West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our superb fight back against Newcastle, West Ham have a fully fit squad and Masuaku is in the squad after he did well in U23 side. Fully expected a unchanged team but defending need to be more sharper as Leicester City will have Maddison, Vardy, Iheanacho in the side so expected a rough side. Last time West Ham record 6 points from 2 games was in 1997-98 season (finished 8th that time) so we need to be ruthless and top guard in defence. Would love a 3-4-2-1 if Masuaku start but expected him to be on the bench.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Ogbonna
Dawson
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

Hope we will give a good game.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Last edited by Ibbyham on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Hmmmm...Drop Oggy....?

Diop IMO should be Infront of Dawson week in week out, as should of been Balbuena

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:40 pm Hmmmm...Drop Oggy....?

Diop IMO should be Infront of Dawson week in week out, as should of been Balbuena
I am not convinced about that. Diop is prone to as many if not more gaffes than Dawson despite his pace.
Just different types of players.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Moyes is going to wish he’d bought Daka

Diop for Dawson
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:40 pm Hmmmm...Drop Oggy....?

Well spotted, I changed it to Ogbonna.

Cheers mate!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:26 pm Moyes is going to wish he’d bought Daka

Diop for Dawson
But Daka might be pleased he didn't. Contrary to a lot of what's written the football transfer market isn't quite the same as Ancient Rome where slaves were bought and sold to the highest bidder. Players can now tell their agents where their preferred move is. And let's be frank, despite Moyes' excellent achievements last season I think most people , even the most die hard West Ham fan, would agree Leicester's business model is several notches above our own. Therefore------
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning fellow Hammers,
Now the euphoria has died down after beating a bang average Newcastle we have a proper test, a bar setter imo.
Make no mistake if we defend like we did Sunday we will be punished, Dawson cannot play against Vardy, which I'm expecting to be the only change.
Give Benrahma the No10 free role and I expect us to open them up but it won't be easy I like and rate Leicester a lot.
If I'm honest I don't really know if we are good enough to turn them over yet, but I'm looking forward to an exciting game, an error and injury free West Ham performance should be able to beat them so let's hope so.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:19 am Morning fellow Hammers,
Now the euphoria has died down after beating a bang average Newcastle we have a proper test, a bar setter imo.
Make no mistake if we defend like we did Sunday we will be punished, Dawson cannot play against Vardy, which I'm expecting to be the only change.
Give Benrahma the No10 free role and I expect us to open them up but it won't be easy I like and rate Leicester a lot.
If I'm honest I don't really know if we are good enough to turn them over yet, but I'm looking forward to an exciting game, an error and injury free West Ham performance should be able to beat them so let's hope so.
Well we beat them twice last season, very comfortably at their place and we should have been comfortable at home but allowed them back in the game. Seem to remember Diop having a goal disallowed for a marginal offside that would have put us 4-0 up. For me the way Fornals took his goal at their place made it a candidate for goal of the season.

But Vardy's pace could be a big problem as you say.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

I can remember at their place it was one of our season best performances and at ours hanging on for dear life having been 3 up.
They came above us by a point so I believe we are very even, it's an on the day scenario.
Respect is given by me.