David Moyes and his Claret & Blue Army.

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: David Moyes

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 pm Still can't warm to Moyes , but he has most of our team playing as one , the fitness , energy , determination and understanding is beyond anything I have seen from a West Ham team ever 😲 . To top it off we have some superb individual players , and with the addition of a few more signings or youngsters making the level we will be a match for anyone .
i fucking hated him when he was at Everton, and I realise why now, because his team was always so hard to beat.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:44 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:06 pm In the last 58 games under his leadership,we have only lost 2 games on the bounce ONCE.

Even under the great John Lyall in 1981 and 1986,couldn't match that.

What David has done here is nothing short of incredible.

Take a bow.
We are a fucking superb team whether the 1st XI or the 2nd XI.
I dont remember ever seeing such a hard working team at West Ham ever. In fact quite the opposite.
A high tide raises all ships and not only is the work ethic in evidence,the players seem to be enjoying the camaraderie and that spirit is infectious.
I get the impression that everyone respects each other's work and is willing to lend extra support or even help.

Currently, it looks like, any team that finishes above West Ham gets a top four place. Because we are definitely top five material.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:00 pm
Clayton wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 pm Still can't warm to Moyes , but he has most of our team playing as one , the fitness , energy , determination and understanding is beyond anything I have seen from a West Ham team ever 😲 . To top it off we have some superb individual players , and with the addition of a few more signings or youngsters making the level we will be a match for anyone .
Is that not a reason to warm to the man given what he took over ?

Serious question and I am just curious.
Seriously no , just cannot , same as touching velvet or eating jelly eels , nothing to do with his ability as a coach ( though at times his decision making tactically and his timing with subs has me bewildered ) , no it's just his persona .

Dwayne Pipes

Re: David Moyes and his Claret & Blue Army.

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A lot of credit due to his great coaching staff too

Long may it continue.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:15 pm At the risk of sounding like a shit fan, and a bit of a poof:

Until recently, whenever I was asked who I supported, I sheepishly muttered “West Ham”, followed by a self-deprecating laugh and shrug of the shoulders that said “don’t ask me why - clearly I mustn’t be right in the head”.

That hasn’t happened for a little while now. I’ve got that sense of pride back.
Poof :lol:
Was a bit like that though. Wait for the laughs
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Everyone is obviously entitles to their opinion. But could you please try to explain precisely what it is you are unhappy about. I'm not talking about individual decisions because there will always be differences of opinion about things like team selection but I, and I'm sure a great many others, would like to know what precisely you dislike about the way Moyes has structured the team, not to mention they way he is apparently pressing, with some success, for the modernisation of the way the club's business off the field is conducted.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Re: David Moyes and his Claret & Blue Army.

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:06 pm In the last 58 games under his leadership,we have only lost 2 games on the bounce ONCE.

Even under the great John Lyall in 1981 and 1986,couldn't match that.

What David has done here is nothing short of incredible.

Take a bow.
I agreed with the above.

Does 9898 can agreed with you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:06 pm
not sure what else he could do clay? if he sends you an xmas card will it help? :D
Can't buy my love with a poxy Christmas card mate .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:53 pm
Everyone is obviously entitles to their opinion. But could you please try to explain precisely what it is you are unhappy about. I'm not talking about individual decisions because there will always be differences of opinion about things like team selection but I, and I'm sure a great many others, would like to know what precisely you dislike about the way Moyes has structured the team, not to mention they way he is apparently pressing, with some success, for the modernisation of the way the club's business off the field is conducted.
Didn't mention anything about team selection , or the modernisation of the structure of the club off the field either , so I am somewhat confused as to where you got the idea I had 🤔 .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:09 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Didn't mention anything about team selection , or the modernisation of the structure of the club off the field either , so I am somewhat confused as to where you got the idea I had 🤔 .
Yeah Clay how the fuck can you not love David Moyes .
Is the man not a fucking genius ?
Is he not the true messiah ?

How very dare you you ungrateful Cunt .
Bring back Jonathon !