Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Newcastle Takeover

Post by Ibbyham »

https://www.claretandhugh.info/300m-tak ... -imminent/

Will be richer than Man City :evil: :evil: :evil:

Another club set to bash our club and others as well.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:23 pm https://www.claretandhugh.info/300m-tak ... -imminent/

They might want West Ham?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:23 pm https://www.claretandhugh.info/300m-tak ... -imminent/

Would be nice if that happened. Can't afford seeing more clubs getting richer than us and pushing us down as they have more bigger squad BUT Newcastle CANNOT compete top 4 as Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are miles ahead so if Newcastle start spending BIG like those 4 clubs, there simply NO ROOM AT THE INN in top 4 so it will generate less income than those 4 clubs.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

They are Saudis. Gold is a bacon dodger. Out of the question.

One thing is for sure though, if this consortium is actually backed by the Saudi government it will be a game changer. But if they aren't there could be a lot of very long faces on Tyneside.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

If it goes through it will certainly give them some spending power in January to help a probable relegation fight and will also almost certainly see the Elephant Man sacked which can only help their cause.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Would be nice if that happened. Can't afford seeing more clubs getting richer than us and pushing us down as they have more bigger squad BUT Newcastle CANNOT compete top 4 as Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are miles ahead so if Newcastle start spending BIG like those 4 clubs, there simply NO ROOM AT THE INN in top 4 so it will generate less income than those 4 clubs.
Apparently they are TEN times richer than the City owners.Money will be no object,though the PL and clubs lile Man U & Liverpool may try to stop that.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:18 am

Apparently they are TEN times richer than the City owners.Money will be no object,though the PL and clubs lile Man U & Liverpool may try to stop that.
I'm sure there'll be goings-on behind the scenes between the PL and the media darlings to counter that threat Terry.

I have nothing against the Toon although I loathe Bruce and Wilson. As for attracting players in January, however much money the Arabs throw at the team, it will be extremely difficult to attract top quality to a team in the bottom five. And if it was just for the money you'd need to question the ambitions of those they can attract anyway.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well the threat to the big four won't be imminent or fast. Too much to do and too far behind the curve for that. Realistically it would take three years or six transfer windows to transform Newcastle into a big rival. First priority would be a top manager and that's a difficult sell.

Basically you need to persuade someone to spend the first 18 months scuffing around midtable while you raise the overall squad strength, your most direct competitors would be the Arsenal,Tottenham types. No way you get anywhere near Liverpool,Chelsea or Man City in two years.

The road map is the Leicester City approach. Two years and you might have something solid or your still tinkering.

Funnily enough David Moyes might be someone who could get the foundation started in that regard.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I preferred the old days of 1970s when there is no cash-rich clubs, greedy owners and life were better than now as it is all about ££££ and greediness. If Newcastle going to be 10 time richer than Man City then like you said, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea won't be happy.

since 2015, most clubs who got relegated goes straight back in WBA, Fulham, Norwich & Watford as the gap between the riches of the PL and the Championship is getting wider. Clubs such as Reading, Swansea, Stoke, QPR, Blackburn and Birmingham struggles to get back as they are cash-strapped.

Will the dwarf sell the club in 2023 to a rich foreign owner and would they be reliable?

IF I was the FA in charge of Premier League and Football Leagues, I would BANNED foreign greedy owners buying clubs, ALL clubs to be owned by FANS who looked after clubs by 51% and no less and the rest of the % goes to any investors like AFC Wimbledon who FANS owned 51% and they started to have some investors to fill in the rest of the % but the FANS still has the RIGHT to controlled the club by 51%.

West Ham has investors in Tripper who got 10% of West Ham and Sullivan is looking for more investors to fill in the gaps and make West Ham more sustainable.

That is the proper way of looking after clubs...... with 51% owned by FANS This way clubs will not get dissolved like Derby, Wigan, Bolton, Bury and so on.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The filthy Arabs might make the Geordie cunts the biggest team in Newcastle.