West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:06 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm

There are plenty of working class people that dont feel the need to sling down 5 gallons of cheap lager, act like animals and antagonise locals every time they go abroad so it is hardly an excuse for those that do. We are decades past the days of working class people being mostly uneducated.

There were plenty of people with jobs of all kinds at the Saracens away games.

.....and that's assuming you believe in the class system still. What is working class anyway ? Most of us work so that makes us working class to be honest.
There’s idiots wherever you go mate , just making the point that it’s never cut and dried but everyone is very quick to judge based purely on the reputation of English fans of old .

I’m sure those types still exist but it’s a lot more prevalent overseas nowadays than here .

Fairy Nuff

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Anyone going, just don't mention the war. Or goose step with a finger on your top lip. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:37 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Sorry old son you’re wrong on this one and just being argumentative for the sake of it .
West Ham fans are not banned . UEFA sanctions are against the club not the fans .
It SHOULD be the fans but they know they have no evidence against individuals.

Vienna shouldn’t be selling tickets to West Ham fans in the same way we shouldn’t flog em to Man Utd & Liverpool fans but we do cos UEFA can’t stop it .

Despite Hammers United doing their best to ensure otherwise ….

I bet they havent got a problem with H & Whisky going to Vienna though .
Tbh mate I just don't get this obsession with segregation. As I've said many times I've never bought away tickets from West Ham, even when I used to attend every game. I've always sat amongst the home fans and there have also always been a small but significant number of Hammers fans doing the same thing, and I've never experienced any problems at all. Nor to the best of my knowledge have any of my fellow fans in the same stand. I would probably have got a slap, and deserved it, if I started getting in the faces of the people around me but that's something I just don't do. Don't wear replica shirts either because I don't like being ripped off. Up on my feet cheering a goal or near miss is my limit. And tbh anyone who can't handle a supporter of the other team doing that needs to have a serious word with themselves.

You are welcome to sit where you like but to sit with the home fans as an away supporter is a shit experience.

I like to be bouncing with the away fans, singing songs and creating an atmosphere

Genk was an amazing atmosphere, superb in the bars in Hasselt all day and a decent 90 mins.

Quietly clapping when allowed? Anyone for tennis?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

I have one major issue on this so called security incident.

The police in Belgium let 100-150 people into the stadium without a ticket or any form of security check.

This could have been a major terrorist incident.

Genk should be in the dock for failing to secure their ground.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Tbh mate I just don't get this obsession with segregation. As I've said many times I've never bought away tickets from West Ham, even when I used to attend every game. I've always sat amongst the home fans and there have also always been a small but significant number of Hammers fans doing the same thing, and I've never experienced any problems at all. Nor to the best of my knowledge have any of my fellow fans in the same stand. I would probably have got a slap, and deserved it, if I started getting in the faces of the people around me but that's something I just don't do. Don't wear replica shirts either because I don't like being ripped off. Up on my feet cheering a goal or near miss is my limit. And tbh anyone who can't handle a supporter of the other team doing that needs to have a serious word with themselves.

You are welcome to sit where you like but to sit with the home fans as an away supporter is a shit experience.

I like to be bouncing with the away fans, singing songs and creating an atmosphere

Genk was an amazing atmosphere, superb in the bars in Hasselt all day and a decent 90 mins.

You are entitled to your opinion. Just as you are entitled to bounce around, jump up and down, and, if you are one of those who like doing it, even showing off your beer gut to the world. But I can assure you when we scored it wasn't a "quiet clap" either from me, or most of the other away fans in with the home lot. In my experience it is possible to be passionate about your club without getting in the faces of people who support the other lot. But every one to their own tastes.

I assume because you say sitting with the home fans is a shit experience you have done it a few times. It's a pity you didn't enjoy the experience but that's obviously your problem.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:46 pm "As far as Rugby goes, I have been to watch the British Lions abroad and I have watched Saracens play in Europe and you get none of this nonsense. Never been to an Olympics away but I have never heard of anything kicking off out at these events nor at Tennis, Motor racing (apart from the drivers) or golf (apart from the players)."

and thats because of football supporters overwhelmingly working class roots....
So are you saying that "working class" people who watch football are moronic thugs whose idea of enjoyment is to cause problems wherever they go ?

I'm sure that's not what you are saying, but if it is, you are doing a massive disservice to the millions of decent people who would class themselves as "working class" and whose only interest is giving their kids and family a decent lifestyle.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Haven’t been in the home end since the Shed and North bank Highbury days

Was most amicable.

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Who said anyone quietly claps but as someone now in their 50s, there is a difference between cheering on your team without offending the people around you constantly and screaming 'Adolf Hitler is one of your own' to Austrians or shouting at everyone that we won the war for them in Belgium, generally looking to provoke the locals and then whining and blaming the police for everything when getting caught or set upon by said locals like those blokes in Zagreb who had the nerve to ask for funding.

I guess everyone looks for a different type of experience. I love a good atmosphere, I go to pretty much every away game and I am pretty much always in the away end with our fans and while there are a few coked up idiots away, there is a further line that our fans seem to cross when they go abroad and go out on the piss. That is not what I would call a great experience as evidenced by the lady in the link I posted about earlier who got separated from her son because our fans stampeded in the car park.

Genk was indeed a good atmosphere in the bars before the game but at some points during the game it was getting feisty and afterwards it was a bit nasty outside so I decided to sit elsewhere this time because having seen the Vienna fans at the LS I can imagine that there will likely be trouble at this game. I hope I am proved wrong but I really would like to avoid all that nonsense and support the team in qualifying.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

At aussie rules games, apart from where the cheer squads gather , its mainly a mixed crowd from both sides. Been a few incidents in the last couple of seasons but mainly drunks and not to serious. You can have some good banter sitting with the opposition.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

only1salty wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:59 pm I have one major issue on this so called security incident.

The police in Belgium let 100-150 people into the stadium without a ticket or any form of security check.

This could have been a major terrorist incident.

Genk should be in the dock for failing to secure their ground.
Is that really true? I must agree that is shocking if that was indeed the case and should be thoroughly investigated.
Flairon