Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Parry Hotter wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:53 pm The biggest issue I see with Thursday/Sunday as opposed to Wednesday/Saturday is that Sunday is a school night as people have work the next day and it’s notoriously a family day whereas Saturday has always been a football and on the lash night.
Aint going to make the players more nackered though is it. Any case Sunday games finishes before 7 so long time before bed time aint it.
Never said it would.

Some people drive for work so can’t get on it.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:53 pm The biggest issue I see with Thursday/Sunday as opposed to Wednesday/Saturday is that Sunday is a school night as people have work the next day and it’s notoriously a family day whereas Saturday has always been a football and on the lash night.
Aint going to make the players more nackered though is it. Any case Sunday games finishes before 7 so long time before bed time aint it.
I'm glad someone gets the point mate,. The OP was about players being tired with the number of games they have to play. Just pointing out there's the same time between Wednesday and Saturday as there is between Thursday and Sunday.

Problem is for us this weekend though is Man United will have had two more days recovery than us before the game at the weekend.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 pm

I'm glad someone gets the point mate,. The OP was about players being tired with the number of games they have to play. Just pointing out there's the same time between Wednesday and Saturday as there is between Thursday and Sunday.

Problem is for us this weekend though is Man United will have had two more days recovery than us before the game at the weekend.
I think less recovery time will be the least of our problems on Sunday
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

True but as fans, we have had to get used to stupid KO times with the Premier League

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:16 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Where did I mention the Thursday/Sunday thing?

Though if you are playing Wednesday/Saturday,you will probably have a bigger squad,because you will have the extra income.

The difference between us and the majority who qualify for Europe is the squad size.We never had the squad last year and we certainly haven't got it this season.One central striker is an utter joke to be playing twice a week.

Basically you need 2 XI's to have any chance of success.We haven't got that.It's going to be a up and down season and a bit more moaning on here for sure.I have a feeling,Numbers will be saying "I told you so",quite a few times this season.
Our board is the problem, we should have got Edouard instead of Palace and need a left-back as well but our board wasn't ambition enough. Now we got a new recruitment staff, Rob Newman and I hope he will get the players that Moyes wanted WITHOUT Sullivan interference especially wages. Not sure how much cash left in the transfer kitty for January but hope to get at least a striker and a left back.
I dont think Moyes wanted Edouard. We had the chance to sign him early on in the window and we passed.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:07 am

I think less recovery time will be the least of our problems on Sunday
Think will be a problem. Bigger squad, two days more recovery tbh expect us to get beat. Take a draw right now.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

And they can easy play another XI against us.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am
True but as fans, we have had to get used to stupid KO times with the Premier League
True too. Don’t mean they like it. I wasn’t even talking for myself as I ditched my season ticket a few years ago
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’m more concerned about the fact , and it WILL be a fact , that Moyes will use this game , whatever the result , and the absence of Antonio , as an excuse for a cowardly deep defensive unambitious abortion of a performance on Sunday … and again a few days later .
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:26 pm I’m more concerned about the fact , and it WILL be a fact , that Moyes will use this game , whatever the result , and the absence of Antonio , as an excuse for a cowardly deep defensive unambitious abortion of a performance on Sunday … and again a few days later .
Exactly......this