West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

And lets give credit to both teams - a hard fair fought contest with no bookings,cynical fouls or attempts at cheating - quite refreshing and a credit to all that took part - well done

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Towie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:19 pm

West Ham will beat Man City 5-0.

Expected the Unexpected result tonight, I hope :lol:

I will have some of what you drinking.😂

I expect heavy defeat, but looking forward to watching Citeh play,
I almost got my prediction correct, as it is West Ham 5-3 Man City on penalties..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Well done West Ham, brilliant to get through and hope to get another home tie against whomever it will be on Saturday morning.

Hat off to Moyes, excellent tactics and good players that came in to do the hardest job. West Ham strength in depth are getting better as training coaches MADE the difference and brought all 25 players to the SAME LEVEL.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Can I just mention that Jon Moss is an absolute cunt of a referee, and his two assistants weren't much better!

Great win and well deserved, we were by far the better team 2nd half and they brought on more 1st choice players to have 8 of them finishing the game but still couldn't match us.

Dawson and Diop were immense, but MOTM for me was Areola, not for the saves but his all round handling and distribution

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 am Can I just mention that Jon Moss is an absolute cunt of a referee, and his two assistants weren't much better!

Great win and well deserved, we were by far the better team 2nd half and they brought on more 1st choice players to have 8 of them finishing the game but still couldn't match us.

Dawson and Diop were immense, but MOTM for me was Areola, not for the saves but his all round handling and distribution
His distribution is noticeably superior to Fabianski. Even in his prime Fabianski's distribution left a lot to be desired.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 am Can I just mention that Jon Moss is an absolute cunt of a referee, and his two assistants weren't much better!

Jon Moss ? That is a given, although I didn't think his performance tonight was too bad. It was a typical domestic cup tie imo. Didn't take too much refereeing because no one was flying into the sort of tackles we usually see in PL games.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Jon Moss....... wasn't he the drummer in Culture Club......were they doing a turn at halftime..?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Is it too much to hope for a home tie against Sunderland!?! :lol:
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Flairon wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:46 am Is it too much to hope for a home tie against Sunderland!?! :lol:
I'm afraid that's reserved for Arsenal, who automatically get a home draw in every round.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:14 pm I'm currently balls deep in a fox, I caught earlier.

Well done boys, I'm so proud of you.

Come here you furry Vixen!!!!
One of the finer delights of winning my learned friend. Myself, I was in the local farmyard listening to the shoot-out on my phone while selecting which of the beauties would be the lucky recipient.

I do think Foden's effort should have been re-taken though as Grealish was clearly fouled as he struck it.