Leeds red card

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Leeds red card

Post by Ironworksfc »

Struggling to find any slow motion replays, but from what I've seen, was it actually a red card challenge?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Brookbonds73

Re: Leeds red card

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:45 pm Struggling to find any slow motion replays, but from what I've seen, was it actually a red card challenge?
Personally I didn't think it was a red, and so it would seem neither did the ref.
If the boy hadn't of suffered such a horrible injury then I think he would have stayed on the pitch.
Salahs reaction didn't help his cause, but then again anyone seeing that injury up close as he was, would have acted in the same way.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Looked like a good tackle at normal speed. But I can’t find a replay of the incident from another angle.

What was the outcome? Broken leg?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 am Looked like a good tackle at normal speed. But I can’t find a replay of the incident from another angle.

What was the outcome? Broken leg?
I heard it was a dislocated ankle, but nothing has been confirmed

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:45 pm Struggling to find any slow motion replays, but from what I've seen, was it actually a red card challenge?
Imo under normal circumstances would have warranted a yellow at best. Consensus seems to be it was the lad's injury that caused it to be a red. One of the rare occasions where I think we should actually sympathise with the ref.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

the tackle is one that Rice makes all the time, not even a yellow in my book, play was continuing before Salah started waving his arms about and he was correct to do so, injury was not a nice one but was not even a foul for me

hope the lads recovers a his looks a good player, before anyone piles in I only saw the tackle while watching the game and have not seen replays but first view as was the ref and all other players seemed to be a good tackle other than the injury it caused

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:37 am the tackle is one that Rice makes all the time, not even a yellow in my book, play was continuing before Salah started waving his arms about and he was correct to do so, injury was not a nice one but was not even a foul for me

hope the lads recovers a his looks a good player, before anyone piles in I only saw the tackle while watching the game and have not seen replays but first view as was the ref and all other players seemed to be a good tackle other than the injury it caused
Similar to the one the dog eater made against the Everton player three season ago which Spuds successfully appealed. The injury made it worse than it was although Son should still have been banned for life for playing for the vermin.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

How many matches he will be suspended?
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:57 am How many matches he will be suspended?
3 but they'll appeal for sure.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:57 am How many matches he will be suspended?
Standard ban mate. 3 games for a red card, 1 game for two yellows (Antonio). Imo the Leeds lad was unlucky to be red carded. Had Elliott not sustained a very nasty injury he would have received a yellow at the most, and possibly not even that. Reckon they will appeal it and have a decent chance of getting it overturned.

Credit to the majority of Leeds fans who gave Elliott a decent reception as he was carried off but the small section who were singing "You'll never walk again" didn't do their club any favours tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?