David Moyes and his Claret & Blue Army.

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: David Moyes

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:52 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:37 am

Thanks for answering.....it was a genuine question because I am happy to admit that I wanted Pellegrini and Husillos because of what they did at Malaga whereas I had no interest in Bilic, Howe or Emery being manager.
No problem mate , as for Pellegrini what he did at Malaga was phenomenal and his record after that wasn't to shabby but just felt that his time in China was the end for me , really didn't think he was what we needed at the time , as we needed to be rebuilt from top to bottom on and off the pitch . And there is no denying Moyes is achieving what I really thought was impossible under the current owners ( though they still have a long way to go to convince me ) .
As for Bilic he is in my eyes the complete opposite of Moyes ( I like him but not as a manager ) , and totally agree with not wanting either Howe or Emery .
Bilic....lovely man. But how good he was as a manager ? His first season was on the back of the fat frog. After that he struggled.

Mr Dead was I agree entirely the wrong choice. You got more fucking fight with the golem. Moyes, for all of his detractors, should never have been let go in the first place. Clearly we'd have won the Champions League by now.

;)

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:18 am
only1salty wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:51 am

I agree with you Clayton. It has taken a season but I have mellowed to him from not wanting him to acceptance.

The "who would you pick" debate is one I always find strange. If my full time job over several years was to scout players and managers in professional football I might have an answer. As my job involves 50 hours a week doing something else and watching what is in front of me for 90 minutes once a week then I can only judge what I see. Selection of management should be a professional's job who has scoured the world performing in depth skills and psychological assessments - not the job of a season ticket holder who manages to make it to games in between keeping his head afloat.

Here is what I have seen...
- Hated the kick and rush style at first but we have dramatically improved over time.
- Like the work ethic he has installed in the players and the team spirit seems good from the outside
- Dislike the way we do not use young players, even when we are winning comfortably. Connor Coventry has deserved more cameo appearances than Noble for example.
- Dislike the way we cannot buy a striker. Moyes was the same at Everton for years. Seems to dither on strikers. Can pick a midfielder or defender though.
- Don't care about the personality - I want him to manage the team I support, well, not spend 2 weeks in Faliraki on the piss with him.

So there you have it for what its worth and I am sure (and hopeful) he doesn't give a a shit
FFS, just for clarification though it really should not be needed really....

I was not suggesting it is anyones job on here to sign a new manager just like it is none of our jobs to sign any players but I mistakenly thought it was a forum where supporters could discuss these things and I was genuinely interested in whether Clayton had anyone better in mind.
I remember a similar discussion when Bilic was in charge and we all gave opinions on who should replace him including myself. Was that not allowed then ? Who knew ?

I guess until we get our coaching badges we cant talk about tactics and until we get an agents license we cant discuss players we would like to see at West Ham. :roll:

But thanks for giving me your thoughts though it is probably not my job to analyse them as I am not in customer services :lol: :lol: :lol:
just for clarification - you don't need permission to talk about anything.

I said I find it strange. You can do what you like.

I also find Cauliflower Cheese strange but seem people still eat it. Wierdos

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am
h69 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Fair enough. Not sure I am following the crowd, just liking what I am seeing each week.

Who would you prefer to take over just for interest ?
Don't get me wrong h69 , as I said I like what Moyes is doing with the players , our fitness and teamwork is outstanding , and the way he has started to get the club run in a professional manner is nothing to be sniffed at .
But as far as another taking over I actually have no idea , but I will say I did not want Pellegrini ( if that means anything ) .
Look Moyes is not a bad manager :o , he is more than likely the best we could hope for but like us all he has his idiosyncrasies , he has always been a ditherer in my eyes , when a tactical change is needed ( formation or taking a player off ) or when it came to playing a very good and talented youngster .
It seems to be the club's policy that talented kids are sent out on loan to gain experience. Will Conor Coventry benefit more by, presumably, getting more pitch time, albeit at an inferior level, with Peterborough than he would coming off the bench from time to time if he stayed ? I guess time will tell. We can watch his development with interest.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:18 am

FFS, just for clarification though it really should not be needed really....

I was not suggesting it is anyones job on here to sign a new manager just like it is none of our jobs to sign any players but I mistakenly thought it was a forum where supporters could discuss these things and I was genuinely interested in whether Clayton had anyone better in mind.
I remember a similar discussion when Bilic was in charge and we all gave opinions on who should replace him including myself. Was that not allowed then ? Who knew ?

I guess until we get our coaching badges we cant talk about tactics and until we get an agents license we cant discuss players we would like to see at West Ham. :roll:

But thanks for giving me your thoughts though it is probably not my job to analyse them as I am not in customer services :lol: :lol: :lol:
just for clarification - you don't need permission to talk about anything.

I said I find it strange. You can do what you like.

I also find Cauliflower Cheese strange but seem people still eat it. Wierdos
You find it strange that people talk about football on a football forum ? Yeah. Complete Weirdos !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am

Don't get me wrong h69 , as I said I like what Moyes is doing with the players , our fitness and teamwork is outstanding , and the way he has started to get the club run in a professional manner is nothing to be sniffed at .
But as far as another taking over I actually have no idea , but I will say I did not want Pellegrini ( if that means anything ) .
Look Moyes is not a bad manager :o , he is more than likely the best we could hope for but like us all he has his idiosyncrasies , he has always been a ditherer in my eyes , when a tactical change is needed ( formation or taking a player off ) or when it came to playing a very good and talented youngster .
It seems to be the club's policy that talented kids are sent out on loan to gain experience. Will Conor Coventry benefit more by, presumably, getting more pitch time, albeit at an inferior level, with Peterborough than he would coming off the bench from time to time if he stayed ? I guess time will tell. We can watch his development with interest.
Conor Coventry has made 3 appearances for Posh .
2 starts 1 sub appearances and was subbed off once also
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:50 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm

Conor Coventry has made 3 appearances for Posh .
2 starts 1 sub appearances and was subbed off once also
Well at least it appears he's getting matches under his belt. Which should enable the coaching staff to monitor his development to see if he's likely to be one for the future or whether he'll be the next Josh Cullen, which would still enable him to earn a decent salary .
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Re: David Moyes and his Claret & Blue Army.

Post by terrya1965 »

.Did you know we have only had 2 defeats on the spin ONCE since the restart back in June 2020(65 games).That is consistency for you.Rice and Antonio missed both them games and Ogbonna missed one of them.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:09 pm .Did you know we have only had 2 defeats on the spin ONCE since the restart back in June 2020(65 games).That is consistency for you.Rice and Antonio missed both them games and Ogbonna missed one of them.
True as we are doing what Man Utd used to do in 1990s to 2000s as they rarely lose 2 or 3 games in a row.

Hope to keep our consistency if we are to finish top 4 and hope Rice, Ogbonna and Antonio to stay fit
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:09 pm .Did you know we have only had 2 defeats on the spin ONCE since the restart back in June 2020(65 games).That is consistency for you.Rice and Antonio missed both them games and Ogbonna missed one of them.
Love stats like this 👍🏽
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Did you know in the last 40 games,we haven't lost less than by a single goal.

(Declan Rice,Instagram)