Big Jesse

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Big Jesse

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:15 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:02 pm
My view too although the alternative at the time, Vlasic, looks to be as useful as tits on a clothes-horse but give him time I suppose and besides, we can afford M'Bappe in January now.
We should be after the Fulham youngster Fabio Carvalho , a player Rice will see as a long term investment and with all the swagger to make it in the premier league as our number 10 .
My choice as well Clay, ticks all the boxes, young, English, premier League experience and cheap definitely one for the future but needs to be snapped up this window

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:29 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:15 pm

We should be after the Fulham youngster Fabio Carvalho , a player Rice will see as a long term investment and with all the swagger to make it in the premier league as our number 10 .
My choice as well Clay, ticks all the boxes, young, English, premier League experience and cheap definitely one for the future but needs to be snapped up this window
An interesting prospect - what do we think the chances that the scout who Man City got shot of; who is the new head of recruitment at West Ham is even aware of this lad ? That's where the rubber meets the road

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:10 pm With Benny potentially gone for a month I wouldn’t be against us signing him.

Yeah we could wait til July if we really want him but that risks him going somewhere else (Toon) in January.

Preferably though, I hope Vlasic comes good, and soon but we will be a bit short in the attacking department once the Afro cup starts
He will be 29 if we got him so we are not looking to the future here I take it just a quick fix and probably on high wages . Would make more sense to look to the future someone who will be with the club as long as Declan , that man would be Fulham's Fabio Carvalho only 19 and showing all the signs potentially of being a great playmaking shadow striker in the ten role .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:16 am
JayK wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:10 pm With Benny potentially gone for a month I wouldn’t be against us signing him.

Yeah we could wait til July if we really want him but that risks him going somewhere else (Toon) in January.

Preferably though, I hope Vlasic comes good, and soon but we will be a bit short in the attacking department once the Afro cup starts
He will be 29 if we got him so we are not looking to the future here I take it just a quick fix and probably on high wages . Would make more sense to look to the future someone who will be with the club as long as Declan , that man would be Fulham's Fabio Carvalho only 19 and showing all the signs potentially of being a great playmaking shadow striker in the ten role .
Carvalho's going to Barcelona.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Absolutely agree he would only be short term. What he has in his favour is he knows the players and has gelled with them so would hit the ground running, unlike Vlasic and Benny before him.

So it depends if Moyes wants short term immediate impact or long term slow impact. I will leave it up to him as he knows a teeny bit more than me :lol:
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:09 pm

Absolutely agree he would only be short term. What he has in his favour is he knows the players and has gelled with them so would hit the ground running, unlike Vlasic and Benny before him.

So it depends if Moyes wants short term immediate impact or long term slow impact. I will leave it up to him as he knows a teeny bit more than me :lol:
I agree that he would be short term, my worry is that Moyes will play him "whatever"
in place of who, Bowen, Benny or Fornals, even if he is not performing, last time here he deserved to be substituted on a few occasions, but was never brought off.

Is Lingard going to come to us as a squad player .......I doubt it

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 pm

I agree that he would be short term, my worry is that Moyes will play him "whatever"
in place of who, Bowen, Benny or Fornals, even if he is not performing, last time here he deserved to be substituted on a few occasions, but was never brought off.

Exactly this.

In his spell with us he hit the ground running but after a while lost his sparkle yet was kept on regardless.

Bowen, Benny and Fornals have earned the right to be first choices. I'd have Lingard over Vlasic any day but as you say, if he doesn't like it at his boyhood club he's not going to like it with us.

But it's what Moyes thinks that matters.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

We are going to get injuries,don't forget we are involved in lots of competitions.It's not that we have just the PL to concentrate on.

Lingard can always play has the false 9 has well,because Antonio won't play every game either.

I'd be quite happy to see him here again..

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 pm

Yeah that bothered me last time too Andy. But Moyes does that every week when someone should be coming off. End of the day, we need a bit more strength in depth in that area
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:17 am

Carvalho's going to Barcelona.
Wash your mouth out 😲