Daniel Kretinsky

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Daniel Kretinsky

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:43 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:04 pm Just seen that Sullivan Jr and Golds' son-in-law have been appointed directors of the club. That doesn't smack of them fucking off anytime soon does it?
No it doesn't. But try telling that to the you tube rumour mill brigade, many of whom are speculating about huge transfer dealings in the coming window.

And in Gold's case it might not be him who decides when he fucks off. He's in his eighties and Mother Nature might have a say in his departure date. ;)
I also keep seeing these frenzied videos claiming we are going to spend huge in the transfer window. The hosts of this site for one. It is most unlikely since

1) January is not a great time to spend huge wads as any decent player playing in Europe will not be viable. It is a window for those panicking
2) The money is mostly used to clear some of the debt and a chunk of it is being used on staff and infrastructure

Thankfully noone has said we are going to spend big but if there was ever an example of how fans get whipped up into a frenzy it is this. Has no one learnt anything from when we moved into this stadium.
I expect little to change. We already have a pretty high net spend from the summer (4th highest) and I would think maybe a striker and a CB on loan will be it.

As I said on a previous post, it is a good bit of news but I dont think it will change the basic dynamic of the project Moyes has started and he is slowly and steadily growing the club his way. I may be wrong but that is how I see it.

And to all those making videos, stop being so fucking obsessed with Rice's contract and let him be. FFS he will decide what is best for him not because there is a video a day trying to second guess him. You throw enough darts, you will hit a target so you can say I told you so next year but it whips the fans into a frenzy so when he leaves I suspect we will have marches again.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:35 pm

No it doesn't. But try telling that to the you tube rumour mill brigade, many of whom are speculating about huge transfer dealings in the coming window.

And in Gold's case it might not be him who decides when he fucks off. He's in his eighties and Mother Nature might have a say in his departure date. ;)
I also keep seeing these frenzied videos claiming we are going to spend huge in the transfer window. The hosts of this site for one. It is most unlikely since

1) January is not a great time to spend huge wads as any decent player playing in Europe will not be viable. It is a window for those panicking
2) The money is mostly used to clear some of the debt and a chunk of it is being used on staff and infrastructure

Thankfully noone has said we are going to spend big but if there was ever an example of how fans get whipped up into a frenzy it is this. Has no one learnt anything from when we moved into this stadium.
I expect little to change. We already have a pretty high net spend from the summer (4th highest) and I would think maybe a striker and a CB on loan will be it.

As I said on a previous post, it is a good bit of news but I dont think it will change the basic dynamic of the project Moyes has started and he is slowly and steadily growing the club his way. I may be wrong but that is how I see it.

And to all those making videos, stop being so fucking obsessed with Rice's contract and let him be. FFS he will decide what is best for him not because there is a video a day trying to second guess him. You throw enough darts, you will hit a target so you can say I told you so next year but it whips the fans into a frenzy so when he leaves I suspect we will have marches again.
I pretty much agree with that. I expect us to bring someone, or maybe a couple of someone's , in in January IF they meet the Moyes criteria, which appears to be twofold. They need to be players who, in his opinion, will improve the squad significantly but they also need to be good team players who will not upset the general good feeling in the squad which has been developed since Moyes' return.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Agree with nearly all that you say except , as I mentioned on the Rice thread , if our progress continues, his imminent departure may not be the certainty it seemed a few months ago 🤞🏻.

I think the assumption that we are going to do a Viv Nicholson in January is wishful thinking .
Firstly I can’t see The Kretin’s investment being substantial enough to influence our transfer budget significantly.

After all he’s hardly an Arab prince or similar ,

We hardly ever buy anybody in that window unless in imminent danger of relegation .
However . There was a good argument that significant investment in the correct areas, not only last season but in 2016 as well , may well of achieved a top 4 finish and I’m inclined to agree with that .

It would be a shame to miss out yet again .

It’s my opinion that if the ‘right’ striker is either out of our price range or once again ‘unavailable’ (for the 4th window in a row) then he’s never going to be .

…and a left back of course :D
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Desperately need a back up striker we can use in cup games to cut his teeth.....I would like young Fábio Carvalho from Fulham if we get rid of Yarmy ....out of contract at the end of season can play on both wings and through the centre.....and cheap

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:21 pm Desperately need a back up striker we can use in cup games to cut his teeth.....I would like young Fábio Carvalho from Fulham if we get rid of Yarmy ....out of contract at the end of season can play on both wings and through the centre.....and cheap
Andy , I totally agree , he's one for the future , got to be a better acquisition then Lingard . As for a striker , would love to see us go get either the German lad Karim Adeyemi . Still think we need a LB , as we do not have any cover for Cresswell , as for Oggy and his injury we still have Diop/ Dawson , now would be a great time to bring Alese through .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:39 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:21 pm Desperately need a back up striker we can use in cup games to cut his teeth.....I would like young Fábio Carvalho from Fulham if we get rid of Yarmy ....out of contract at the end of season can play on both wings and through the centre.....and cheap
Andy , I totally agree , he's one for the future , got to be a better acquisition then Lingard . As for a striker , would love to see us go get either the German lad Karim Adeyemi . Still think we need a LB , as we do not have any cover for Cresswell , as for Oggy and his injury we still have Diop/ Dawson , now would be a great time to bring Alese through .
Isn’t he suspended. ? We can’t afford any points deductions you know. ;) :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

A deal looks done .................. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -takeover/

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:18 pm Is he allowed to be an owner/ part owner of 2 clubs? Us now being a regular in european competitions, ;) , being drawn against Sparta would mean he'd have to buy a half and half scarf.
Thats a very good question, Tas. Might be ok for now but if he gets more ownership looks like uefa are looking to ban either club from competing. You might be living at the bottom of the world, some call it God's country, but you picked this conundrum. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

h69

Post by h69 »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:17 am
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:18 pm Is he allowed to be an owner/ part owner of 2 clubs? Us now being a regular in european competitions, ;) , being drawn against Sparta would mean he'd have to buy a half and half scarf.
Thats a very good question, Tas. Might be ok for now but if he gets more ownership looks like uefa are looking to ban either club from competing. You might be living at the bottom of the world, some call it God's country, but you picked this conundrum. :D :D
Who are these 'some' that call it God's country and when do they get released ?

:lol:

In answer to your question, the same would apply to Usmanov who has a large share in Everton and Arsenal should they both qualify.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Daniel joins the West Ham family

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... caton-fund

Snoddy’s also been doing some good stuff by all accounts , making some memories for little Isla .

Good on all who have helped .
Bring back Jonathon !