Atalanta August 7th Betway Cup

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Atalanta August 7th Betway Cup

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:35 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:25 pm A large percentage of our goals and goal chances came through Fornals last season.
How he does it from LB 🤣🤣🤣 I have no idea , imagine if we had a top LB who could defend and had pace , how much more influential Fornals could be in the game .
Agree with all the good stuff said about Fornals in the above contributions and he is also my favourite player at this moment in time .
Can see him having a big World Cup next year 🤞🏻

All said and done though Clay , your post is a deadly serious one despite the smileys .

We NEED that Left back . Imo (as you know) THE most important position in need of strengthening .

We can get through the season with the odd back up acquisitions but we NEED a LB .

You watch , time & time again Cresswell will be targeted .
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:22 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:35 pm

How he does it from LB 🤣🤣🤣 I have no idea , imagine if we had a top LB who could defend and had pace , how much more influential Fornals could be in the game .
Agree with all the good stuff said about Fornals in the above contributions and he is also my favourite player at this moment in time .

All said and done though Clay , your post is a deadly serious one despite the smileys .

We NEED that Left back . Imo (as you know) THE most important position in need of strengthening .

We can get through the season with the odd back up acquisitions but we NEED a LB .

Id play Johnson there with Cresswell/Masuaku further forward. I know he is a RB but he seems as comfortable on the left and has a serious burst of pace.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:26 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:22 pm

Id play Johnson there with Cresswell/Masuaku further forward. I know he is a RB but he seems as comfortable on the left and has a serious burst of pace.
FWIW I wouldn't have either Masuaku or Cresswell in the starting eleven , we really need a top LB , to take the a load of defensive responsibility off of Fornals .
I would have Johnson as backup to Coufal its his natural side and let him get the odd game , Fredericks is no RB .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:17 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:26 pm

FWIW I wouldn't have either Masuaku or Cresswell in the starting eleven , we really need a top LB , to take the a load of defensive responsibility off of Fornals .
I would have Johnson as backup to Coufal its his natural side and let him get the odd game , Fredericks is no RB .
If money was no object then yes, I would replace them but I think that a CB and a CF are more pressing right now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:30 pm The one success story from the Mr Dead era.
I know I'm in the minority but imo Diop was a good acquisition. And Fabianski hasn't been too shabby.

Carlos Sanchez, on the other hand--------
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?