Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Post by Newmarket »

I said at the time that Lingard wasn’t required , that we had enough AM’s already and that there were other , more important positions that needed strengthening.

Now , he did have a big impact which at the time had be holding my hands up and admitting I was wrong .

However some seem to think that without Lingard we wouldn’t have finished 6th .
Now that , we’ll never know , but if I recall we were in 6th or thereabouts in January anyway .

Anybody know for sure ?

I could see exactly this scenario playing out , Lingard had a chance to regain his England place , which he did briefly, and a chance to prove the idiot that is OGS wrong and get his place back at HIS team , the team he has always supported since a nipper.

It’s one of the reasons why I’m so against loaning players without an option to buy afterwards.

I’m against borrowing the French full back from Barca as they are trying to offload wages to get Messi back on board .
As soon as their finances are sorted they’ll want him back and everyone knows it so is he going to give his all for anyone else ?

I’m against borrowing young players from clubs like Chelsea . Why should we develop players for those Cunts ?

It’s different loaning kids out to league 1 & 2 teams isn’t it .

They are under no illusions . They know they are going to get them full time in the end .
If these kids ain’t made it by the time they’re 20 they ain’t going to .
Nathan Holland will be off to Oxford or somewhere shortly .

So the way I see it Loans with no option to buy do fuck all for us except save Sullivan a transfer fee .

There’s 60,000 born every minute obviously.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Lingard was great, hit the ground running and gave us impetus. I think we were 7th prior to his debut for us so in the mix but he kept us there.

A couple of games after Declan was injured though he dropped off the pace. Is he worth buying ? Yes. Is he worth buying for what the Mancs want ? Fuck no.

Benrahma needs to be given the chance this season. I maintain that there's a player in there as long as the Messiah takes his fucking blinkers off. And tbh he'll probably have to as it's unlikely the shyster filth will give him more that a couple of quid to spend.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 am Lingard was great, hit the ground running and gave us impetus. I think we were 7th prior to his debut for us so in the mix but he kept us there.

A couple of games after Declan was injured though he dropped off the pace. Is he worth buying ? Yes. Is he worth buying for what the Mancs want ? Fuck no.

Benrahma needs to be given the chance this season. I maintain that there's a player in there as long as the Messiah takes his fucking blinkers off. And tbh he'll probably have to as it's unlikely the shyster filth will give him more that a couple of quid to spend.
If we look at ball players, Moyes only has Benrahma (rarely used) and Lanzini (occasional cameo). Lingard is at Man U, Anderson sold to Lazio and Yarmolenko soon to depart.

We don't have the elegant playmaker or the striker who can make his own chances without relying on a set piece or a hoof and chase breakaway.
I would like to think Moyes is aware of these deficiencies but I think he sleeps on the otherside of the football mattress in those regards.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 am Lingard was great, hit the ground running and gave us impetus. I think we were 7th prior to his debut for us so in the mix but he kept us there.

There are those amongst us that believe that investment elsewhere in January may have got us into the CL

A striker for instance.

Which 6 months later we are still awaiting.

What are they up to ?

I think I preferred the leaks tbh 😂
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 am I said at the time that Lingard wasn’t required , that we had enough AM’s already and that there were other , more important positions that needed strengthening.

Now , he did have a big impact which at the time had be holding my hands up and admitting I was wrong .

Now that , we’ll never know , but if I recall we were in 6th or thereabouts in January anyway .

Anybody know for sure ?
Of course not. We may have won the games he played in anyway, we may have lost them. As you say we don't know. What we do know however is that in many of those games he contributed a lot towards to win. Which he obviously wouldn't have been able to do if he was still in Manchester.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amI could see exactly this scenario playing out , Lingard had a chance to regain his England place , which he did briefly, and a chance to prove the idiot that is OGS wrong and get his place back at HIS team , the team he has always supported since a nipper.

It’s one of the reasons why I’m so against loaning players without an option to buy afterwards.

I’m against borrowing the French full back from Barca as they are trying to offload wages to get Messi back on board .
As soon as their finances are sorted they’ll want him back and everyone knows it so is he going to give his all for anyone else ?
Like the Lingard situation we just don't know. Some will, some won't. Moyes knew Lingard from previous experience. It's a bit of a lottery, granted, but it is possibl;e to do a bit of digging to find out a bit about someone's character.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amI’m against borrowing young players from clubs like Chelsea . Why should we develop players for those Cunts ?
Because if we don't, someone else will. And if the player is any good he will contribute something positive during his time at the club. The thing we should be asking is why these players are not persuaded to join clubs like us in the first place instead of joining the Chelsea's of this world.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amIt’s different loaning kids out to league 1 & 2 teams isn’t it .

They are under no illusions . They know they are going to get them full time in the end .
Yes it is different to loaning clubs out to leagues 1 and 2. Players are loaned out to that level to gain experience because they aren't good enough for the PL. Some benefit from it, like Defoe, Ferdinand, Beckham, Kane etc. Others discover league 2 or lower is as good as it's going to get.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amSo the way I see it Loans with no option to buy do fuck all for us except save Sullivan a transfer fee .
And that situation isn't going to change is it.? So why not play the hand you're dealt?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 am I said at the time that Lingard wasn’t required , that we had enough AM’s already and that there were other , more important positions that needed strengthening.

Anybody know for sure ?
Of course not. We may have won the games he played in anyway, we may have lost them. As you say we don't know. What we do know however is that in many of those games he contributed a lot towards to win. Which he obviously wouldn't have been able to do if he was still in Manchester.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amI could see exactly this scenario playing out , Lingard had a chance to regain his England place , which he did briefly, and a chance to prove the idiot that is OGS wrong and get his place back at HIS team , the team he has always supported since a nipper.

Like the Lingard situation we just don't know. Some will, some won't. Moyes knew Lingard from previous experience. It's a bit of a lottery, granted, but it is possibl;e to do a bit of digging to find out a bit about someone's character.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amI’m against borrowing young players from clubs like Chelsea . Why should we develop players for those Cunts ?
Because if we don't, someone else will. And if the player is any good he will contribute something positive during his time at the club. The thing we should be asking is why these players are not persuaded to join clubs like us in the first place instead of joining the Chelsea's of this world.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amIt’s different loaning kids out to league 1 & 2 teams isn’t it .

Yes it is different to loaning clubs out to leagues 1 and 2. Players are loaned out to that level to gain experience because they aren't good enough for the PL. Some benefit from it, like Defoe, Ferdinand, Beckham, Kane etc. Others discover league 2 or lower is as good as it's going to get.
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 amSo the way I see it Loans with no option to buy do fuck all for us except save Sullivan a transfer fee .
And that situation isn't going to change is it.? So why not play the hand you're dealt?
Because none of it is certain to benefit anybody except that Cunt Sullivan .

Its like shagging a big fat ugly bird for no other reason than she’s grateful .

The settle for nothing culture .

No Ambition . Still .
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Anybody know for sure ?

I could see exactly this scenario playing out , Lingard had a chance to regain his England place , which he did briefly, and a chance to prove the idiot that is OGS wrong and get his place back at HIS team , the team he has always supported since a nipper.

I’m against borrowing young players from clubs like Chelsea . Why should we develop players for those Cunts ?

So the way I see it Loans with no option to buy do fuck all for us except save Sullivan a transfer fee .

West Ham supporters seem to think that if we hadn't signed Lingard we would have played with 10 players.
News flash: If we didn't sign Lingard another player would have played in his position.
Any player with the whole team set up to play to his strengths (as Moyes did with Lingard) and playing in a 'not real' season would have had a major impact.

Facts is Moyes has massively cocked up with Lingard. Everyone knows he was never going to sign permanently, and upsetting the permanent players by signing a short term loan with no future at the club (Red Bull ethos :lol: :lol: ) was a move by a scared manager who is only interested in his own reputation with no thoughts of building anything at West Ham.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Anybody know for sure ?

West Ham supporters seem to think that if we hadn't signed Lingard we would have played with 10 players.
News flash: If we didn't sign Lingard another player would have played in his position.
Any player with the whole team set up to play to his strengths (as Moyes did with Lingard) and playing in a 'not real' season would have had a major impact.

Facts is Moyes has massively cocked up with Lingard. Everyone knows he was never going to sign permanently, and upsetting the permanent players by signing a short term loan with no future at the club (Red Bull ethos :lol: :lol: ) was a move by a scared manager who is only interested in his own reputation with no thoughts of building anything at West Ham.
Guesswork and speculation from all of us .

Especially you , any realist will know there was never much chance , if any , of signing Lingard permanently.

The fuck up Moyes has made is throwing all his eggs in one basket and I doubt he has much idea where to go from here .

But since he has credit in the bank from his other signings he tends to get the benefit of the doubt . At the moment .

Patience though are running out .
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:51 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Guesswork and speculation from all of us .

Especially you , any realist will know there was never much chance , if any , of signing Lingard permanently.

The fuck up Moyes has made is throwing all his eggs in one basket and I doubt he has much idea where to go from here .

But since he has credit in the bank from his other signings he tends to get the benefit of the doubt . At the moment .

Patience though are running out .
Educated guesswork from, uneducated guesswork by many others.

newsflash: Lingard ain't all that. Signing him would be a massive mistake.

Moyes is just besotted, in awe of anything Man Utd. The woman that got away that he pines after. He believes that anything Man Utd is great.

Reminder, West Ham should NEVER sign a player from the top 4 or one with a big reputation. I'm sick and tired of seeing players turn up thinking they are doing the club a favour.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:20 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am

Because none of it is certain to benefit anybody except that Cunt Sullivan .

Its like shagging a big fat ugly bird for no other reason than she’s grateful .

The settle for nothing culture .

No Ambition . Still .
Can't disagree. But I guess my point is that if I, as a supporter of the club, was offered a stark choice between::-
a) Going down the loan route to bolster the squad to ensure safety
OR
b) Don't bring in loan players and soldier on with a weaker squad and face the likelier possibility of relegation.

I would choose option a). Of course it isn't ideal. We all know that. But with the present, unimaginative and downright financially inept boardroom management likely to remain in place for at least another 2 years option a) is likely to be as good as it gets,

Which I agree isn't really very good at all. But that's simply the way it is.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?