West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:57 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:55 pm And lets give credit to both teams - a hard fair fought contest with no bookings,cynical fouls or attempts at cheating - quite refreshing and a credit to all that took part - well done
I noticed that. It was a clean game and played in an excellent manner typified by Fernandinho giving Lanzini a hug while there was a break in play.

Comes from the coaches...Pep was very gracious and gushing about our team after as well, counter that with Solskjaer in the last round who kept banging on about a pen they should have had while conveniently forgetting Matic should have seen red for crippling Coufal, or Nuno who was deluded as he thought they were better than us because they can pass the ball sideways.

Credit to Moyes as he went for it in the last 30 mins and put our first choice front three on. Had Thomas had a bit of composure we would have won it in 90 mins
Kyle Walker said some really nice things too on Twatter.

Fair play to him and them. Despite their wealth they wear it well.

h69

Post by h69 »

They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

As for Virgil van Dawson ..........
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 11.08.02.png
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 11.08.02.png (69.73 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:13 am They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:55 pm And lets give credit to both teams - a hard fair fought contest with no bookings,cynical fouls or attempts at cheating - quite refreshing and a credit to all that took part - well done
I noticed that. It was a clean game and played in an excellent manner typified by Fernandinho giving Lanzini a hug while there was a break in play.

Comes from the coaches...Pep was very gracious and gushing about our team after as well, counter that with Solskjaer in the last round who kept banging on about a pen they should have had while conveniently forgetting Matic should have seen red for crippling Coufal, or Nuno who was deluded as he thought they were better than us because they can pass the ball sideways.

Credit to Moyes as he went for it in the last 30 mins and put our first choice front three on. Had Thomas had a bit of composure we would have won it in 90 mins
Very gracious indeed, like you say compare that to that sniveling little weasel sulkslap. I hope they give Man Utd a fucking good hiding when they play them in a fortnight's time.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Pep and most of his players, carry the,selves well. They got beat, congratulated us and that was it. If it is was Klopp and the thieves, the cunts would already had Geldof writing a tune

Reporter to Pep "Did you think your run in this cup would ever end"

Stupid cunt of a question
Covid in the Boardroom

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:13 am They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.
I agree 100%

h69

Post by h69 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Very gracious indeed, like you say compare that to that sniveling little weasel sulkslap. I hope they give Man Utd a fucking good hiding when they play them in a fortnight's time.
'Sulkslap' :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 pm

I agree 100%
Me too
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If anyone seriously needs an example of how transfer values have become some ridiculously skewed they need only look at what we paid for Dawson and the Mancs paid for Maguire. Seriously given the choice between the two I'd go for Dawson every time. Reason ? He knows his limitations and isn't up his own fucking arse. Dawson has a limited skillset, but he knows it. Maguire also has a limited skillset but believes that because some silly cunt wrote a cheque for £80 million to secure his services he is god's gift.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I really like Dawson and I think most of our fans do. Reminds me a bit of Ginger Pele, we know he's not Maldini, but he puts in 110%, his body on the line and that effort more than compensates for any lack of ability and that's what we want and love.