West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
palerider
Posts: 12593
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 549
x 1343

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:57 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:55 pm And lets give credit to both teams - a hard fair fought contest with no bookings,cynical fouls or attempts at cheating - quite refreshing and a credit to all that took part - well done
I noticed that. It was a clean game and played in an excellent manner typified by Fernandinho giving Lanzini a hug while there was a break in play.

Comes from the coaches...Pep was very gracious and gushing about our team after as well, counter that with Solskjaer in the last round who kept banging on about a pen they should have had while conveniently forgetting Matic should have seen red for crippling Coufal, or Nuno who was deluded as he thought they were better than us because they can pass the ball sideways.

Credit to Moyes as he went for it in the last 30 mins and put our first choice front three on. Had Thomas had a bit of composure we would have won it in 90 mins
Kyle Walker said some really nice things too on Twatter.

Fair play to him and them. Despite their wealth they wear it well.
You ain't seen me............roight ?

User avatar
h69
Posts: 5602
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 800
x 542

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

As for Virgil van Dawson ..........
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 11.08.02.png
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 11.08.02.png (69.73 KiB) Viewed 213 times

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 7701
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 1164
x 977

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:13 am They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

As for Virgil van Dawson ..........
I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 8561
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 795
x 1297

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:57 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:55 pm And lets give credit to both teams - a hard fair fought contest with no bookings,cynical fouls or attempts at cheating - quite refreshing and a credit to all that took part - well done
I noticed that. It was a clean game and played in an excellent manner typified by Fernandinho giving Lanzini a hug while there was a break in play.

Comes from the coaches...Pep was very gracious and gushing about our team after as well, counter that with Solskjaer in the last round who kept banging on about a pen they should have had while conveniently forgetting Matic should have seen red for crippling Coufal, or Nuno who was deluded as he thought they were better than us because they can pass the ball sideways.

Credit to Moyes as he went for it in the last 30 mins and put our first choice front three on. Had Thomas had a bit of composure we would have won it in 90 mins
Very gracious indeed, like you say compare that to that sniveling little weasel sulkslap. I hope they give Man Utd a fucking good hiding when they play them in a fortnight's time.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 1
x 247

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by jameskel »

Pep and most of his players, carry the,selves well. They got beat, congratulated us and that was it. If it is was Klopp and the thieves, the cunts would already had Geldof writing a tune

Reporter to Pep "Did you think your run in this cup would ever end"

Stupid cunt of a question
Covid in the Boardroom

User avatar
h69
Posts: 5602
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 800
x 542

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:13 am They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

As for Virgil van Dawson ..........
I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.
I agree 100%

User avatar
h69
Posts: 5602
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 800
x 542

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:32 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:57 am

I noticed that. It was a clean game and played in an excellent manner typified by Fernandinho giving Lanzini a hug while there was a break in play.

Comes from the coaches...Pep was very gracious and gushing about our team after as well, counter that with Solskjaer in the last round who kept banging on about a pen they should have had while conveniently forgetting Matic should have seen red for crippling Coufal, or Nuno who was deluded as he thought they were better than us because they can pass the ball sideways.

Credit to Moyes as he went for it in the last 30 mins and put our first choice front three on. Had Thomas had a bit of composure we would have won it in 90 mins
Very gracious indeed, like you say compare that to that sniveling little weasel sulkslap. I hope they give Man Utd a fucking good hiding when they play them in a fortnight's time.
'Sulkslap' :lol:

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 15337
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 910
x 1406

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm
I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.
I agree 100%
Me too
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 14668
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 204
x 1039

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:13 am They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

As for Virgil van Dawson ..........
I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.
If anyone seriously needs an example of how transfer values have become some ridiculously skewed they need only look at what we paid for Dawson and the Mancs paid for Maguire. Seriously given the choice between the two I'd go for Dawson every time. Reason ? He knows his limitations and isn't up his own fucking arse. Dawson has a limited skillset, but he knows it. Maguire also has a limited skillset but believes that because some silly cunt wrote a cheque for £80 million to secure his services he is god's gift.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC
x 2
x 155

Re: West Ham vs Man City League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by BCHammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:13 am They do though that was not the player 'Kyle Walker'. They are going all in on Sterling though looking at their forum and one poster reckons they would be lucky to get £5.

As for Virgil van Dawson ..........
I understand the sentiment but I thought Dawson would score. He is one of my favourite players because he really does try to be the best he can be.That is so admirable. We could be critical and he is limited, but he knows and accepts that,but still strives to be as good as his ability allows.

I imagine Virgil van Dawson is very much admired collectively in-house. If Harry Maguire could bring the same discipline to his game every game, then he would be the £80M player they bought him to be.
I really like Dawson and I think most of our fans do. Reminds me a bit of Ginger Pele, we know he's not Maldini, but he puts in 110%, his body on the line and that effort more than compensates for any lack of ability and that's what we want and love.

Post Reply