Takeover bid

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Takeover bid

Post by garnett »

Morning, interesting stuff, as much as I want to see the back of GSB I'm quite happy to wait and see what their proposals are regarding the CLUB, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the park.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:44 am Morning, interesting stuff, as much as I want to see the back of GSB I'm quite happy to wait and see what their proposals are regarding the CLUB, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the park.
Tbh I'd be more concerned with the cock up Beard was involved with at QPR. That didn't end well.

I can't help thinking back 25 years or so to Manchester City who, at the time, were owned by a very unpopular bloke called Peter Swales. Various City "legends" (fuck me I hate that word) got behind a campaign led by Francis Lee to take over the club. The fans really got behind the bid, Swales sold up, Francis Lee became chairman ---------and within three years City had dropped into the old third division.

Everyone seems to be excited about the fact that Tony Cottee, allegedly, is one of the ex players onside with this consortium. Cottee was one of the best strikers we've had at the club but does he have any experience of running a football club.

About the same as Francis Lee I'm guessing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:17 am
garnett wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:44 am Morning, interesting stuff, as much as I want to see the back of GSB I'm quite happy to wait and see what their proposals are regarding the CLUB, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the park.
Tbh I'd be more concerned with the cock up Beard was involved with at QPR. That didn't end well.

I can't help thinking back 25 years or so to Manchester City who, at the time, were owned by a very unpopular bloke called Peter Swales. Various City "legends" (fuck me I hate that word) got behind a campaign led by Francis Lee to take over the club. The fans really got behind the bid, Swales sold up, Francis Lee became chairman ---------and within three years City had dropped into the old third division.

Everyone seems to be excited about the fact that Tony Cottee, allegedly, is one of the ex players onside with this consortium. Cottee was one of the best strikers we've had at the club but does he have any experience of running a football club.

Francis Lee moved into the toilet roll manufacturing business - always a wise move if your in the shit

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm going on a 'Legends' tour of the ILS on October 17th. My daughter bought it for me. I'd have preferred socks but there you go.

The Legend doing the tour is TC.

I'll ask him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 am I'm going on a 'Legends' tour of the ILS on October 17th. My daughter bought it for me. I'd have preferred socks but there you go.

I'll ask him.
Legends FFS.

Why don't we just call them feet ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 am I'm going on a 'Legends' tour of the ILS on October 17th. My daughter bought it for me. I'd have preferred socks but there you go.

I'll ask him.
While you're there see if you can locate the little shitcunt and drop kick him in to the canal.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

garnett

Post by garnett »

I'm willing to hear him/them out, hopefully learned from previous mistakes, living is a learning curve for us all.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

garnett wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am

I'm willing to hear him/them out, hopefully learned from previous mistakes, living is a learning curve for us all.
With David Sullivan it's more of a maze. He knows he put those transfer funds somewhere - but he can he find them...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I do hope one day we will have better ownership than the dwarfs as the dwarts don't have any ambitions to take our clubs into the Leicester/Chelsea materials and we need a new ownership as other clubs than the big 6 started to get better ownership who has ambitions, like Leeds, Wolves, Aston Villa and Burnley as I don't want us to be behind them.

2 more years to wait and hope someone, like Man City or Leicester ownership type to buy our clubs and move on! West Ham already lost too many players that we want to buy as too much time waster on trying to get them on the cheap., e.g, Eze, Laursen (Danish defender going to Palace instead of us), etc.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.