Daniel Kretinsky

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Daniel Kretinsky

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:42 am
Rick_Deckard wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:09 am Whoever buys or sells whatever and whatever the arrangements/ and setup of any "deals", certain people will make a load of dosh...they dont do this to lose money.
The lawyers etc will advise how to skirt any barriers etc, overcome any PL/FA rules etc.....
The primary objective is to make as much money as possible anyway they can, football is secondary to these people
Absolutely correct. People don't invest in businesses for fun. They do it to make money, and hopefully lots of it. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take a sharp reality check.

I exclude Sullivan and Gold from that of course because they bought West Ham because they bought the club because they love it and any profit they may eventually finish up with is completely secondary. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes diehard supporters ,don’t know if he mentioned it but oldie Goldie used to bunk in the ground in his youth (the little fourby was too fucking tight to pay)
The Taffy pimp followed suit when taking over the Upton lane wank mag shop.

h69

Post by h69 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:09 am Whoever buys or sells whatever and whatever the arrangements/ and setup of any "deals", certain people will make a load of dosh...they dont do this to lose money.
The lawyers etc will advise how to skirt any barriers etc, overcome any PL/FA rules etc.....
The primary objective is to make as much money as possible anyway they can, football is secondary to these people
Of course and that has always been the same. I dont think Cearns or Brown were in it only for the football either. Smaller amounts but same result.

To be honest I have never understood it when fans (Not just ours but all footy fans) shout 'The owners are in it for the money'. Well of course they are FFS No one buys a business not to make money. Good luck to anyone who owns their own business.

palerider

Post by palerider »

If the owners make a profit so what ? But it's the way Statler and Waldorf have gone about their business that's pissed off fans. The promises, the lies. The lack of transparency.

Of course with the results since Project Restart it's on the back burner but it won't be forgotten.

And if it means Pork and Dumplng stalls replacing the burger vans with the team waltzing out to the Blue Danube I'm all for it.

And yes, I know it was written by Strauss who was Austrian you pedantic cunts.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

If this does go ahead we might see a bit less of Hammers United - I notice the Gonz hasn't invited them on for a chat now that his subscription numbers have beefed up nicely :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:10 pm If this does go ahead we might see a bit less of Hammers United - I notice the Gonz hasn't invited them on for a chat now that his subscription numbers have beefed up nicely :lol:
Who ?

:twisted:
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

<<Spoiler Alert>> No, it's not a Hammers United interview...

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Is he allowed to be an owner/ part owner of 2 clubs? Us now being a regular in european competitions, ;) , being drawn against Sparta would mean he'd have to buy a half and half scarf.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:18 pm Is he allowed to be an owner/ part owner of 2 clubs? Us now being a regular in european competitions, ;) , being drawn against Sparta would mean he'd have to buy a half and half scarf.
Gino Pozzo owns Watford, Udinese in Italy and Granada in Spain so no issues there I think.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:49 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:18 pm Is he allowed to be an owner/ part owner of 2 clubs? Us now being a regular in european competitions, ;) , being drawn against Sparta would mean he'd have to buy a half and half scarf.
Gino Pozzo owns Watford, Udinese in Italy and Granada in Spain so no issues there I think.
And Man City's owners have majority share control over NY City FC in the MLS and Melbourne City FC in the Australian A-league

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:46 pm If the owners make a profit so what ? But it's the way Statler and Waldorf have gone about their business that's pissed off fans. The promises, the lies. The lack of transparency.

Of course with the results since Project Restart it's on the back burner but it won't be forgotten.

And if it means Pork and Dumplng stalls replacing the burger vans with the team waltzing out to the Blue Danube I'm all for it.

And yes, I know it was written by Strauss who was Austrian you pedantic cunts.
Yes. They should not have said Champions League in 5 years, they should have said 6th and Europa League in 6 years.