board are gutless.
He hasn't won a major trophy but he did turn Spurs into a side who were able to compete on a regular basis at the top table. And whether Spurs fans like it or not they aren't a club with that sort of pedigree. Guardiola wouldn't win the PL title with Spurs but it doesn't make his a bad manager, if you get my drift. If I was a United fan I'd prefer Poch to Zidane who seems to be the other name regularly mentioned. But I imagine Ed Woodward is feeling a bit of a prick for allowing Conte to slip through his fingers.
Why Poch to Zidane?

Zidane has won the CL 3 times as manager, don’t recall Poch winning anything.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Mr Carrick is in charge until next summer.

Hope he let us finish top 4.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:44 am The Norwegian one.

Sacked.

I thought he was doing a magnificent job. Huge mistake.

Rodgers in I reckon.
Bet I wasn't the only one sucked in by the thread title. Wonder if the troll will take a peek as well? :)
But on topic. Reading the latest , all though it was obvious to most, Ole had his favourites, was too soft and lost the dressing room. Not much out there at the moment and utd must be fuming on the inside for taking too long to act. But if they want someone with international experience as a coach then look no further than big Samuel. How many games was it? :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm

He hasn't won a major trophy but he did turn Spurs into a side who were able to compete on a regular basis at the top table. And whether Spurs fans like it or not they aren't a club with that sort of pedigree. Guardiola wouldn't win the PL title with Spurs but it doesn't make his a bad manager, if you get my drift. If I was a United fan I'd prefer Poch to Zidane who seems to be the other name regularly mentioned. But I imagine Ed Woodward is feeling a bit of a prick for allowing Conte to slip through his fingers.
Why Poch to Zidane?

Basically because I see Zidane as someone who was a bloody good fit for Real Madrid because of his playing record for them and also his relationship with Florentino Perez. I doubt he would get anything like that sort of relationship with the clowns running Man United at the moment, in large part due to the fact he apparently doesn't speak English at the moment.Also from what we read in the press Zidane doesn't want the job and Pochettino does and if that's true, for me, it's a very big deal.

Pochettino has worked with Levy, not easy I would imagine, and achieved a level of achievement with a medium sized club which, during his time there, threatened to become a major player. And in comparison with the clubs he was competing against with limited funds. True that Zidane has more trophies under his belt but there are only so many managers who can win the trophies that matter every year. Doesn't make the ones that just fall short poor managers.

And at the risk of upsetting the entire population of Kent and much of Essex I think it's also worth saying that once you've managed Real Madrid there's only one way left, and that's down. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:04 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:52 am
As usual they then make the biggest football mistake and appoint his background staff as interim caretakers. Which is logical madness. It's like passing the gun in a hostage situation to somebody else.
That club is a fucking shambles. I can't believe they allowed Conte to slip through their fingers. I hope Zinedine Zidane's English is up to scratch. ;)
Apparently he is learning English so he can gracefully turn the job down.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm

Why Poch to Zidane?

Give Pochettino that team and I think he probably would. Same with Conte who they should have gone and got. Conte would have shipped Pogba out immediately and possibly that little cry baby Fernandes and he would have told Ronaldo what he wanted him to do not the other way round.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I don't get the " can't talk english" bizzo. Nor can most of the players in the prem.

Edit. Reads like most of the players don't get it either. Which they probably don't. I meant they can't talk English.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:56 am I don't get the " can't talk english" bizzo. Nor can most of the players in the prem.

Edit. Reads like most of the players don't get it either. Which they probably don't. I meant they can't talk English.
I need to go back to school to understand what you just posted :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Word seems to be that when, not if, Poch takes over at Man United ZZ will fill his seat at the Parc des Princes. Which means Allardyce has missed out on yet another big appointment.

What was funny this morning was hearing Mark Hughes, yes he's still alive, spouting on the radio that he is looking to get back into football and would be interested in the interim Man United post if it was offered him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Surprised the Elephant mans not been linked.