West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:41 pm Not very good are they Tottenham
No they're not but they should just about avoid relegation.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm Silly twat :lol:
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... o-west-ham
The two good chances that Tottenham made were saved well by Fabianski, meaning he (West Ham) were equal to the challenge that Tottenham offered.

Antonio's good connection and subsequent goal from Cresswell's excellent delivery, was right under the nose of Harry Kane,who made no effort to stop it.

How do those key events make Tottenham the better team ? So they had a few periods,in both halfs where they kept possession and moved the ball around in front of the West Ham defence. Exellent,award yourself an opta possession stat for that.

But don't pretend you nearly won a football match when the available evidence shows you didn't. And don't pretend Harry Kane is very happy with your management methods when he clearly isn't.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

He's fucking deluded. Better team with zero shots on target second half :?:

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:30 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm Silly twat :lol:
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... o-west-ham
The two good chances that Tottenham made were saved well by Fabianski, meaning he (West Ham) were equal to the challenge that Tottenham offered.

Antonio's good connection and subsequent goal from Cresswell's excellent delivery, was right under the nose of Harry Kane,who made no effort to stop it.

How do those key events make Tottenham the better team ? So they had a few periods,in both halfs where they kept possession and moved the ball around in front of the West Ham defence. Exellent,award yourself an opta possession stat for that.

But don't pretend you nearly won a football match when the available evidence shows you didn't. And don't pretend Harry Kane is very happy with your management methods when he clearly isn't.
Bad positioning for Kane with regards our goal. Firstly, why was it him marking arguably our biggest threat in the goalmouth. And secondly he found himself in a similar position I believe for England not so long ago and fluffed his lines back then too.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Nuno says the filthy hook-nosed oxygen thieves were the better side. The vermin didn't have a single effort in the 2nd half.

It's not taken long for him to become another deluded cunt.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 pm Excellent hard fought win. Antonio so crucial. Tottenham were a stiff test but I can't believe what a weak footballer Harry Kane has become. One nice cutback pass in the game. That's all he offered. £100M ?

Top marks Zouma,Ogbonna,Fabianski,Cresswell,Johnson,Rice,Bowen,Antonio

Credits Soucek,Fornals

Must do better Benrahma
Antonio would be some player if his decision making was better. But then I guess he wouldn’t be playing for us. A good few decent performances today. For me the standout was Rice but I’d give a special mention to Johnson. Coufal will obviously come back in when fit but Johnson has stood in well for him.
If Johnson works on his final ball when going forward and improves that then we have a player on our hands. They tried to target him early on but he stopped most going past him. He just needs a bit more confidence and a better cross and he will be a superb player.

I thought Zouma was superb today, the man is a brick wall and I think when Dawson came on he looked very cultured but then again, Spurs were completely one dimensional and seemed to have trained on a pitch 5 times the size as their long passes seemed to go out of play every time.

And Cresswell can take a corner. What a great delivery

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:18 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Antonio would be some player if his decision making was better. But then I guess he wouldn’t be playing for us. A good few decent performances today. For me the standout was Rice but I’d give a special mention to Johnson. Coufal will obviously come back in when fit but Johnson has stood in well for him.
If Johnson works on his final ball when going forward and improves that then we have a player on our hands. They tried to target him early on but he stopped most going past him. He just needs a bit more confidence and a better cross and he will be a superb player.

I thought Zouma was superb today, the man is a brick wall and I think when Dawson came on he looked very cultured but then again, Spurs were completely one dimensional and seemed to have trained on a pitch 5 times the size as their long passes seemed to go out of play every time.

And Cresswell can take a corner. What a great delivery
Agreed.. Johnson does need to work on his finally delivery. But as you say defensively he was more than capable and did everything asked of him. Zouma, and indeed Ogbonna, were also very solid with the result that Kane was by and large anonymous yesterday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I think Kane was having difficulties due to his inability to get his chin off the ground. Even Haller looked happier than him . Think Soufgate ort to remind Kane that form counts. Come to think about it I think he needs to remind himself also.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

think our last 2 prem games have been a defining moment, Everton away has never been a happy hunting ground and to get the result against a decent spuds and defend well protecting leads in both has been such a change from past hammers teams.

Top 4-6 teams grind out wins like these (we had a fair few 1-0's last season as well) but the best of them also take no prisoners against bottom half teams. This for me is where a top 6 spot is earned.

If/when Rice naffs off no one could ever say he hasn't given his all, he was ...again .. immense yesterday. Benny Boy however, needs a rest and bring in Lanza or yarmo, thought he looked leggy from the off and once again his end result is quite poor. Love him as a player and have no doubt he will contribute but for me he seems more of a game changing sub then starter...at the moment anyway.

Moyes has built a special team, i hope he can find that missing link striker b4 we lose antonio.