How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Post by Whiskyman »

Riceascaptain wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:38 am

We've already got one left back who is decent going forward but not too clever defensively. Why would we bring in another one ?
I would like the new left back to replace Masuaku who simply isn´t good enough, as good as he can be attacking he is a liability in defence, that´s not premier league material these days.

So Antonee Robinson is as bad defensively? Do you have anyone else in mind who is good enough?
Well, you mentuioned Masuaku. And while I agree with you he isn't good enough to play as an out and out defender I would rate him a far better player than Robinson.

And if my opinion was sought, which it obviously won't be, yes, I would have a list longer than my arm who, imo, are better than Robinson.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Pipe smurf

Re: How could the team look like after a REALISTIC successful transfer window to you?

Post by Pipe smurf »

Ellyes Skhiri became Moyes main choice for the centre midfield ahead of the likes of Kral, Yangel Herrera and Holes

He will sign the contract with West Ham in the beginning of next week

He covered the most ground in the entire Bundesliga lest season, Box to Box midfielder with goals in his locker. Good with his head too

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/ ... khiri/amp/

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Pipe smurf wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:26 am Ellyes Skhiri became Moyes main choice for the centre midfield ahead of the likes of Kral, Yangel Herrera and Holes

He covered the most ground in the entire Bundesliga lest season, Box to Box midfielder with goals in his locker. Good with his head too

I hope this is a figment of your vivid imagination. Let's just say imo he isn't very good.

How much would F C Koln pay us to take him off their hands ?

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:35 am
Pipe smurf wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:26 am Ellyes Skhiri became Moyes main choice for the centre midfield ahead of the likes of Kral, Yangel Herrera and Holes

I hope this is a figment of your vivid imagination. Let's just say imo he isn't very good.

14 million

What makes you say he´s not good? He´s been impressive in the bundesliga, very hard working batttling midfielder with goal thread ala soucek from the middle

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Pipe smurf wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:43 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:35 am

14 million

What makes you say he´s not good? He´s been impressive in the bundesliga, very hard working batttling midfielder with goal thread ala soucek from the middle
What makes anyone say they don't rate a player ? I've seen bits of him in Bundesliga highlights and, tbh, have tended to notice him more for mistakes than positive contributions. Hard work alone is no substitute for skill which, imo, he lacks.

But, hey, it's all about opinions. And Moyes' opinion is the one that matters.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:49 am
Pipe smurf wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:43 am

14 million

What makes anyone say they don't rate a player ? I've seen bits of him in Bundesliga highlights and, tbh, have tended to notice him more for mistakes than positive contributions. Hard work alone is no substitute for skill which, imo, he lacks.

But, hey, it's all about opinions. And Moyes' opinion is the one that matters.
You are basing your opinions of a player because of snippets from highlight reels? He´s often employed as a defensive midfielder so of course he will be shown at times in bad light in the highlight reels especially when you play for a small team, he scored 2 vs Dortmund in a win last season with a world class performance, here he would be playing in a better team

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:25 am
Riceascaptain wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:58 pm

I would like the new left back to replace Masuaku who simply isn´t good enough, as good as he can be attacking he is a liability in defence, that´s not premier league material these days.

So Antonee Robinson is as bad defensively? Do you have anyone else in mind who is good enough?
Well, you mentuioned Masuaku. And while I agree with you he isn't good enough to play as an out and out defender I would rate him a far better player than Robinson.

And if my opinion was sought, which it obviously won't be, yes, I would have a list longer than my arm who, imo, are better than Robinson.
I hereby seek your advice on let´s say five left back options who are realistic signings for us better than Masuaku and Robinson :D

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

We have a very good team with big potential to seriously challenge the champions league places next season if Moyes get´s backed properly to keep his best players and compete properly on the transfer market and let´s be honest here he derserves that especially after the El Pel fiasco! He´s earned the chance with results and now in the Europa league next year if we keep Rice, Soucek and Coufal and add a LB, CB, CM as back up/competition to soucek and rice, Pereira of West Brom or Lingard.. AND THE MOST IMPORTANTLY A STRIKER!!!

No bargain basements this time, we are here to challenge the titles and the top 6!

A striker list:

Patrik Schick
Adam Hlozek
El Nesyri
Abraham
Sima
Yarmechuk

There are some prospects in the Dutch league worth a shout

That´s the caliber of player we should be looking at

whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Riceascaptain wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:09 am We have a very good team with big potential to seriously challenge the champions league places next season if Moyes get´s backed properly to keep his best players and compete properly on the transfer market and let´s be honest here he derserves that especially after the El Pel fiasco! He´s earned the chance with results and now in the Europa league next year if we keep Rice, Soucek and Coufal and add a LB, CB, CM as back up/competition to soucek and rice, Pereira of West Brom or Lingard.. AND THE MOST IMPORTANTLY A STRIKER!!!

No bargain basements this time, we are here to challenge the titles and the top 6!

A striker list:

Patrik Schick
Adam Hlozek
El Nesyri
Abraham
Sima
Yarmechuk

There are some prospects in the Dutch league worth a shout

That´s the caliber of player we should be looking at

whufc_crest
Still 2 hopes
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Keep plugging away. You’ll get one right eventually
COYI!!!