West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:05 am Going 10 men may well have changed the game but we were the better team anyway
That was the most emphatic win in our last meetings with Leicester. Play like that and another 4 nil win against Crystal Phallus at the weekend is on the cards.

Quite remarkable how everybody has stepped up and looks so assured. When over half the team are putting in 8s out of 10 performances, this team looks
bloody tasty.

And seeing the manager with the players all smiling on the pitch afterwards, revealed the good vibe coursing through the team. That foundation looks to be based on trust, finally. We are defintely one of the best two teams in London and one of the best five in the league, on form and on performance.

He's not the Messiah,he's a fawlty boy - but long may the fun continue...

Noni

Post by Noni »

Just like the look of this. :D
Attachments
5482089e-9940-4ea0-89e9-d99aaf195b85.png.jpeg
5482089e-9940-4ea0-89e9-d99aaf195b85.png.jpeg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

hamstew wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:29 am I thought we were meant to be shit when the fans returned in full capacity? :roll: Fantastic win and top of the table for the time being!
Looks like we are even better with the fans attending .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:13 am Am I the only cunt with feet placed firmly on the ground.
Good performance against 10 men, sending off changed the game.
Come on Garnett , let us enjoy it while it lasts mate .

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:37 am
JayK wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:05 am Going 10 men may well have changed the game but we were the better team anyway
That was the most emphatic win in our last meetings with Leicester. Play like that and another 4 nil win against Crystal Phallus at the weekend is on the cards.

Quite remarkable how everybody has stepped up and looks so assured. When over half the team are putting in 8s out of 10 performances, this team looks
bloody tasty.

And seeing the manager with the players all smiling on the pitch afterwards, revealed the good vibe coursing through the team. That foundation looks to be based on trust, finally. We are defintely one of the best two teams in London and one of the best five in the league, on form and on performance.

He's not the Messiah,he's a fawlty boy - but long may the fun continue...
Absolutely BD. I think this team is more together than the impressive Payet team. It’s lovely to see and my mates boy last season ditched arsenal for West Ham. I don’t normally condone stuff like that but he’s a kid and clearly has his wiring right
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:51 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 am

My feet are still on the ground but I can't agree the sending off changed the game. We were well on top before Perez went off and could have been 2 or 3 up by then. Very little threat from Leicester last night I thought.

Couldn't agree with Antonio as MOTM though. He was excellent in the second half but imo the reason we weren't 2 or 3 up when the sending off happened.
I actually thought Coufal gave a MOTM performance, but Antonio does so much for the team, not just his goals. A few times he was back in midfield nicking the ball off Ndidi and others, breaking up play.
Scored the 2 all important goals to make it safe, and very decent finishes they were too.
Agree that Coufal stood out last night. Antonio was chalk and cheese last night. I thought he was very poor with his decision making. Could have put other players in on a couple of occasions and totally messed up one shot which went well wide. But in the second half he was immense. Two goals Lukaku would have been proud of and he also deserves credit for being in the right place to capitalise on Soyuncu's error to put in Benrahma for a tap in. And his workrate second half was excellent and, as you say, his tracking back and fighting for the ball were highlights.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:08 am
hamstew wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:29 am I thought we were meant to be shit when the fans returned in full capacity? :roll: Fantastic win and top of the table for the time being!
Looks like we are even better with the fans attending .
Let's hope it continues.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:10 am
garnett wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:13 am Am I the only cunt with feet placed firmly on the ground.
Good performance against 10 men, sending off changed the game.
I am, I did enjoy the game, like I said we played well, but I don't buy the Moyes tactical masterclass nor Antonio is Lukaku in disguise, bring on Palace .

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 am
Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:10 am

I am, I did enjoy the game, like I said we played well, but I don't buy the Moyes tactical masterclass nor Antonio is Lukaku in disguise, bring on Palace .
Antonios first goal was the type that Drogba used to score, you can see he has completely changed his game under Moyes, The second was pure class from a player brimming with confidence. That said, he could have had a couple more and was a bit greedy first half but it seems Moyes tore into him at half time from listening to the post match presser this morning and it worked as he stopped trying to force his goal and had a great second half also showing a cool head to set up Benrahma. I dont think anyone is saying he is Lukaku or Drogba just that those are the kind of centre forward goals they score.

I get you dont like Moyes but we were better than Leicester before the sending off. They huffed and puffed outside our box but we were defensively very organised across the back 4 and Maddison and Barnes especially kept running into bodies when they tried to run at us. We actually looked like we train :lol: .

Leicester had one shot on target all game and that was the goal they scored after the ricochet from Cresswell but we had 7 and always looked dangerous going forward. The interplay between Antonio, Benrahma, Fornals and Bowen (who I thought was superb last night nicking balls off their midfield and playing a kind of inside right) was exciting to watch and it is no surprise that we have scored the most goals in the division so far.

Could not have asked for much more last night and the stadium was rocking. It will be difficult to sustain that but play like that all season and we will have a chance of some serious success.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:50 pm Since Moyes rejoined us in January 2020,we have scored 3+ goals on no fewer than 22 occasions.
but apparently Moyes plays boring football.