Big Jesse

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Big Jesse

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:07 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:45 am No thanks , why on earth would we want a AM who will be 29 this season so past his prime with no sell on value , just because he had a ten game purple patch with us . Many fans have said he wasn't getting game time at Utd but he was getting 20 starts most seasons in the league with almost the same amount from the bench , and just wasn't performing . last season he was injured Oct/Dec missing ten games and then joined us on loan .
THREE appearances last season , didn’t play a full game , ALL in cup competitions, most of the time not even in the squad let alone the bench and was injured (knock) for 5 weeks and unavailable for 10 games 6 of which he probably wouldn’t have been considered for.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jesse-l ... rainer_id=

I can understand why you don’t want him at 28 years old + but Moyes wants him Clay .
So much imo that the squad depth elsewhere has suffered as a result .
It just needs him or Man Utd to say no on deadline day and we are officially fucked .

But don’t try & use his stats against him as a reason to give him a wide berth .

He’ll do for me as back up :lol:
I suspect he's the reason we've done no business Tim other than a keeper on loan.

He's the Bugster's guilty obsession. If it takes spunking the entire budget on deadline day so be it, to hell with the fact the tea lady might have to cover up front by November.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:12 am

THREE appearances last season , didn’t play a full game , ALL in cup competitions, most of the time not even in the squad let alone the bench and was injured (knock) for 5 weeks and unavailable for 10 games 6 of which he probably wouldn’t have been considered for.

I can understand why you don’t want him at 28 years old + but Moyes wants him Clay .
It just needs him or Man Utd to say no on deadline day and we are officially fucked .

But don’t try & use his stats against him as a reason to give him a wide berth .

I suspect he's the reason we've done no business Tim other than a keeper on loan.

He's the Bugster's guilty obsession. If it takes spunking the entire budget on deadline day so be it, to hell with the fact the tea lady might have to cover up front by November.
Finally we might have 2 up top
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

And Man Utd know it don’t they . The new Fellani
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:14 am

Don't knock her mate.

Svetlana's 6 foot 5 and bulit like a brick shit house.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:19 am
JayK wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:14 am

Don't knock her mate.

Svetlana's 6 foot 5 and bulit like a brick shit house.
No knockers here mate
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:06 am I was pleasantly surprised with Lingard's impact and work-rate for us. I really had him pegged as a show-pony pretty-boy.

The grace period for Benny is well and truly over. Well paid for the whole season, and only showed a little of the product that should be reasonably expected at the back end of the season.
You look at the likes of Bergkamp, Robert Pires, Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank and Firminio, all of them struggled in their first season of PL football. I'm hoping Benny, like them will adapt and go on to monster it in the PL. He certainly has the ability to be a main man for us this season.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:45 am No thanks , why on earth would we want a AM who will be 29 this season so past his prime with no sell on value , just because he had a ten game purple patch with us . Many fans have said he wasn't getting game time at Utd but he was getting 20 starts most seasons in the league with almost the same amount from the bench , and just wasn't performing . last season he was injured Oct/Dec missing ten games and then joined us on loan .

Last season , as you say he was injured prior to joining us for most of it , but prior to that he had chances in most seasons and never took them , though he had a pretty good one back in 17/18 but never built on it .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Rumour about that the club are making some sort of announcement this evening
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:22 pm Rumour about that the club are making some sort of announcement this evening
Yeah Rice is off to Chelsea 😂

Noni

Post by Noni »

Just saw on the BBC website that Jesse Lingard has rejected a new deal with Manchester United. :shock:

He said he does not want to sit on the bench, according to the report.