West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:28 pm

I got the same response this afternoon. I was also using Austrian Airlines.
I guess we can both pat ourselves on the back for not booking with Ryanair. ;)
To be honest, My flight was only €118 inclusive of tax so it was a bargain anyway (I booked when we beat Zagreb) and I was impressed that Austrian provided a form I could fill in to get the refund before I even logged on and then responded within 4-5 hours. I work for a German company and it is not always that easy to work with them.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:10 am Without sounding like a prat, I am sort of happy that covid has struck Austria to the extent our fans cannot travel. Even if they wanted to, they will definitely not get in and of course there will be no hospitality open.
I just had this feeling that we would of got more fines and a ban for more games.

I'm starting to sound like an old fucker, wait....I am an old fucker :shock:

It's a shame for all the great West ham fans who go home and away (as I did through out the 80"s) but the good news is we should be in the knockout stage next year.
Problem is mate, as always, when a large number of people travel there is invariably a small section of low life who attach themselves to it. It's why a lot of people back in the 90s stopped travelling to watch England matches imo. Back then everyone who followed the national side was assumed to be just out for causing some grief. Unfair, but inevitable unfortunately.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:25 pm

I was booked with Austrian Airlines and they have replied to an e mail I sent this morning saying my Amex charge will be refunded within 14 days which is pretty impressive. And as you've implied, very unusual. Teutonic efficiency at work. :lol:
Sport Options - UK company. Charter flight from Stansted. Refund in 3 days. We can also do it in the UK.

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am

Sport Options - UK company. Charter flight from Stansted. Refund in 3 days. We can also do it in the UK.
Good to hear