Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Down under mick wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:31 am Confident west ham 3 Southampton 0
New blokes I'm hoping they're giving a chance and prove there worth in improving the side
Tbh I expect them almost certainly to be on the bench if they are involved at all. Don't know when they will actually turn up at the training complex so they might only have one training session with the rest of the team before Saturday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:03 pm
Down under mick wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:31 am Confident west ham 3 Southampton 0
New blokes I'm hoping they're giving a chance and prove there worth in improving the side
Tbh I expect them almost certainly to be on the bench if they are involved at all. Don't know when they will actually turn up at the training complex so they might only have one training session with the rest of the I trust your judgement mate but still confident and I'd like to to think some of them making an immediate impact dreaming maybe looking forward to it anyway

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:45 pm Hope to get all our players from international back unscathed and the timing is a bit tight so hope they will give their all. I am fully expected Zouma to slot straight in defence replacing Dawson as we need to tighten up at the back and we could give Areola a chance but will see how Fabianksi get on. Vlasic could start on the bench so does Kral. At least we are in stronger strength in depth on the bench.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

Let give a good game and I am feeling more confident in defence than the last game out.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Excellent intro Ibbs and it's a good job our game is scheduled for Sunday as all the team (exceptions Cresswell and Bowen) are all away on Int duty with Antonio (playing midfield) for Jamaica thursday 14:00.

Which suggests to me, there might be changes a foot. And let's not overlook the group H fixture on thursday Sept 16, in Zagreb. to fit into the equation.

Impossible to guess what David Moyes will do personnel wise, as he approaches these things, with his own methods and a degree of tactiturn uncertainty .

Let's however make a (foolhardy) prediction and suggest that Craig Dawson will feature and with him Jarod Bowen. We might even welcome back Arthur Masuaku if the manager decides to setup with a three.

I'm hopefull for an away win, say 0-2 but wouldn't be surprised with a draw. And DM better get his substitutions right, as a lot of those guys will be running on empty after 60 mins. And we all know which ones...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:20 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:45 pm Hope to get all our players from international back unscathed and the timing is a bit tight so hope they will give their all. I am fully expected Zouma to slot straight in defence replacing Dawson as we need to tighten up at the back and we could give Areola a chance but will see how Fabianksi get on. Vlasic could start on the bench so does Kral. At least we are in stronger strength in depth on the bench.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

Let give a good game and I am feeling more confident in defence than the last game out.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Excellent intro Ibbs and it's a good job our game is scheduled for Sunday as all the team (exceptions Cresswell and Bowen) are all away on Int duty with Antonio (playing midfield) for Jamaica thursday 14:00.

Which suggests to me, there might be changes a foot. And let's not overlook the group H fixture on thursday Sept 16, in Zagreb. to fit into the equation.

Impossible to guess what David Moyes will do personnel wise, as he approaches these things, with his own methods and a degree of tactiturn uncertainty .

Let's however make a (foolhardy) prediction and suggest that Craig Dawson will feature and with him Jarod Bowen. We might even welcome back Arthur Masuaku if the manager decides to setup with a three.

I'm hopefull for an away win, say 0-2 but wouldn't be surprised with a draw. And DM better get his substitutions right, as a lot of those guys will be running on empty after 60 mins. And we all know which ones...
Cheers mate, West Ham away at Southampton on Saturday 3pm and Antonio is already back as he can't participate Jamaica next game due to red list country so he should be back with us. Looking forward to see Vlasic but he will be on sub bench until he is fully ready. Hope our defence will be tighter this time with Zouma in place of Dawson. Hope Rice will be subbed around 70th minutes mark today to give him a bit of a rest.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:50 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Cheers mate, West Ham away at Southampton on Saturday 3pm and Antonio is already back as he can't participate Jamaica next game due to red list country so he should be back with us. Looking forward to see Vlasic but he will be on sub bench until he is fully ready. Hope our defence will be tighter this time with Zouma in place of Dawson. Hope Rice will be subbed around 70th minutes mark today to give him a bit of a rest.
I didn't know these key details, which is why your better placed to author the official threads while I type incorrect tripe,like a monkey with Alzheimer's...if only I had downloaded the One football app...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:00 pm
I didn't know these key details, which is why your better placed to author the official threads while I type incorrect tripe,like a monkey with Alzheimer's...if only I had downloaded the One football app...
No worries mate, I preferred this match on a Sunday than Saturday as our players returning from international will not be 100% focus.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:00 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

We know how Moyes plays it .

It takes time for newbies to convince him that they are “ready” for the big bad Premier League .

It took him HOW long to blood Bowen for instance ?

And the fact this follows the ridiculous international fortnite will only add to the caution .

Interesting that the Europa follows almost immediately though .

Something has to give .
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:37 pm We know how Moyes plays it .

It takes time for newbies to convince him that they are “ready” for the big bad Premier League .

And the fact this follows the ridiculous international fortnite will only add to the caution .

Something has to give .
And unfortunately it could be the twanging sound of a snapping hamstring

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:37 pm We know how Moyes plays it .

Something has to give .
And unfortunately it could be the twanging sound of a snapping hamstring
Legs like duelling banjos...