Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by palerider »

The PL may have relented and rubber stamped the takeover but FFP rules will be followed to the letter now. Can't have some upstarts banging on the door and upsetting Manure and the Victims.

And it remains to be seen how successful recruitment will be. If I was a star player from Johnny Foreigner land, whatever financial incentive wouldn't tempt me to choose Newcastle over one of the top 4, at least not yet. It will take years for them to make the top table.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Good luck to the Geordies.

The dirty russian oil money and the poorer neighbours of Saudi are good but Saudi are bad. Horse shit.

The other 3 big clubs have massively leveraged US owners pumping debt.

If I was a foreign player I wouldn't go to Newcastle for a load of money - wrong. That's exactly why players went to China. Messi left Barcelona for PSG not because he wanted Croissants and Cheese but because he wanted a shit tonne of cash. If he loved Barca that much the multi millionaire would have played for free. Professionals earn money - stop there.

Newcastle will be hoovering up talent, paying top dollar and FFP will be pumped like a Granny on a Wayne Rooney night out.

Good luck Geordies and I am jealous.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Once the Taliban get up and running their opium trade again expect a bid for us in the near future.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 pm Got to admit, I'm a tad fucked off by it all. I don't begrudge the barcodes as they haven't won fuck all since 1543, but I was so hoping that by some quirk of fate they'd pass them and move on to us, so we could finally be rid of the pigshit that own us.
I wonder how many other investors have looked at us and thought maybe we could do things only to be put off by these vile creatures.
I can't help it, I fucking hate them.
Don’t think investors will necessarily be put off by our owners.

Unless of course they are Arab. As long as the dribbly one is drawing breath we can forget about potential Middle Eastern investment.

And from a pure business perspective West Ham isn’t a particularly attractive investment at the moment because we don’t own the ground.
You say that but if a buyer like Staveley and her consortium came around with enough money, it does not matter who currently owns the club because they would be bought out anyway.

I know you dont like jews but you do realise that one part of this Saudi consortium is Jamie Rueben and his Sports outfit. The same Jamie Reuben who is the son of David Reuben who is from an Iraqi Jewish family. The hint is in the name. He will be also a director of Newcastle alongside Staveley.

So Jews and Arabs are able to work together here. Money always talks when these deals get done.

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:02 am Good luck to the Geordies.

The dirty russian oil money and the poorer neighbours of Saudi are good but Saudi are bad. Horse shit.

The other 3 big clubs have massively leveraged US owners pumping debt.

If I was a foreign player I wouldn't go to Newcastle for a load of money - wrong. That's exactly why players went to China. Messi left Barcelona for PSG not because he wanted Croissants and Cheese but because he wanted a shit tonne of cash. If he loved Barca that much the multi millionaire would have played for free. Professionals earn money - stop there.

Newcastle will be hoovering up talent, paying top dollar and FFP will be pumped like a Granny on a Wayne Rooney night out.

Good luck Geordies and I am jealous.
I agree they will go there for the money and Sky will really struggle now because they already hate Man City and as someone else has mentioned, now they have another team to inhibit 'the greatest teams the world has ever seen' in Manchester United and Liverpool

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

We can now discard the possibility of Newcastle finishing bottom 3. Be interesting to see who they tempt as manager because who ever arrives has got three months of working with a bottom three squad. Yippee

Ok in January, they can pirate in five,six players to avoid relegation and give the club the feelgood buoyancy, but significant change with sustained improvement, develops organically. You can only speed the process so far chucking money around.

And let's face it, Newcastle are likely in first flush, to draw the players whose careers have been sliding a bit, like Lingard,Kane,Sterling.

The more elite prospect/potentials like Bellingham,Mbappé,Haaland will still want Champions league. And Newcastle can't provide that (yet)

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am We can now discard the possibility of Newcastle finishing bottom 3. Be interesting to see who they tempt as manager because who ever arrives has got three months of working with a bottom three squad. Yippee

Ok in January, they can pirate in five,six players to avoid relegation and give the club the feelgood buoyancy, but significant change with sustained improvement, develops organically. You can only speed the process so far chucking money around.

And let's face it, Newcastle are likely in first flush, to draw the players whose careers have been sliding a bit, like Lingard,Kane,Sterling.

The more elite prospect/potentials like Bellingham,Mbappé,Haaland will still want Champions league. And Newcastle can't provide that (yet)
As has been already stated, I don't begrudge long-suffering Toon fans their good luck one bit. And you're quite right, relegation is off the table now. But Newcastle wasn't built in a day. And a new boss ? The Elephant Man, much as I hate him, has done a great job with fuck all to spend. Be careful what you wish for.

Messi moved because he wouldn't play for free and why should he. As for all the players in China, not one from my memory is what you'd call a world star now. And Matteus Pereira going to the Middle East just for the money ? Very good player but one would question his ambition.

And the tax laws in the desert are somewhat lax as well meaning they keep nearly all of it.

With only 4 CL places up for grabs the PL will be so rigid with FFP laws now. The boardrooms at Old Trafford and Anfield will be full of expletives and demanding it. As for the Arse and the Vermin ? :lol:

Lingard is a good shout but I really can't see Raheeeeem or Brucie ending up there.

Now that Yarmalenko. He's top drawer. 45 million I reckon would do it.
Last edited by palerider on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:52 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Don’t think investors will necessarily be put off by our owners.

Unless of course they are Arab. As long as the dribbly one is drawing breath we can forget about potential Middle Eastern investment.

And from a pure business perspective West Ham isn’t a particularly attractive investment at the moment because we don’t own the ground.
You say that but if a buyer like Staveley and her consortium came around with enough money, it does not matter who currently owns the club because they would be bought out anyway.

I know you dont like jews but you do realise that one part of this Saudi consortium is Jamie Rueben and his Sports outfit. The same Jamie Reuben who is the son of David Reuben who is from an Iraqi Jewish family. The hint is in the name. He will be also a director of Newcastle alongside Staveley.

So Jews and Arabs are able to work together here. Money always talks when these deals get done.
Let's get one thing completely straight. I have nothing against Jews per se. My business career was in finance and, as you would probably expect, in the financial world there are a very significant number of Jewish people in senior positions. It would be impossible for a "Jew hater", as you seem to believe I am, to work successfully in that field of business. I do however detest the concept of creating a sovereign state, such as Israel and Pakistan, purely for the purpose of religious segregation. I do not, as you seem to think, despise Jews but I freely admit to despising the utter hypocrisy of religion (all types) and those who espouse it for their own aims.

That said, whilst I take your point about money talking, it is relatively rare for Jews and Arabs to work together, as I'm sure you will agree. Which is why I simply cannot see any Arab investment coming the way of West Ham whilst Gold is a co owner. I may well be wrong of course and we could, as in the Newcastle case see another example of the exception proving the rule.

For what it's worth I suspect the Newcastle situation is going to be based on the Manchester City model., involving infrastructural investment in an area of the city based around the football club. And because of the very close proximity of St James' Park to Newcastle City centre the potential is probably very significant.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:28 am
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:52 am

Let's get one thing completely straight. I have nothing against Jews per se. I do however detest the concept of creating a sovereign state, such as Israel and Pakistan, purely for the purpose of religious segregation. I do not, as you seem to think, despise Jews but I freely admit to despising the utter hypocrisy of religion (all types) and those who espouse it for their own aims.

That said, whilst I take your point about money talking, it is relatively rare for Jews and Arabs to work together, as I'm sure you will agree. Which is why I simply cannot see any Arab investment coming the way of West Ham whilst Gold is a co owner. I may well be wrong of course and we could, as in the Newcastle case see another example of the exception proving the rule.

For what it's worth I suspect the Newcastle situation is going to be based on the Manchester City model., involving infrastructural investment in an area of the city based around the football club. And because of the very close proximity of St James' Park to Newcastle City centre the potential is probably very significant.
If the club are being sold to Arabs like Newcastle, Gold would not be working with an Arab. Just like Ashley only dealt with Staveley and now has no interests in the club other than a sponsorship that will likely be gone at the end of the season.

And that infrastructure improvement has already been happening if you look at what Reubens company have been doing
Last edited by h69 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:40 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm With this happening today,it's now even less chance that we will win anything in my lifetime again....43 years and counting.

When I was introduced to Football back in 1971,we ALL had a chance to win silverware before a ball was kicked at the start of the season.

Our 6th place last year was one massive achieving considering the times of today.Stinking rich City,Chelsea and now Newcastle with Footballing giants Liverpool and Man U thrown in.Let's not forget the likes of Arsenal & Spurs either.It's a massive mountain now.

Tbh,why should we bother,when we really have absolutely no hope?

Take me back to pre PL days,when we all could dream..Even Fergie would struggle now to put a title on the table.

Though I am pleased for them Geordie fans that have suffered a lot of crap over the years.Like us,they have seen a couple of generations of fans that have seen us win f*ck all and still have to look on what we did 40/50 odd years ago and be happy with that.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we had a Football rewind,where clubs had to live on gate and a bit tv money,where all could afford a little dream
I agree with you Tel . I think all our generation will .

Strangely enough so does the geezer on KUMB who posted exactly the same thing over there .

4 minutes before you did :lol:
:lol:
COYI!!!