Over Rated & Over Priced Players

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Over Rated & Over Priced Players

Post by Whiskyman »

I’m watching Leicester v Man U this afternoon and, once again imo, Harry Maguire is proving himself to be the undisputed king of the over rated.

Honestly, if given a straight choice of Dawson or that cunt it would be Dawson every time. Those who watch MOTD tonight watch out in particular for his first touch of the match, after a few seconds, and then his contribution to Tieleman’s goal.

£80 million FFS. :lol:

And Sancho isn’t looking like a vfm signing either tbh.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Re: Over Rated & Over Priced Players

Post by 9898 »

I told everyone Sancho was useless.
Vlasic and Zouma are right up there.
The worst signing/waste of money is Ronaldo. His current ability doesn't warrant the disruption to the team or the negative effect on the other players. Man Utd would do better without him.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 pm I’m watching Leicester v Man U this afternoon and, once again imo, Harry Maguire is proving himself to be the undisputed king of the over rated.

Honestly, if given a straight choice of Dawson or that cunt it would be Dawson every time. Those who watch MOTD tonight watch out in particular for his first touch of the match, after a few seconds, and then his contribution to Maddison’s goal.

£80M......my arse! Shit defender who we were once linked to get him and gladly did not though.

Sanchoz - £75M - my arse! Poor quality and he is not worth that fee!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 pm I’m watching Leicester v Man U this afternoon and, once again imo, Harry Maguire is proving himself to be the undisputed king of the over rated.

Honestly, if given a straight choice of Dawson or that cunt it would be Dawson every time. Those who watch MOTD tonight watch out in particular for his first touch of the match, after a few seconds, and then his contribution to Maddison’s goal.

£80M......my arse! Shit defender who we were once linked to get him and gladly did not though.

For the money we would have paid Hull for him , Maguire would have almost certainly been a good vfm signing .

And we know first hand that players from the Bundesliga don’t always adapt to the PL right away .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:29 pm

For the money we would have paid Hull for him , Maguire would have almost certainly been a good vfm signing .

And we know first hand that players from the Bundesliga don’t always adapt to the PL right away .
Imo Maguire is an overrated oaf. End of. Wasn’t aware we tried to sign the cunt but better vfm than Dawson who we got for £77 mill less than Man U paid. No idea how much we wouLd have had to pay Hull.

In fact I didn’t even know he played for them.

But as I said on the Fabianski thread it’s all about opinions.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Imo Maguire is an overrated oaf. End of. Wasn’t aware we tried to sign the cunt but better vfm than Dawson who we got for £77 mill less than Man U paid. No idea how much we wouLd have had to pay Hull.

In fact I didn’t even know he played for them.

But as I said on the Fabianski thread it’s all about opinions.
I would rather have Harry Maguire than Kurt Zouma. I don't know what that says about either of them but it says something.

And what would we think of Conor Coady & Craig Dawson as a partnership with Alphonse Areola behind them charged with keeping the back gate closed...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:40 pm I told everyone Sancho was useless.
The worst signing/waste of money is Ronaldo. His current ability doesn't warrant the disruption to the team or the negative effect on the other players. Man Utd would do better without him.
Your last paragraph is spot on.

When we were kids back in the 1970's and we wanted to score a goal,we would Goal hang.

That's all he offers United and that is why they are so poor.They are playing with 10 men basically..Back in the day,it was acceptable, but nowadays,you need EVERY outfield player pulling his weight.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Maguire was a good player at Hull then to Leicester City but since he moved to Man Utd, his form dipped a bit. £30M for him is more realistic target but we have a good bunch of defenders. Sancho is still adapting to PL life and it is more harder than Bundesliga.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Spot on with CR7 or whatever he's called. Feel good signing to keep everyone happy and obviously will score a few and probably a goal of the season candidate as well. But in a team filled with egos already, will it be worth upsetting the applecart? Same wih Messi going French.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:00 pm
Spot on with CR7 or whatever he's called. Feel good signing to keep everyone happy and obviously will score a few and probably a goal of the season candidate as well. But in a team filled with egos already, will it be worth upsetting the applecart? Same wih Messi going French.
Had all the appearance of a panic signing once it was rumoured that City were going in for him. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if maybe the blue Mancs possibly stoked the fires to gee up the local press boys somewhat. ;)

But that doesn't answer the question of whether whoever sanctioned paying £80 million for Maguire is still employed there. :lol: