West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our superb display against Everton, hope some of our fringe player will be back but Kral will probably still isolating which is why I never like International matches as it is very disruptive. Hope Soucek will be okish and Fredericks to be match fit. I would love Rice to be rested but Kral isn't available so likely Rice will be started but hope Soucek will come 2nd half to give breathing space for Rice.

Areola

Fredericks
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Noble
Rice

Lanzini
Vlasic
Masuaku

Bowen (Antonio to come 2nd half)

Hope we will give a good game and keep our 100% winning record intact and to keep the numbskull quiet as don't want numbskull to annoy Terrya1965 :lol: :lol: :lol:

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

I think that line up could be fairly near the mark tbh. Although I would expect Yarmolenko to start ahead of Bowen. And apparently Noble is carrying some sort of injury, and with Kral having somehow caught the death plague that might cause a bit of an issue with the midfield formation if Mr West Ham doesn't recover in time. And it does make it likely that Rice will have to play with Soucek injured.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

I don’t think Fredericks is quite ready for 1st team action from what I’ve read. So expect Johnson to be back in the RB position.
If Noble has a knock as suggested maybe Lanzini might fill that gap next to Rice. Moyes has suggested that could be Lanzinis potential new position.

So maybe this….

Areola

Johnson
Dawson
Diop
Cresswell

Rice
Lanzini

Yarmalenko
Vlasic
Masuaku

Bowen
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 pm I think that line up could be fairly near the mark tbh. Although I would expect Yarmolenko to start ahead of Bowen. And apparently Noble is carrying some sort of injury, and with Kral having somehow caught the death plague that might cause a bit of an issue with the midfield formation if Mr West Ham doesn't recover in time. And it does make it likely that Rice will have to play with Soucek injured.
If Noble and Soucek as expected to be out for this Thursday match, then it is more likely to be Rice and Lanzini in DM and on front of them, Yarmolenko, Vlasic and Masaku and with Bowen up front but as it is quite confusing who playing what, it is all depend on stamina level. Will be more clearly by this Wednesday who is available.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

I wouldn't expect Antonio to start. He had a bruised foot from the Brentford game and had it trodden on again yesterday. He will rested for Spurs on Sunday.

As mentioned Noble, Coufal and Kral are injured or ill so unlikely to feature. I suspect Soucek will not feature either.

We should still be strong enough though

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’ve seen quite a bit of Jupiler league footy over the years and the overall standard is probably on a par with the French Ligue 1 if you discount PSG .

There wouldn’t be as much confidence flying around if we were about to play Marseilles or Monaco .

We should still win but we’ll need a stronger team than the one Ibby suggested imo .

By the way I watched Genk’s 3-0 defeat on Sunday night and they played their reserves pretty much .
This game is make or break for them .

And I think they’ll score .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

0-2

Moyes out.

Bilic out.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:42 am I’ve seen quite a bit of Jupiler league footy over the years and the overall standard is probably on a par with the French Ligue 1 if you discount PSG .

There wouldn’t be as much confidence flying around if we were about to play Marseilles or Monaco .

We should still win but we’ll need a stronger team than the one Ibby suggested imo .

By the way I watched Genk’s 3-0 defeat on Sunday night and they played their reserves pretty much .
This game is make or break for them .

And I think they’ll score .
I think I'm right in sating they were in the CL a season or two back. Not seen any Jupiler League games but Brugge look a decent outfit in the CL and have beaten Leipzig and drawn with PSG. Be interesting to see how they cope with Man City tonight.

As you say it's pretty much make or break for Genk on Thursday so I expect they will be a much more difficult nut to crack than Vienna who offered very little.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

We will win this one comfortably says the Gonz and what he doesn't know about other leagues...

Towie

Post by Towie »

We have lost both our league games after our Thurs night exploits.

I would rather beat Spuds, so 2nd string team for me.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.