West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Austria going into full lockdown from Monday
Should get reimbursed for flights and hotels now.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:11 am Austria going into full lockdown from Monday
What a shame, without restaurants,quaint inns or Hotels available,makes the trip unnecessary now.

The infection rate is no worse than in England. Percentage wise our daily death totals,hospitalisations are on about a par. And nobody bats an eye here.

If only the Austrians had delayed the lockdown by 5 days until next weekend.

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:11 am Austria going into full lockdown from Monday
Yep. Got my corporate ticket refunded automatically, Rapid emailed me this morning and my hotel had a cancellation clause. Cancelled the airport parking and just need the airline to refund now which always takes ages.

Real shame, was looking forward to it but good news is that the ban we have made no difference ! :lol:

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:28 am
What a shame, without restaurants,quaint inns or Hotels available,makes the trip unnecessary now.

The infection rate is no worse than in England. Percentage wise our daily death totals,hospitalisations are on about a par. And nobody bats an eye here.

Well off on that one - 1000 per 100,000 in Austria and 395 per 100,000 in UK - Austria's current outbreak is 150% worse than the UK and getting worse every day

One of the lowest vaccine rates in Europe is fucking with them

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:34 am
Yep. Got my corporate ticket refunded automatically, Rapid emailed me this morning and my hotel had a cancellation clause. Cancelled the airport parking and just need the airline to refund now which always takes ages.

Real shame, was looking forward to it but good news is that the ban we have made no difference ! :lol:
Nice one.

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:53 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:28 am

Well off on that one - 1000 per 100,000 in Austria and 395 per 100,000 in UK - Austria's current outbreak is 150% worse than the UK and getting worse every day

One of the lowest vaccine rates in Europe is fucking with them
Thats exactly it. They have made vaccination mandatory now which is sure to trigger loads of people but they have the highest Covid rates and the lowest vaccination rate so its fairly evident what is happening there and why. In the cold light of day it is actually not a bad thing we are not going given their high rates.

Also Germany has a poor vaccination rate and their numbers are spiking badly as well at present.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I was booked with Austrian Airlines and they have replied to an e mail I sent this morning saying my Amex charge will be refunded within 14 days which is pretty impressive. And as you've implied, very unusual. Teutonic efficiency at work. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:25 pm

I was booked with Austrian Airlines and they have replied to an e mail I sent this morning saying my Amex charge will be refunded within 14 days which is pretty impressive. And as you've implied, very unusual. Teutonic efficiency at work. :lol:
I got the same response this afternoon. I was also using Austrian Airlines.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:25 pm

I got the same response this afternoon. I was also using Austrian Airlines.
I guess we can both pat ourselves on the back for not booking with Ryanair. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

Without sounding like a prat, I am sort of happy that covid has struck Austria to the extent our fans cannot travel. Even if they wanted to, they will definitely not get in and of course there will be no hospitality open.
I just had this feeling that we would of got more fines and a ban for more games.

I'm starting to sound like an old fucker, wait....I am an old fucker :shock:

It's a shame for all the great West ham fans who go home and away (as I did through out the 80"s) but the good news is we should be in the knockout stage next year.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"