Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: So, Rice.....

Post by Towie »

He also getting compliments from Roy Keane…

I believe the quote was “Rice is better than me at that age”.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

9898 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:46 pm Plays disciplined, defensive midfield role for England because the manager wants him in that role.

When playing for West Ham he does WHAT HE WANTS. He plays anywhere he chooses even though it causes massive problems for other players. Very self indulgent and self absorbed actions.
He's treating West Ham with no respect and using us to try and catch the eye of a big club at the expense of West Ham.
Pretty disgraceful actions really.
"Us" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brilliant piece by our own Martin Samual writing for The Mail about Gary Neville trying to get Rice to Old Trafford.

Gary NEViLLE opposed the Super League and made sure everyone knew it. What he doesn’t oppose is all of the supposed lesser clubs selling their best players to Manchester United, which ultimately amounts to the same thing. He was at it again this week with Declan rice. if Neville mentions rice, he says he needs to go to a bigger club; and often it’s Neville’s old club Manchester United. Of course, since the end of the maximum wage, players have moved up and on. One can see why Harry kane wanted to join Manchester city and why Jack Grealish did. rice (below) would earn more money, play in bigger competitions and have a better chance of winning major trophies if he joined one of the biggest clubs. We can see the appeal. But not just any big club. the logic is that rice needs to prove himself somewhere like Manchester United, but he’s already played in a European championship final and more than held his own. Maybe it is United and Neville’s mate, the manager, who need to prove themselves first. Why would Ole Gunnar Solskjaer be good for rice? is he a better coach than David Moyes? if Moyes had Solskjaer’s players during his time at Manchester United, might they have looked a more coherent, consistent team? Where did Jesse Lingard play his best football in recent years? it wasn’t Old trafford. Has Solskjaer greatly improved Harry Maguire or aaron Wan-Bissaka? What exactly did tottenham do for Matt Doherty, or arsenal for calum chambers? there are six clubs that fancy themselves as elite in the Premier League but only three that are any good. Manchester United are glorified Europa League with a big budget, which is where they have ended up the last two seasons; tottenham and arsenal aren’t even that right now. Yet every week we listen to influencers on behalf of an elite cabal conducting a recruitment campaign. they don’t pretend to be unallied. a Super League by stealth is still a Super League. if anything, the venture capitalists went about it more honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:35 am Brilliant piece by our own Martin Samual writing for The Mail about Gary Neville trying to get Rice to Old Trafford.
As has been said before at this moment in time Rice has as much chance of winning something where he is than he would have at Old Trafford. When he does eventually go the situation may be different but right now if he goes it will be to Chelsea or the other side of Manchester. Tbh if I was in Guardiola's shoes he is one of the candidates to replace Fernandinho I'd be looking at.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Rice or Moyes

Post by dorsetdano »

Andy Goldstein put a West Ham supporter on the spot, during his Talksport show today. He posed the question if you could only keep 1 this summer, who would you choose?

I think Rice is a sensational player, our best player since Bonzo (who is by far and away my favourite Hammer ever). But I'd keep Moyes as I think he can continue to turn us from perennial under achiever's, into proper contenders for all competitions going forward.

Whiskyman

Re: Rice or Moyes

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 pm Andy Goldstein put a West Ham supporter on the spot, during his Talksport show today. He posed the question if you could only keep 1 this summer, who would you choose?

I think Rice is a sensational player, our best player since Bonzo (who is by far and away my favourite Hammer ever). But I'd keep Moyes as I think he can continue to turn us from perennial under achiever's, into proper contenders for all competitions going forward.
Agree. 11 Rices managed by a cunt like Avram Grant or Alan Pardew would still be relegated.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Love Declan but Moyes has done something really quite special with this team
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Don't know if you blokes get the ad over there with the little Mexican girl and the tacos.
Soft or hard is the argument between two families. Big two fingered salute to the question.
" Why can't we have both?" :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

Rice. He's that good.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 pm Love Declan but Moyes has done something really quite special with this team
Wednesday evenings performance against Man City, showed the team can still achieve great results without it's special component. And regardless of how special that component is, he's not more important - to the football club - than the person in charge of all the components.