West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am
h69 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:51 am

He is not suited to the fast pace and physicality of the Premier League. My impression of European football is it is much slower and you can barely touch a player.

Not his fault but just never going to work in the PL.
Fast pace and physicality of the premier league not so sure , in my book it was all about the managers and the squad we had , he just didn't fit the tactics , and lack of pace around him .

Moyes won't play players who don't run through brick walls for him. Haller didn't. End of.

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am
h69 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:51 am

He is not suited to the fast pace and physicality of the Premier League. My impression of European football is it is much slower and you can barely touch a player.

Not his fault but just never going to work in the PL.
Fast pace and physicality of the premier league not so sure , in my book it was all about the managers and the squad we had , he just didn't fit the tactics , and lack of pace around him .
I have to strongly disagree with that. Having a lamppost up front with the workrate of a traffic cone won't work in the premier league. Pace and power is what makes a successful PL striker in my opinion.

I believe Davy Klaessen and Dusan Tadic are also 'stars' at Ajax :lol:

As for the content of these vids. I now know why this forum exists :roll:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:11 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:33 pm
The HC youtube channel get topical and suggest David Moyes mistook a peregrine falcon for a common barn owl

Is this the same Hammers Chat channel that was calling Haller out as a failure while he was still on our books ? Can't be arsed to watch the vids so I will rely on your absolute integrity for an honest and frank response. ;)

And fuck knows why I've mentioned integrity and video blogs in the same sentence FFS. :lol:
There is an interesting phenomenon with these HC videos. And I only discovered it,by actually watching one. People don't actually expect me to personally view all content I fling at the board, do they ? I mean who puts themselves through that kind of pain.

However the chyron that is posted onto the HC caption might say something like "big mistake selling X" whereas the video content will be "complete failure by X to fit in with team patterns and rhythms" - which is a bit like putting a label on a packet of Frosted Wheats saying 'tastes like shit'. It's confusing for the customer plus misleading. However with the Frosted Wheat example you would say,they got that wrong - they're lovely...

So we don't want to see anymore of that anymore,do we...and that's rhetorical

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:11 am

Is this the same Hammers Chat channel that was calling Haller out as a failure while he was still on our books ? Can't be arsed to watch the vids so I will rely on your absolute integrity for an honest and frank response. ;)

And fuck knows why I've mentioned integrity and video blogs in the same sentence FFS. :lol:
There is an interesting phenomenon with these HC videos. And I only discovered it,by actually watching one. People don't actually expect me to personally view all content I fling at the board, do they ? I mean who puts themselves through that kind of pain.

However the chyron that is posted onto the HC caption might say something like "big mistake selling X" whereas the video content will be "complete failure by X to fit in with team patterns and rhythms" - which is a bit like putting a label on a packet of Frosted Wheats saying 'tastes like shit'. It's confusing for the customer plus misleading. However with the Frosted Wheat example you would say,they got that wrong - they're lovely...

Cant comment as I have not seen that one specifically but I know it is a common trait with YouTube videos that you post a contradictory and sometimes inflammatory title, put a question mark after it and have a still of the presenter either looking shocked or reacting in a negative way and you draw in people to watch a vid where you basically ask questions but provide no answers.

I would guess that most of the opinions are coming from us who are writing the scripts for them by posting here but I have not heard them so I cant be 100% sure.

Whatever turns people on I suppose. Tomorrow's video : 'West Ham fans go to war with YouTube'

I think that they should use Pale and BB to write a script for one of these vids. It would be far more entertaining. 'West Ham fans : immigrant cannibals and Coufal's new contract'

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:27 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Cant comment as I have not seen that one specifically but I know it is a common trait with YouTube videos that you post a contradictory and sometimes inflammatory title, put a question mark after it and have a still of the presenter either looking shocked or reacting in a negative way and you draw in people to watch a vid where you basically ask questions but provide no answers.

I would guess that most of the opinions are coming from us who are writing the scripts for them by posting here but I have not heard them so I cant be 100% sure.

Whatever turns people on I suppose. Tomorrow's video : 'West Ham fans go to war with YouTube'

I think that they should use Pale and BB to write a script for one of these vids. It would be far more entertaining. 'West Ham fans : immigrant cannibals and Coufal's new contract'
If they get ideas for their videos off of comments and opinions on this forum then my prick’s a Bloater :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Teams in, Kral nowhere near the squad again.
What's going on with him?.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 pm Teams in, Kral nowhere near the squad again.
Tested Positive for COVID.....

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 pm
Castiron wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 pm Teams in, Kral nowhere near the squad again.
Tested Positive for COVID.....
Thanks mate didn't know.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

And spuds resting all theirs for the weekend?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............