PAI Capital

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: PAI Capital

Post by hd1 »

So PAI (if you believe Twitter) are about to announce that they are in negotiations to buy the club.

From their website they state;

PAI Capital, headquartered in the UK, is a group of companies and associates in various jurisdictions and industries with private investment vehicles and asset management companies presenting the infrastructure and capacity to provide solutions maximising values for its clients. PAI Capital has companies in its group that are regulated by financial authorities and listed on the stock exchanges of UK, EU, USA, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong and China, amongst others.

There is little or no information about them to be found anywhere, no indication of funds or track record in sport, other then Phillip Beard being a partner and we all know what he did at QPR. Think Hansa Holdings and you'd not be too far wrong, except we knew at the time Gudmundsson had funds and no-one could have predicted the banking crash

It is very difficult to get even a modicum of excitement going over this

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:59 am So PAI (if you believe Twitter) are about to announce that they are in negotiations to buy the club.

From their website they state;

PAI Capital, headquartered in the UK, is a group of companies and associates in various jurisdictions and industries with private investment vehicles and asset management companies presenting the infrastructure and capacity to provide solutions maximising values for its clients. PAI Capital has companies in its group that are regulated by financial authorities and listed on the stock exchanges of UK, EU, USA, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong and China, amongst others.

There is little or no information about them to be found anywhere, no indication of funds or track record in sport, other then Phillip Beard being a partner and we all know what he did at QPR. Think Hansa Holdings and you'd not be too far wrong, except we knew at the time Gudmundsson had funds and no-one could have predicted the banking crash

It is very difficult to get even a modicum of excitement going over this
I can.t be arsed to poke around for company financials but I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

https://pai.capital/
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:02 pm I can.t be arsed to poke around for company financials but I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

I pulled the quote from their website Whisky, but good luck finding any financials given their first 'investment' was only last year.

They are not a wealthy individual buying the club, they are an investment firm whose job it is to acquire and then squeeze the asset.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:02 pm I can.t be arsed to poke around for company financials but I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

I pulled the quote from their website Whisky, but good luck finding any financials given their first 'investment' was only last year.

They are not a wealthy individual buying the club, they are an investment firm whose job it is to acquire and then squeeze the asset.
Increase the debt,dilute the shares. In some ways David Sullivan is quite benign in comparison.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I understand they are supposed to be making some kind of announcement today.
Bring back Jonathon !

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

It makes you wonder why we haven't signed anyone of any note yet, apart from a few youngsters and the nipple goalkeeper on loan :? :!:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:25 pm I understand they are supposed to be making some kind of announcement today.
Mr Skinner has promised to use Twitter as the official conduit of all takeover news and will be tweeting latest developments Friday morning in the Twittersphere, not just the Financial Times.

Towie

Post by Towie »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:26 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:25 pm I understand they are supposed to be making some kind of announcement today.
Mr Skinner has promised to use Twitter as the official conduit of all takeover news and will be tweeting latest developments Friday morning in the Twittersphere, not just the Financial Times.

Frank Skinner’s new fantasy football game?

Guess the bid?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

48 hours is a long time in a day. :?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

5th August 2021
PAI Capital can confirm that we have reached the core principles of agreement with LLDC regarding a long term lease over the London Stadium that would see PAI taking full control of the Stadium. This would be on condition of PAI successfully concluding a deal for majority control with the current owners of WHU. The Stadium needs to be a home of which the Club and its fans can be proud. The Boleyn has gone, times move on and with the right adjustments - and under single ownership - we believe that this Stadium can meet the needs of fans old and new. It will require changes to the configuration within the Stadium itself, as well as extended facilities for fans in and around the ground, that will significantly improve the match day experience.

As things stand, divergent interests prevent the Stadium from reaching its full potential – despite it attracting the biggest events in sport and entertainment. The current arrangement between the Stadium owners and the club limit opportunities to integrate the Club and the Stadium into the Olympic Park as a whole. Our vision is for the Club’s interests and activities to be integrated with those of the entire Park - friends and families coming to watch men’s, women’s or Academy matches should be able to enjoy everything the area has to offer instead of being shuffled from station to seat and back again.

The agreement in principle has been developed with input from some of the most experienced people in the sport and entertainment space. At this stage it rightly focuses on the outlines plans for purchasing the Club, then the Stadium, but we also believe that further discussions can explore how the club can best contribute to enhance and maximise usage of the Park both for the benefit of the Club and for the wider east London community.

Phil Beard of PAI states: “In summary, we are pursuing an ambitious and complex deal. There has been too much controversy and contention over the past few years. We genuinely believe that the Club, Stadium and Park will thrive when the stakeholders are all pulling in the same direction. The only thing holding us back for now is the reluctance of the Club’s owners to engage in constructive and realistic negotiations. We believe they are willing to sell, and hope we can make progress in the coming weeks.”

Nasib Piriyev of PAI adds: “We do not underestimate the challenge - nor the importance - of running a football club. We have an experienced, dedicated team in place for this aspect, with ambassadors of the Club playing a key role to ensure that we stay true to the claret and blue traditions. We cannot recreate Fortress Upton Park at the London Stadium, but we can make significant improvements to the configuration, the catering and hospitality, and the transition from station to stadium for the fans. Moreover, we intend to stay loyal to the core values of the Club. To that end, we are delighted that the likes of Rio Ferdinand have agreed to be involved.”

Rio Ferdinand confirmed his commitment to the project: “We love this Club with a passion, both Anton and I are really happy that PAI want to come in and help improve the experience for fans, and I’m delighted they have asked us to play a big part in the Club if their bid succeeds. Obviously we know what this Club means to the community and how much the fans want to continue to see homegrown talent come through into the first team. It’ll be an honour to be able to give something back to a Club that means so much to me, Anton and our family.”

PAI Capital hope to be able to engage positively and openly with the Club’s fans in due course, but cannot share details on strategy, vision and budgets until a deal has been concluded with the Club’s current owners.