Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

think Ben is a confidence player and doubts his ability

could be the new signing has made him over think his game again and worry about being dropped, keeps playing like this and he will be, shame as on his day his unplayable

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Not going to analyse the performances of late to much , the internationals are not helping and we just don't have the squad to use ( as of yet ) . We still haven't lost a match so can't be to hard on the lads , though still think Moyes could have helped earlier by using the bench better .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:41 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:52 am

Much the same as today then. ;)
Not like you have had an agenda against Benrahma since we signed him is it ;)

Hardly got a kick today but neither did Antonio and he was Player of the Month
I have no agenda against Benrahma at all tbh although I did think last season he was, generally speaking, fairly average at best and could never understand the clamour for his inclusion. This season however, yesterday apart, and he wasn't the only one as you point out I thought he was very poor. But the only reason I mentioned him specifically in this post was because he was mentioned by the poster I replied to.

As for these Player/Manager of the Month Awards I've lost count of the number of times one of our lot has picked one up and it's been followed by an embarrassing defeat so maybe Antonio's performance shouldn't have come as a total surprise. ;)

But back to Benrahma. I'll admit to having reservations about him when he joined but his recent performances give me hope that my misgivings were unfounded and that he'll go on to have a decent career with us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 am
only1salty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:41 am

Not like you have had an agenda against Benrahma since we signed him is it ;)

Hardly got a kick today but neither did Antonio and he was Player of the Month
I have no agenda against Benrahma at all tbh although I did think last season he was, generally speaking, fairly average at best and could never understand the clamour for his inclusion. This season however, yesterday apart, and he wasn't the only one as you point out I thought he was very poor. But the only reason I mentioned him specifically in this post was because he was mentioned by the poster I replied to.

As for these Player/Manager of the Month Awards I've lost count of the number of times one of our lot has picked one up and it's been followed by an embarrassing defeat so maybe Antonio's performance shouldn't have come as a total surprise. ;)

But back to Benrahma. I'll admit to having reservations about him when he joined but his recent performances give me hope that my misgivings were unfounded and that he'll go on to have a decent career with us.
I get your point regarding Benrahma last season, but considering he was up against bias towards the loanee who was played in front of him and his lack of minutes your outcome was inevitable.
As for Mickys award, I think he is an inspiration, I do I really do, an inspiration to all of us mere mortals who also cannot control or pass the ball properly.