West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:46 pm think our last 2 prem games have been a defining moment, Everton away has never been a happy hunting ground and to get the result against a decent spuds and defend well protecting leads in both has been such a change from past hammers teams.

Top 4-6 teams grind out wins like these (we had a fair few 1-0's last season as well) but the best of them also take no prisoners against bottom half teams. This for me is where a top 6 spot is earned.

If/when Rice naffs off no one could ever say he hasn't given his all, he was ...again .. immense yesterday. Benny Boy however, needs a rest and bring in Lanza or yarmo, thought he looked leggy from the off and once again his end result is quite poor. Love him as a player and have no doubt he will contribute but for me he seems more of a game changing sub then starter...at the moment anyway.

Moyes has built a special team, i hope he can find that missing link striker b4 we lose antonio.
I've always had reservations about Benrahma. There's no doubt he is a skilful little sod when he's on his game and has that special ability to leave a marker for dead with a quick turn of pace. But whereas Bowen and Fornals will give consistency behind Antonio Benrahma tends, at least imo, to be a bit hit and miss. Problem is of course is who do we replace him with ? Imo Lanzini isn't the answer and Vlasic is till settling in, so probably best to stick with Benrahma at the moment and hope the extended run he's getting in the team right now enables him to add a bit of consistency to his game.

And of course the striker situation needs to be sorted in January as you say. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if only we could have got that Broja kid on loan from Chjelsea before the Saints grabbed him. He is going to be some player imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?