West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:44 am At aussie rules games, apart from where the cheer squads gather , its mainly a mixed crowd from both sides. Been a few incidents in the last couple of seasons but mainly drunks and not to serious. You can have some good banter sitting with the opposition.
Quite right too, it's a good crack. But unfortunately a lot of people see football as an excuse for confrontation and in many cases aren't particularly well versed in life's social skills. I guess by cheer squads you mean the areas we would probably call the singing area. Doubt if visiting fans would want to be in those sections but personally don't see a problem with integration elsewhere in the ground.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:26 am
tassiehammer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:44 am At aussie rules games, apart from where the cheer squads gather , its mainly a mixed crowd from both sides. Been a few incidents in the last couple of seasons but mainly drunks and not to serious. You can have some good banter sitting with the opposition.
Quite right too, it's a good crack. But unfortunately a lot of people see football as an excuse for confrontation and in many cases aren't particularly well versed in life's social skills. I guess by cheer squads you mean the areas we would probably call the singing area. Doubt if visiting fans would want to be in those sections but personally don't see a problem with integration elsewhere in the ground.
Cheer squads are all recognised members of each club and number say 100, but don't quote me on that. They make the banners for the teams to run through at the start of the game and have guaranteed seats behind the goals. Play up and you lose any privileges.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

h69

Post by h69 »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:32 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:26 am

Cheer squads are all recognised members of each club and number say 100, but don't quote me on that. They make the banners for the teams to run through at the start of the game and have guaranteed seats behind the goals. Play up and you lose any privileges.
Sounds sensible. Quite why rugby fans can manage to sit together and get drunk together and talk about the game but football fans cannot is crazy. By all means have a sing song in the ground and even sit together but afterwards there really is no reason to start banging on about the war etc to provoke trouble.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

So,with the club not selling tickets or providing assisted travel to Austria, does that mean, that any subsequent disturbances in Vienna, later blamed on British visitors, can not be attributed to West Ham United football club directly or even complicitly and therefore UEFA could only sanction Rapid Vienna.

I bet that thought gets up UEFA's nose,the big babies...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Nail 'em up I say.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:41 am
tassiehammer wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:32 am

By all means have a sing song in the ground and even sit together but afterwards there really is no reason to start banging on about the war etc to provoke trouble.
Anyone that knows anything the ‘war’ knows the pounding Belgium took during both world wars and especially the first one .
My Grandad lost a leg to shrapnel at Ypres in 1915 and was nursed back to health by 2 Belgian nurses who he kept in contact with until the day he died .

As they got older they were both involved in the Brussels resistance movement that saved hundreds of British and commonwealth RAF crews by smuggling them back to Blighty in the second war .

Whoever wanted to sing “that” song to Belgian football fans needs his head examined …

And a darn good thrashing 6 of the best trousers down .
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:14 pm

By all means have a sing song in the ground and even sit together but afterwards there really is no reason to start banging on about the war etc to provoke trouble.
Anyone that knows anything the ‘war’ knows the pounding Belgium took during both world wars and especially the first one .
My Grandad lost a leg to shrapnel at Ypres in 1915 and was nursed back to health by 2 Belgian nurses who he kept in contact with until the day he died .

As they got older they were both involved in the Brussels resistance movement that saved hundreds of British and commonwealth RAF crews by smuggling them back to Blighty in the second war .

Whoever wanted to sing “that” song to Belgian football fans needs his head examined …

Quite so

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Me and my brother started a brussels resistance movement back in the 60s although we wouldn't have known it was called that at the time. We just couldn't eat the horrible things on a sunday. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Know anything about the war FFS. I bet the silly cunts who prattle on about German bombers and all the other shit they sing about would be the first fuckers to run for cover if the shit started flying.. Used to see it a lot in the bad old days of the 70s and 80s when you sometimes needed a hard hat to go to a match. The gobbiest "come on then" cunts were always the first to disappear into the crowd if it kicked off.

Spineless fuckwits. And that's being unkind to fuckwits.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Totally agree