Highlight footage

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Highlight footage

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:19 pm

I didn’t realise these links were here. Just went to watch one and it said I might need a vpn to watch it. Is it recommended I have a vpn thingy to watch these?
Dunno mate tbh .

I doubt Sky (for example) would be happy you viewing their material for free when they could charge you for it .

Especially if Sky is your internet provider.

And they WILL know . Somehow.

Same goes for BT .

More so with live streams than playback though .

Vpn hides whatever you stream.
You are right. But I watch games using the LA Deportes Kodi add on that I've mentioned before, without a VPN. I do subscribe to Sky/BT (thru Virgin Media) but I use the app to watch the games that aren't picked for showing, usually the 15.00 kick offs. The " we recommend this vpn" stuff you get is, at least imo, just click bait to get their commission for referrals.

I suppose I could get done for "stealing" a broadcast if someone was bloody minded enough. Although my argument, m'lud, would be that, as I'm only "illegally" watching the games that aren't available to me as a paying customer, because of the Premier Leagues ruling that 15.00 kick offs can't be shown live, I am innocent of all charges. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:27 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Dunno mate tbh .

I doubt Sky (for example) would be happy you viewing their material for free when they could charge you for it .

Especially if Sky is your internet provider.

And they WILL know . Somehow.

Same goes for BT .

More so with live streams than playback though .

Vpn hides whatever you stream.
You are right. But I watch games using the LA Deportes Kodi add on that I've mentioned before, without a VPN. I do subscribe to Sky/BT (thru Virgin Media) but I use the app to watch the games that aren't picked for showing, usually the 15.00 kick offs. The " we recommend this vpn" stuff you get is, at least imo, just click bait to get their commission for referrals.

I suppose I could get done for "stealing" a broadcast if someone was bloody minded enough. Although my argument, m'lud, would be that, as I'm only "illegally" watching the games that aren't available to me as a paying customer, because of the Premier Leagues ruling that 15.00 kick offs can't be shown live, I am innocent of all charges. ;)
That is a fair point .

Mind you , did you not tell me that all the tv stations worldwide such as NBC , DAZN etc take sky feeds ?

Mind you I dunno how that would work …
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:27 pm

That is a fair point .

Mind you , did you not tell me that all the tv stations worldwide such as NBC , DAZN etc take sky feeds ?

I think Sky provide the actual coverage of the games and sell them to the other networks. Otherwise you couldn’t move inside the stadium for broadcasting equipment. ;)

But as it’s not part of the paid for package I’m not sure I’m technically stealing it. If you’re concerned about anonymity have you thought about using the TOR browser ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:50 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:40 pm

That is a fair point .

I think Sky provide the actual coverage of the games and sell them to the other networks. Otherwise you couldn’t move inside the stadium for broadcasting equipment. ;)

But as it’s not part of the paid for package I’m not sure I’m technically stealing it. If you’re concerned about anonymity have you thought about using the TOR browser ?
Tbh I’d never heard of it .

But I’ve just looked it up .

https://clario.co/blog/tor-vs-vpn-comparison/
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:01 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Tbh I’d never heard of it .

But I’ve just looked it up .

https://clario.co/blog/tor-vs-vpn-comparison/
Apparently the go to browser if you want to hire a hit man or place a bulk order for some of Colombia's finest nose candy.l

JayK

Post by JayK »

Tim, this might be good. Dunno how soon they upload the games though. Got it from Tone

https://fullmatchsreplay.com/premier-league/
COYI!!!

Raul0

Post by Raul0 »

Sky, for instance, wouldn't likely be pleased with you watching their content for free when they might charge you.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Raul0 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:30 pm Sky, for instance, wouldn't likely be pleased with you watching their content for free when they might charge you.
Yep vpn order of the day
Bring back Jonathon !

course123

Post by course123 »

I think Sky provide the actual coverage of the games and sell them to the other networks. Otherwise you couldn’t move inside the stadium for broadcasting equipment.

Raul0

Post by Raul0 »

You're correct. But I don't use a VPN when I watch sports using the LA Deportes Kodi add-on that I previously indicated. Even though I have a Sky/BT subscription (through Virgin Media), I use the app to view games that aren't selected for television, typically the 15.00 kickoffs. The "we recommend this vpn" material you receive is, at least in my opinion, merely click bait to increase their referral revenue.