Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:53 pm

How would the fans owning 51% stop clubs getting rich. In Germany that is the model but Bayern are still miles ahead of anyone else.

We live in a capital democracy. If you ban foreign owners then you will get left behind by the rest of Europe. If all countries do it then the Arabs will just start their own league and buy the best players and they will all play there.

Foreign owners are here to stay. I agree that the gap between PL and Champ is getting bigger but blame the PL and sky for that who encourage that huge investment.

I remember Scudamore saying that the PL brand is lower in value when Man Utd are not playing well....also evident if you see how much they love Liverpool that after a decent goal Salah is apparently the best player in the world. They want these owners as they will bring the best players and increase the brand..

Look at the difference in quality between us and Vienna. The PL are pulling away everywhere.
You could be right but not all wealthy owners are successful as some are failure like the Swansea, Blackburn, QPR and Reading. I do hope we will have a good ownership and better than the dwarfs but have to wait until 2023. Hope by the next 10 year we will be as good as the 2 Mancs, Liverpool and Chelsea.
We may get better owners we may not. These we have now are about as good as any other owner we have had but hoping for mega rich owners in order to be as good as Liverpool or Chelsea is not really high on my wish list.
If it happens then all well and good but I would rather have nights like a week or so ago going to OT and beating them as underdogs through hard work, ability and spirit. Just my opinion though and if we get rich owners I won't moan.

You are right about QPR, Blackburn, Reading etc but there is rich through Autotrader or chicken farming and there is state ownership which is very different like Man City and maybe Newcastle.

We shall see what happens to the game. The PL will become an Arab toy.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:53 pm

How would the fans owning 51% stop clubs getting rich. In Germany that is the model but Bayern are still miles ahead of anyone else.

We live in a capital democracy. If you ban foreign owners then you will get left behind by the rest of Europe. If all countries do it then the Arabs will just start their own league and buy the best players and they will all play there.

Foreign owners are here to stay. I agree that the gap between PL and Champ is getting bigger but blame the PL and sky for that who encourage that huge investment.

I remember Scudamore saying that the PL brand is lower in value when Man Utd are not playing well....also evident if you see how much they love Liverpool that after a decent goal Salah is apparently the best player in the world. They want these owners as they will bring the best players and increase the brand..

Look at the difference in quality between us and Vienna. The PL are pulling away everywhere.
You could be right but not all wealthy owners are successful as some are failure like the Swansea, Blackburn, QPR and Reading. I do hope we will have a good ownership and better than the dwarfs but have to wait until 2023. Hope by the next 10 year we will be as good as the 2 Mancs, Liverpool and Chelsea.
If every club was owned by a wealthy individual there would still be 3 teams relegated at the end of the season. And, trust me, if wealthy owners, foreign or otherwise, were stopped from owning clubs there would be far more of them going bust than is the case at the moment. Bournemouth are one example of a club that was going out of business until Maxim Demin turned up with his cash.

You're right that not all ownership models are good ones but wouldn't that be the same if clubs were owned by fan groups,? No doubt there would be some that were very good, like the Abramovich and Man City models, but there would be others who would go the same way as the failures you've mentioned.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:00 pm
If every club was owned by a wealthy individual there would still be 3 teams relegated at the end of the season. And, trust me, if wealthy owners, foreign or otherwise, were stopped from owning clubs there would be far more of them going bust than is the case at the moment. Bournemouth are one example of a club that was going out of business until Maxim Demin turned up with his cash.

You're right that not all ownership models are good ones but wouldn't that be the same if clubs were owned by fan groups,? No doubt there would be some that were very good, like the Abramovich and Man City models, but there would be others who would go the same way as the failures you've mentioned.
Also very hard to predict how the club will fare once new ownership takes control as it is unpredictable and whether owners are ambition enough to help.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Also very hard to predict how the club will fare once new ownership takes control as it is unpredictable and whether owners are ambition enough to help.
Very true. and 51% ownership or not. A mega rich benefactor may (and there are not that many of them that want to own clubs)

a) decide not to invest much or even turn up at all.
b) dump debt on the club like the glazers have done to clear debt at Tampa Bay
c) Have a sudden problem with their business like the Icelandics did and end up broke
d) get nicked for corruption and have all assets frozen. Hasn't happened yet but I would be concerned if I was supporting a certain team in West London

JayK

Post by JayK »

Deal done
COYI!!!

garnett

Post by garnett »

Gutted :(

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:35 pmGutted :(
Why ? Do you want our club owned by the Saudi state ?

Fit and proper owners test ?......nicely swerved there since the Saudis have a worse human rights record than the Abu Dhabi group.

Money always wins.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:40 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm

It has been known, my good fellow.
Many's the time I've walloped a silver back up there. One minute your out on the prowl dressed as the lone ranger and the next your covered in chilli sauce and bits of shish kebab back scuttling a 30 stone female gorilla with teeth like a row of condemned houses.

Dunkirk n all that.
:lol:

But did she drop her chips?
Dropped her guts, more like :shock:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Meanwhile at Darsley Park, the new owners of Newcastle United wasted no time in implementing their traditional training regime.

Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:34 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:40 pm

:lol:

But did she drop her chips?
Dropped her guts, more like :shock:
With a slight touching of the cloth no doubt
COYI!!!