Rumford

Chat about anything football related here!
BM Jon

Rumford

Post by BM Jon »

Some might remember Chas from earlier posts here a year or 2 ago. He used to organise many away trips with the late Dennis Lepine.

Sadly Chas has been poorly despite an operation and chemotherapy for brain cancer. I've kept in touch with his wife for updates on his condition.

An update on Chas, he wasn't too well at the weekend, the family had to cancel a few days away.

He's a bit better now. Something that Chas has wanted to do is to try and walk a few laps of the LS pitch. We've finally arranged for it to happen this week, with his son and Bill G. Bill will be bringing the Dennis flag. Chas is keen to make the walk memorable and worthwhile for others to benefit so the family has asked if his friends could support his efforts by making a donation to the Saint Francis Hospice in Romford (https://www.sfh.org.uk/donate) . This is also where Dennis Lepine was cared for.

Keep strong big man whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Rumford

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Top bloke is Chas

My best wishes.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Paula Chandler has set up a justgiving page for Chas's walk.

All donations for Saint Francis Hospice: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paula-chandler

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

me and chas go back a good few years keep fighting chas alway's in me and my family's thoughts steve karen and the boy's

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Wish you all the best Chas.
I am 75 next month, so I know my days are numbered as well. :shock:

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Just an update from Chas's family. The total raised through justgiving was £2,869 for Saint Francis Hospice. I know that SFH also received direct donations of a few £100's. They're all very grateful.

For anyone who's going to Newcastle, Chas plans to be at Sunday's game. It'll be great to see him with the travelling fans again whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A sterling effort from Chas and family and Bill G

Well done all
Respect.
whufc_crest