Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Got to admit, I'm a tad fucked off by it all. I don't begrudge the barcodes as they haven't won fuck all since 1543, but I was so hoping that by some quirk of fate they'd pass them and move on to us, so we could finally be rid of the pigshit that own us.
I wonder how many other investors have looked at us and thought maybe we could do things only to be put off by these vile creatures.
I can't help it, I fucking hate them.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 pm Got to admit, I'm a tad fucked off by it all. I don't begrudge the barcodes as they haven't won fuck all since 1543, but I was so hoping that by some quirk of fate they'd pass them and move on to us, so we could finally be rid of the pigshit that own us.
I wonder how many other investors have looked at us and thought maybe we could do things only to be put off by these vile creatures.
It’ll all go tits up pure barcodes style.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 pm Got to admit, I'm a tad fucked off by it all. I don't begrudge the barcodes as they haven't won fuck all since 1543, but I was so hoping that by some quirk of fate they'd pass them and move on to us, so we could finally be rid of the pigshit that own us.
Don’t think investors will necessarily be put off by our owners.

Unless of course they are Arab. As long as the dribbly one is drawing breath we can forget about potential Middle Eastern investment.

And from a pure business perspective West Ham isn’t a particularly attractive investment at the moment because we don’t own the ground.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

With this happening today,it's now even less chance that we will win anything in my lifetime again....43 years and counting.

When I was introduced to Football back in 1971,we ALL had a chance to win silverware before a ball was kicked at the start of the season.

Our 6th place last year was one massive achieving considering the times of today.Stinking rich City,Chelsea and now Newcastle with Footballing giants Liverpool and Man U thrown in.Let's not forget the likes of Arsenal & Spurs either.It's a massive mountain now.

Tbh,why should we bother,when we really have absolutely no hope?

Take me back to pre PL days,when we all could dream..Even Fergie would struggle now to put a title on the table.

Though I am pleased for them Geordie fans that have suffered a lot of crap over the years.Like us,they have seen a couple of generations of fans that have seen us win f*ck all and still have to look on what we did 40/50 odd years ago and be happy with that.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we had a Football rewind,where clubs had to live on gate and a bit tv money,where all could afford a little dream

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm With this happening today,it's now even less chance that we will win anything in my lifetime again....43 years and counting.

When I was introduced to Football back in 1971,we ALL had a chance to win silverware before a ball was kicked at the start of the season.

Our 6th place last year was one massive achieving considering the times of today.Stinking rich City,Chelsea and now Newcastle with Footballing giants Liverpool and Man U thrown in.Let's not forget the likes of Arsenal & Spurs either.

Take me back to pre PL days,when we all could dream..Even Fergie would struggle now to put a title on the table.

Though I am pleased for them Geordie fans that have suffered a lot of crap over the years.Like us,they have seen a couple of generations of fans that have seen us win f*ck all and still have to look on what we did 40/50 odd years ago and be happy with that.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we had a Football rewind,where clubs had to live on gate and a bit tv money,where all could afford a little dream
This season could be our last time to beat Newcastle as they will start beating us for fun like Man City did.

Top 6 is OVER for us with:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Newcastle
6. Arsenal
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Leicester City
10. West Ham

Of those lots above us, I can only see 1 or 2 win and 12 losses with small chance of home wins and draws and 0.1 chance of a draw away or win away. That could push us down to 10th to 13th.

Newcastle will get top manager, top coaching staffs, players etc like Man City did in 2012 and we only had 2 wins against Man City - the one in 2014 at Upton Park and the Etihad stadium in 2015 when Pellegrini was in Man City dugout. Since then we got beat by 4-0 to 5-0 and only last season we have improve massively.

This is seriously getting out of control and hope no more clubs getting far richer than Man City otherwise we will be in the championship like Nottingham Forest with very little chance of Premier League if our dwarfs still in charge by the year 2025.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Unless of course they are Arab. As long as the dribbly one is drawing breath we can forget about potential Middle Eastern investment.

And from a pure business perspective West Ham isn’t a particularly attractive investment at the moment because we don’t own the ground.
Not according to the stunted cunt it isn't.
According to him and the slag we're worth about 800 million :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm With this happening today,it's now even less chance that we will win anything in my lifetime again....43 years and counting.

Our 6th place last year was one massive achieving considering the times of today.Stinking rich City,Chelsea and now Newcastle with Footballing giants Liverpool and Man U thrown in.Let's not forget the likes of Arsenal & Spurs either.It's a massive mountain now.

Sadly Tel, it's too far gone now mate.
You only have to look down the leagues to see just how unfair it's become.
Great sides of yesteryear are now nowhere to be seen. Derby, Ipswich, Notts Forest will never come close to winning a major trophy ever again.
As soon as money people start chucking their wealth around, they destroy a sport. Look at Boxing, four world champions at the same weight ffs. last time I looked we all live in one world, fucking farcical.
Formula one's another, absolute shite.
Still never mind, when we colonise mars, they can all fuck off there and fuck that up as well. At least the Arabs won't feel out of place, there's plenty of sand there!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I agree with you Tel . I think all our generation will .

Strangely enough so does the geezer on KUMB who posted exactly the same thing over there .

4 minutes before you did :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Glad it's not us
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:32 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Not according to the stunted cunt it isn't.
According to him and the slag we're worth about 800 million :lol:
I could put my house up for sale at £2 million. You might come and look at it. Then you'd laugh at me and walk away. Probably shaking your head.

Do you see where I'm going with this ? ;)

Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?