Are the media trying to brainwash us?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Are the media trying to brainwash us?

Post by terrya1965 »

You have all the BLM stuff and you also have women's Football.

The media are trying to make out we ALL love Women's Football and we are all in to it and can't get enough of it..

Media outlets eg BBC/Sky are trying to treat it like it`s similar to the men's game.I would say a massive contingent of Football fans have no or little interest in their game.

Then we have loads of women co-commentating on the men's game,instead of men ,who have played men's football.I just don't get it.They should be covering women's Football.

I have nothing against women's Football and I wish them all the luck in the world with their game,but I just feel we are having it stuffed down our throats from the woke Brigade,thinking and trying to brainwash the public that both games are on a similar level..

JayK

Re: Are the media trying to brainwash us?

Post by JayK »

I don’t think it’s brainwashing Tel. Just trying to raise its profile. Is that coz of the media or was it a request or goal from the F.A or government?

I don’t read about it or watch it so it don’t bother me. Although some of the bird commentators seriously just need to fuck off and make a sandwich
COYI!!!

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

I fail to understand why people don't want women as commentators. Having been a professional football playing man doesn't automatically make you a good commentator. Having game knowledge, analytical ability, a professional media approach etc. does, and this can be achieved regardless of gender..

When a commentator speaks you should focus on what they are saying instead of being hung up on who is saying what.

So many people get worked up about stuff that doesn't matter, like it´s different if a man or a woman says something.

What I can't stand is when commentators get facts wrong, and here in Sweden the quality of coverage sure as fuck has improved since more women, along with former referees or whoever can actually do the job properly instead of the same 5 man.utd fans each and every game like it was 10 years ago.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’ve noticed Sky pushing their women’s football things quite a bit this week but it doesn’t interest me and I won’t be watching or subscribing to any of it so I don’t really give a shit .

And the BBC can fuck off full stop .

So , as some tart comedian once said .. Bothered ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

As I've said before, it's the 21st century and why shouldn't there be extended coverage of the women's game, however I do feel that the drinks breaks in the men's game should be longer in the female version and not be for drinks but for ironing.

There's something about that Karen Carney though. Sort the teeth out and a bit of lippy and she can pop round for some keepy-uppies any time she likes.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:18 am I’ve noticed Sky pushing their women’s football things quite a bit this week but it doesn’t interest me and I won’t be watching or subscribing to any of it so I don’t really give a shit .

Wrong side of the bed again ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

They can bum it up all they like ,couldn’t give a fuck about women’s football never have never will.

Noni

Post by Noni »

I'm sure if the women were naked, you would vote for the commentator genre.... :lol:

Not much football watching though!.... ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:57 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:18 am I’ve noticed Sky pushing their women’s football things quite a bit this week but it doesn’t interest me and I won’t be watching or subscribing to any of it so I don’t really give a shit .

Wrong side of the bed again ? ;)
Nah , far from it , it just doesn’t interest me . It’s about as exciting as formula 1 .
There are reasons Sky and the Beeb keep plugging this and it’s fuck all to do with football so I avoid both out of principle .
If I can’t find alternative coverage to Sky in what I DO want to watch then I don’t watch it simples.
;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Noni

Post by Noni »

Football, F1 and the olympics, it's all to do with the media and coverage. Money talks!.

Lend me fiver!! :lol: