Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by hd1 »

Well that was a pretty dull and uninspiring game.

Positives - our away support was a good as ever and Southamptons prawn sandwiches are infinitely better than West Ham's and as always a good night out in Southampton after.

Agree that the red card could do us a favour as it now forces Moyes to play a different system. Pretty sure Antonio will play in Croatia as well.

palerider

Post by palerider »

hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:00 pm Well that was a pretty dull and uninspiring game.

Positives - our away support was a good as ever and Southamptons prawn sandwiches are infinitely better than West Ham's and as always a good night out in Southampton after.

Agree that the red card could do us a favour as it now forces Moyes to play a different system. Pretty sure Antonio will play in Croatia as well.
I never eat or drink in the ground so I wasn't aware they did prawn sarnies but they'll be prawn substitute to maximise profits.

Those crab stick things.....or worse.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:00 pm Well that was a pretty dull and uninspiring game.

I reckon that would have been the plan anyway .

Might as well go for it in Zagreb as we won’t need our forwards next weekend anyway.
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:12 pm

I never eat or drink in the ground so I wasn't aware they did prawn sarnies but they'll be prawn substitute to maximise profits.

Joking aside we were in the Aspire lounge and it was very nice!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Castiron wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:44 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:33 pm Had this match was on a Sunday afternoo, we would be more sharper and kill them off.

Never like to play on Saturday straight after international.
Always used to be 3pm on a Saturday. Moyes has done a lot of good, but today I think he played right into Saints hands.
I just wish only 2 international games per break than 3 with first one on Friday and 2nd one on Tuesday so that give us leeway like in the past as playing on a Wednesday before domestic fixtures is crazy and only have to look at leagues in Europe that most of them are on Saturday night to Sunday regardless some big clubs in European Cups games. Juventus lost yesterday cos the players are too tired.

Hope after Qatar 2022, to get less international matches will do but I can't see that happening.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:30 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:12 pm

Joking aside we were in the Aspire lounge and it was very nice!
Private dining and complimentary bar - very nice. Locally sourced produce with fish so fresh from the sea,they wink at you,when delivered to your table.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:14 pm Reading this thread and it's clear a lot of you boys can't analyse a game and the issues within.
No worries. I will help.

Today
Antonio - It happened before and it's happened again. All gone to his head and now thinks he can play. He can't. He is a one dimensional battering ram and not a good footballer. When he tries to play football and doesn't give 100%, like today, it's embarrassing.
Ogbonna - I called it before the season. Time caught up with him and will be a liability this season, like today.
Soucek - Donkey. Embarrassing in possession. When he doesn't score he ain't worth a rub of soap. Appalling today.
Rice - Ego out of control and playing for himself not the team. Summed up when he wasted a good free kick because he wanted to shoot. Should have sold him in summer.
Dawson - League 1 player, as I stated when he signed.

100% fact.
watched the highlights ...unless i missed something we drew? ..oh well just have to accept the alternate reality that we are shit and sitting bottom of the league..what a shit start to the season moyes out .. i guess.

h69

Post by h69 »

A lot of empty seats there on Saturday. I suspect that their negative football might be taking its toll.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

First away game for a long long time for me.

Loved it.

Southampton didn't want to play football just camp out and hit us on the break. Nearly worked.

Atmosphere was good but not a fan of the stupid Spurs song that was sung far too much. Rather focus on us than them losing.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:52 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:58 pm

I heard he hardly played.
Much the same as today then. ;)
Not like you have had an agenda against Benrahama since we signed him is it ;)

Hardly got a kick today but neither did Antonio and he was Player of the Month