Is Ronaldo re- joining Man U being overhyped?We bloody know it is.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Is Ronaldo re- joining Man U being overhyped?We bloody know it is.

Post by terrya1965 »

There are many Ronaldo fans that point at Messi and say,his never gone and tested himself at different clubs,while CR has.

You would have thought that CR played for some average sides during his career the way some speak?

Let's look at the facts.

Man U were up there with very best,when he was there first time round.

Real Madrid were up there with Barcelona,one and two in world football.

Juve had won NINE titles in a row before last year and were always big contenders to win the CL

Man U 2021 is the worst team his EVER played for.but they have some World Class players.Many would say on paper,the best in the PL

For me,they are just missing that World Class manager.I know this is going to sound controversial, but that world class manager WOULDN'T have signed CR.The reason I say that,a class manager wouldn't want a team to be all about one player.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 pm There are many Ronaldo fans that point at Messi and say,his never gone and tested himself at different clubs,while CR has.

You would have thought that CR played for some average sides during his career the way some speak?

Let's look at the facts.

Juve had won NINE titles in a row before last year and were always big contenders to win the CL

Man U 2021 is the worst team his EVER played for.but they have some World Class players.Many would say on paper,the best in the PL

For me,they are just missing that World Class manager.I know this is going to sound controversial, but that world class manager WOULDN'T have signed CR.The reason I say that,a class manager wouldn't want a team to be all about one player.
Don’t take this the wrong way Tel , but you are letting your hatred of Manchester United and the blanket CR7 Arse licking media blinker your judgement a tad …. Almost to the stage where you are beginning to actually sound jealous :D

Would you have strongly disapproved if Moyes had secured his signature for this season ?

I know I wouldn’t have .

It’s being pedantic maybe but do you really think Nacional (Portuguese 2nd division) and Sporting Lisbon were better teams than ManU 2021 ? Are Manure REALLY the worst team he’s ever played in ?

At Lisbon , and let’s not forget he only played 20 or so games for them , scoring just 3 goals , he was widely regarded as probably THE most promising winger in world football.
Alex Ferguson invested in him ( metaphorically speaking) and nurtured that talent and probably turned him into the greatest winger in the world .

His time in firstly Madrid and then Turin playing with many of the worlds best players enabled those clubs to turn him into a lethal CF .

Imo his dedication to his craft , his determination to stick to his diet and fitness regime ensure that he is STILL one of if not THE best player in the world unlike Messi whose career slowly began to slide downwards coinciding with Barca’s .

Yes the press saturation and television media obsession with the man IS fucking annoying but is he overhyped ?

No way , he’s fantastic and I wish we had him .

Old as he is.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 pm There are many Ronaldo fans that point at Messi and say,his never gone and tested himself at different clubs,while CR has.

Let's look at the facts.

Don’t take this the wrong way Tel , but you are letting your hatred of Manchester United and the blanket CR7 Arse licking media blinker your judgement a tad …. Almost to the stage where you are beginning to actually sound jealous :D

Would you have strongly disapproved if Moyes had secured his signature for this season ?

I know I wouldn’t have .

It’s being pedantic maybe but do you really think Nacional (Portuguese 2nd division) and Sporting Lisbon were better teams than ManU 2021 ? Are Manure REALLY the worst team he’s ever played in ?

At Lisbon , and let’s not forget he only played 20 or so games for them , scoring just 3 goals , he was widely regarded as probably THE most promising winger in world football.
Alex Ferguson invested in him ( metaphorically speaking) and nurtured that talent and probably turned him into the greatest winger in the world .

His time in firstly Madrid and then Turin playing with many of the worlds best players enabled those clubs to turn him into a lethal CF .

Imo his dedication to his craft , his determination to stick to his diet and fitness regime ensure that he is STILL one of if not THE best player in the world unlike Messi whose career slowly began to slide downwards coinciding with Barca’s .

Yes the press saturation and television media obsession with the man IS fucking annoying but is he overhyped ?

No way , he’s fantastic and I wish we had him .

Old as he is.
Look back in the thread and you will see the admiration I have for Ronaldo..He has been one of the best players ever I the history of the sport.
He WAS the complete all round centre forward,who could
nearly do everything. The one thing he .wasn't is be technically better than Messi...So who would yiu rather see at West Ham,Messi or CR?
I would take Messi all day long,but I will understand the argument for CR.
Do you think that OLS is the manager that will get the best out of the talent at old Trafford..I don't. I think this Man U squad is has good has any in our League,but don't see himgettimg anywhere the big trophies that the the United fans desire.

I speak how I feel Tim.
I do detest them their arrogant fans to how they have cheated us over the years and laugh in our faces.

You did make me laugh out loud when you mentioned his career before United..So petty.

I will try not to upset you United and Ronaldo lovers on here,so won't be replying to this thread again.

papawhisky

Post by papawhisky »

Terry, you are possibly the most reasonable poster on here so your last effort was beneath you. Clearly the current Man Utd team is not the weakest that Ronaldo has ever played for. He has progressed ridiculously since he first turned pro. United the first time around was just part of that progression.
As for the Messi/ Ronaldo debate. Two different players, but Messi needs other players on his wavelength to make the most of his brilliance. Ronaldo just does it with or without others. As someone who watched Shearer in his heyday, the single bloody mindedness of Ronaldo sets him apart. He makes himself better than he should have been. Messi also fought against the odds to make it but has taken a relatively easy road since

h69

Post by h69 »

In my opinion, he will score 20 goals+ this season. He is a phenomenon, does not need a manager to motivate him or make him play well and carried Portugal nearly single handedly to a Euros.

I am a big Messi fan but I think they are both equally as impactful but have different styles.

The issue Man Utd have is that Fernandes is a super player, Varane is decent (no more than that) and Pogba turns up once in a blue moon. Other than that, the rest of the team are average and so it would be difficult for them to win a title. Not saying its impossible, just difficult. They need more than Ronaldo

He is hyped but that is because he is a 5 time Ballon d'Or winner and has probably been brought in to sell merchandise (Messi going to PSG caused 1 million shirts to be sold in the first 2 days).

Remember though that Liverpool and Man Utd are the Premier League love children and the PL chairman years ago admitted that the brand was not so good when Man Utd were poor so having Ronaldo here suits the PL. I am surprised they didnt pay his wages :lol:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

He's not met Dawson yet......

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:30 pm He's not met Dawson yet......
Dawson will probably miss him. Ffs

Anyway Hate Red Phoney Mancs.

Don’t like Ronaldo as a personality, however you want to see the best players and I for one look forward to watching him on Sunday.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Of course had Manchester United not wasted £73M on the unnecessary acquistion of Jaydon Sancho and diverted that money to toning the engine of the team by purchasing Kalvin Phillips or Declan Rice, then plonking the cherry on the cake that is Ronaldo, would seem a great creation.

Instead you have a cake with a nasty marzipan centre with too many dolly-mixtures scattered on the icing with a pretty cherry, disguising what remains beneath.

It's not inedible but no one wants a second slice

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

The bookies are not giving us a chance in hell..We are 7/2 with Sky bet.

You would have thought they were Barcelona of 2011

I make them favourites,but they obviously haven't taken notice of how we are playing.

I suppose it's the media that have the punters that have helped make these odds.

Let's prove them wrong Irons.

h69

Post by h69 »

He hasn't fucking changed, the whining prima donna. I thought all that petulance had gone but clearly not.