Antonio - He's Gone

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Antonio - He's Gone

Post by h69 »

9898 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:36 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Yep, you did tell us he wouldn’t score more than PL goals this season.

Wrong again Numbnuts.
1 goal in 8 games for West Ham
6 in 11 games for West Ham in the PL, 1 in Europe and a couple internationally. Very good.

I'd take that kind of strike rate all day.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:46 pm
garnett wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:52 am I don't think the bloke's fishing at all, Antonio is an injury waiting to happen, but clearly our manager thought a loan goalkeeper was our priority.
Anyway let's carry on with our clearout and see what happens.
Was he, I dont think it was a choice between GK and Striker ? I heard that our manager felt that he would not buy a striker for the sake of it rather than one that he actually wanted and we really did need a second keeper (who the fuck cares if he is on loan) as was evidenced in the preseason game v Celtic. We would be out of the Carabao cup by now had it not been for Areola and who says we would have so many points in Europe if Randolph had played.

Antonio's been an injury waiting to happen for the whole quarter of a season we have had so far. As has Rice, Fabianski, Cresswell, Soucek and Coufal (up to the Man Utd game) and Ogbonna up to the Liverpool game. Injuries happen and are part of the game and I am sure we will acquire another striker when the right player comes along.

I've had enough of the types of players we've rushed to buy because they were available like Ajeti, Calleri, Carew, Maiga, Borrielo, Nene, Jelavic, Emenike, Zaza and Hugill. Much prefer to wait until the manager gets the player he wants.
I had to smile when , shortly after Josh King popped in a hat trick for Watford, against Everton, a few posts appeared querying why we didn't sign him. Then I thought back to when he was constantly being linked with us and the numerous posts criticising the club for wanting to sign the bloke, even though there was no official indication there was any real interest in him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

garnett wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:52 am I don't think the bloke's fishing at all, Antonio is an injury waiting to happen, but clearly our manager thought a loan goalkeeper was our priority.
Anyway let's carry on with our clearout and see what happens.
Was he, I dont think it was a choice between GK and Striker ? I heard that our manager felt that he would not buy a striker for the sake of it rather than one that he actually wanted and we really did need a second keeper (who the fuck cares if he is on loan) as was evidenced in the preseason game v Celtic. We would be out of the Carabao cup by now had it not been for Areola and who says we would have so many points in Europe if Randolph had played.

Antonio's been an injury waiting to happen for the whole quarter of a season we have had so far. As has Rice, Fabianski, Cresswell, Soucek and Coufal (up to the Man Utd game) and Ogbonna up to the Liverpool game. Injuries happen and are part of the game and I am sure we will acquire another striker when the right player comes along.

I've had enough of the types of players we've rushed to buy because they were available like Ajeti, Calleri, Carew, Maiga, Borrielo, Nene, Jelavic, Emenike, Zaza and Hugill. Much prefer to wait until the manager gets the player he wants.
But Calleri was Tim’s recommendation 🙈
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm

As was Haller .

Cunt
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:26 pm

As was Haller .

Cunt
:lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

As was Haller .

Cunt
For what it’s worth, I still think Haller is a decent striker. Just a whiney, lazy lamppost cunt for us
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:20 pm

As was Haller .

Cunt
For what it’s worth, I still think Haller is a decent striker. Just a whiney, lazy lamppost cunt for us
Scored another 2 today in CL..,. :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

As was Haller .

Cunt
Haller is still an excellent striker, just wasn’t utilised correctly here.

I’ll back you up Newmarket.

(Just not on Calleri) 😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Towie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm

As was Haller .

Cunt

(Just not on Calleri) 😂
Square peg in a round hole

Still not convinced he would be any good in the prem though, week in week out
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm
Towie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm

(Just not on Calleri) 😂
Square peg in a round hole

Still not convinced he would be any good in the prem though, week in week out
Imo if he was to play in Man City’s team or under Tuchel atChelsea he’d be at least a 20 per season player, injuries permitting. He just wasn’t suited to our style.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?