Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope to get all our players from international back unscathed and the timing is a bit tight so hope they will give their all. I am fully expected Zouma to slot straight in defence replacing Dawson as we need to tighten up at the back and we could give Areola a chance but will see how Fabianksi get on. Vlasic could start on the bench so does Kral. At least we are in stronger strength in depth on the bench.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

Let give a good game and I am feeling more confident in defence than the last game out.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Can’t see anything but a win here. Beat them convincingly the last few meetings with them and now they’re without Ings. Yeah they got Armstrong in who scored on his bebut and they still have the threat of Ward-Prowse set pieces but I think we’ll be too strong for them again ⚒
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Nice to see the PL back, specially after the Internationals. I was surprised how quick they came round. Though a short break might be good for
the players.

Would love to see a high score and keeps us remaining at the top. :)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Noni wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:41 pm Nice to see the PL back, specially after the Internationals. I was surprised how quick they came round. Though a short break might be good for
the players.

Problem is mate the top players haven’t had a break Sam will have played three games and spent a lot of time travelling.

Fucking internationals. ☹️
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:45 pm
Noni wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:41 pm Nice to see the PL back, specially after the Internationals. I was surprised how quick they came round. Though a short break might be good for
the players.

Problem is mate the top players haven’t had a break Sam will have played three games and spent a lot of time travelling.

I agree.

It's alright for City and the big 3,they can rotate,we can't.

It's going to be a massive factor this season for us.There will be a few results this season that will piss our fan base off,because of tiredness.You can have the best XI in the world,but it will eventually bite you on the arse playing games for club and country,twice week after week.

We could easy lose this one...Not saying,we will,but I will not be surprised at all.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:02 pm

I agree.

It's going to be a massive factor this season for us.There will be a few results this season that will piss our fan base off,because of tiredness.You can have the best XI in the world,but it will eventually bite you on the arse playing games for club and country,twice week after week.

We could easy lose this one...Not saying,we will,but I will not be surprised at all.
I hate this international break. Just as the league gets started they stop and fuck off round the world. So pleased the PL is back as I get bored by these qualifiers and I am looking forward to my first away game in 18 months. Happy days.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:02 pm

I agree.

I'm not too familiar with Southampton's squad but I imagine they have had a few of their players away on international duty as well. Probably applies to most PL clubs. The African Nations Cup is normally the stinger. Takes place in the middle of the season and can take players away from their clubs for up to 5 weeks.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, the trouble with last minute signings/loans is they don't have a chance to settle in, this game would be a good opener for new players, let's hope everyone comes home unscathed or we may be in trouble.
Forgot to mention I like their manager.

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Confident west ham 3 Southampton 0
New blokes I'm hoping they're giving a chance and prove there worth in improving the side