West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Can we make 4 wins in a row? Is it about time we have to beat Man City since last home win against them was in Oct 2014 under BFS. Can we rest our players from today match against Totspuds? We know that Coufal is still not quite ready yet but could return against Villa and Kral is recovering from Covid-19 so he won't feature and we need Rice and Soucek to rest so likely Soucek to be replace by Noble. Cressie and Bowen need a rest as well so the line-up is quite confusing and all depend on players match fitness. Can we give Masuaku a run of games?

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Benrahma
Lanzini
Masuaku

Vlasic

The line-up won't be clear who playing as Moyes will decide in last minutes depending which players are still not tired-out. Man City may also put lesser players I do hope West Ham cruise but Man City are way ahead of us but cup game is a different matter.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Decent line up there. But I'd leave out Rice, don't want to risk him in a Mickey Mouse cup game imo. Not sure if Kral will be available, but if he isn't why not throw the kid, Chesters, in ? Give him a full 90 against City Reserves, which will still be a bloody good line up, and see how he copes.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:42 am Can we make 4 wins in a row? Is it about time we have to beat Man City since last home win against them was in Oct 2014 under BFS. Can we rest our players from today match against Totspuds? We know that Coufal is still not quite ready yet but could return against Villa and Kral is recovering from Covid-19 so he won't feature and we need Rice and Soucek to rest so likely Soucek to be replace by Noble. Cressie and Bowen need a rest as well so the line-up is quite confusing and all depend on players match fitness. Can we give Masuaku a run of games?

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Benrahma
Lanzini
Masuaku

Vlasic

The line-up won't be clear who playing as Moyes will decide in last minutes depending which players are still not tired-out. Man City may also put lesser players I do hope West Ham cruise but Man City are way ahead of us but cup game is a different matter.

Lanzini in the Rice role. He was excellent there at Burnley last season with Yarmalenko coming in but I don't hold out much hope tbh.

Towie

Post by Towie »

It a giveaway for Moyes.
So let’s do a Spuds (without the losing part) and completely rest the first 11.

Aerola
Fredericks
Diop
Dawson
Longelo
Lanzini
Noble
Yarmalenko
Vlasic
Masuaku
Oxoflex
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:42 am Can we make 4 wins in a row? Is it about time we have to beat Man City since last home win against them was in Oct 2014 under BFS. Can we rest our players from today match against Totspuds? We know that Coufal is still not quite ready yet but could return against Villa and Kral is recovering from Covid-19 so he won't feature and we need Rice and Soucek to rest so likely Soucek to be replace by Noble. Cressie and Bowen need a rest as well so the line-up is quite confusing and all depend on players match fitness. Can we give Masuaku a run of games?

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Benrahma
Lanzini
Masuaku

Vlasic

I would leave out Rice and play Kral if he has finished isolating and I would leave out Johnson and play Fredericks. Id also play Okoflex on the wing instead of Benrahma.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:21 am

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Benrahma
Lanzini
Masuaku

Vlasic

I would leave out Rice and play Kral if he has finished isolating and I would leave out Johnson and play Fredericks. Id also play Okoflex on the wing instead of Benrahma.
It would be a good opportunity to see what Okoflex can do against proper opposition. City's second string is stronger than many first team line ups so would be a good test. I agree Kral should play if he's available, but if not why not see what young Chesters can do and give him some decent pitch time to follow on from his cameo against Genk. ?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rice needs a rest.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:52 am Decent line up there. But I'd leave out Rice, don't want to risk him in a Mickey Mouse cup game imo. Not sure if Kral will be available, but if he isn't why not throw the kid, Chesters, in ? Give him a full 90 against City Reserves, which will still be a bloody good line up, and see how he copes.
Should have kept Conor Coventry to play DM with Noble rather than loan him out. Big mistake. Hope Chester can start and Rice or Soucek to come in 2nd half.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:58 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:52 am Decent line up there. But I'd leave out Rice, don't want to risk him in a Mickey Mouse cup game imo. Not sure if Kral will be available, but if he isn't why not throw the kid, Chesters, in ? Give him a full 90 against City Reserves, which will still be a bloody good line up, and see how he copes.
Should have kept Conor Coventry to play DM with Noble rather than loan him out. Big mistake. Hope Chester can start and Rice or Soucek to come in 2nd half.
I was impressed with Coventry in the PSFs but he's out on loan at Peterborough, who appear to be pretty crap, and he can't get a starting place in their team it seems. Maybe the club thought Chesters was the most likely option which is why they sent Coventry out on loan. The experience will do him good.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 am

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Benrahma
Lanzini
Masuaku

Vlasic

Lanzini in the Rice role. He was excellent there at Burnley last season with Yarmalenko coming in but I don't hold out much hope tbh.
I just forgotten about Yarmolenko so you are correct as Lanzini will partners Noble in DM with Vlasic, Masuaku and Benrahma behind Yarmolenko. We need to rest Rice and Soucek which is important.