Aston Villa vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Aston Villa vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

What a night against Man City and with 8 of our first-team not playing, including Rice, managed to dump Man City out who had 7 of their top players including Sterling and De Bruyne. Away to Villa is a tough place to go as they had good players in McGinn and Watkins. On the plus side West Ham don't have any players injured and with Coufal back, we are stronger than ever. Question is, does Moyes stick with Johnson or draft back Coufal. Coufal could play to rest Johnson for the Europa as Johnson will replace Cresswell against Genk with Fredericks draft in RB which make more sense.

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson (whatever Moyes decide)
Zouma
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

Hope Antoino will keep his rich vein of goals continuing and hope to have a good game. At least it will be on Sunday afternoon to give us a big of a leeway in our crowded fixture congestions.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Villa seem to like scoring and leaking goals. I would normally say both teams to score at least but our defence is so tight at the minute. We’ll have to concede sooner or later I suppose but I hope it’s later. With that in mind and with a few fresh legs after their rest yesterday, I will go for a 0-1 or 0-2 victory for us.

Although in the prediction league I said 1-3 to us so ignore me coz I ain’t got a scooby :lol:
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs 👍
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

this traditionally is exactly the type of game we come unstuck, if on a good run and expected to win.
Like Villas front men (would take watkins all day) , strangely i'd like to protect antonio so he doesnt get clattered and miss. Liverpool/city matches where i think he would be vital.
Would like to see him on the bench and and only used if required. This is the problem with having only one out and out forward, albeit we did it in midweek.
luckily im not paid to pick the team as id still be agonising about it at 4.15pm on sunday :D

I said on another thread i feel the mark of a top 4-6 team is to win these games against teams that aren't quite firing or are relegation fodder, all the big boys do it.... and im still struggling with us being this fuckin successful ...it goes against 50 yrs of supporting whu. :D

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

I cycle twice a week with a female whos son plays for Man Citeh (son was on the bench the other night and she was there), anyway she was saying earlier today when we were out her son was saying that WHU are now considered serious top 6 contenders, but until very recently we have been considered a joke by most other clubs, no shit !...but Citeh were the other night to quote "truly shocked" how much weve changed and couldnt believe we dumped them from the cup. They never thought for a minute it would go to pens.
Her son also said Citeh thought the game was just turn up and its "in the bag"- and he expected to come on when Citeh hoped to be 3 up !!!...dream on. Apparently her son was quite despondent after the game...oh dear, 'ow sad. never mind
Sides like Vile should not be a problem , and if they have the same attitude as Citeh etc have had then they will learn the hard way that we 'aint the whipping boys of old !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:05 pm I cycle twice a week with a female whos son plays for Man Citeh (son was on the bench the other night and she was there), anyway she was saying earlier today when we were out her son was saying that WHU are now considered serious top 6 contenders, but until very recently we have been considered a joke by most other clubs, no shit !...but Citeh were the other night to quote "truly shocked" how much weve changed and couldnt believe we dumped them from the cup. They never thought for a minute it would go to pens.
Her son also said Citeh thought the game was just turn up and its "in the bag"- and he expected to come on when Citeh hoped to be 3 up !!!...dream on. Apparently her son was quite despondent after the game...oh dear, 'ow sad. never mind
Sides like Vile should not be a problem , and if they have the same attitude as Citeh etc have had then they will learn the hard way that we 'aint the whipping boys of old !
I wondering if your cycling days with that female are over now? :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Happy with the squad and no complaint. Johnson is fast becoming permanent player.

Good luck today and hope to keep our form going.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Good to see Johnson keeping his place imo. Well deserved.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

They have no Ings or Mings(bench).

Though that Bailey looks some player, Need to watch him.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.